Welcome to Steelmen Online
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 07:52 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @MotherwellLFC: 🔝 | Motherwell Ladies are top of @SWPL 2 after an emphatic 8-0 win over @EUHVFootball. Read the match report: https://t…
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 07:23 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 🎥 | Watch the highlights as Motherwell Under 20s progress in the Scottish FA Youth Cup with an 11-0 victory against… https://t.co/c9FQMgk5LI
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 05:31 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 🎥| "The boys up front maybe haven't shown that ruthlessness in front of goal that is needed to break through that b… https://t.co/K1VinbWK7t
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 05:17 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): REPORT | Motherwell cruised into fifth round of the Scottish FA Youth Cup with an 11-0 victory against Stranraer.… https://t.co/ajpnrSLCFh
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 04:20 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 👏👏 | Another big win for a Motherwell side this afternoon. https://t.co/uJ2C0SlNCe
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 03:05 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): FT | 0-11 It's all over. 'Well cruise through their fourth round fixture. Right at the death Mitchell is sent off… https://t.co/42M21Q8zSo
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:57 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 📷 | @McAlear8_ scores his first goal for the 20s! https://t.co/bXysYW42mC
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:57 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): '82 | 0-11 Agyeman bags yet another goal. Hastie finds the forward who opens his body and finishes confidently in to the far corner.
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:53 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): '78 | 0-10 'Well hit ten. McAlear slots home after more terrific work from Agyeman.
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:51 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 📷⚽️⚽️⚽️ | Agyeman goes around the ‘keeper and secures his hat-trick https://t.co/A7ngQe0lAq
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:47 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): '72 | 0-9 Agyeman grabs his well-deserved hattrick! The striker rounds McLaren and slots the ball home. Great composure.
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:40 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): '65 | 0-8 'Well sub: Maguire makes way to be replaced by Brown
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:40 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 📷 ⚽️⚽️⚽️ | It’s a hat-trick for @JamesScottt9 https://t.co/Mu7qqJRAE2
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:36 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): '62 | 0-8 Scott has his hattrick! Hastie races on to McAlear's through-ball before cutting back for Scott, who taps home from three yards.
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:36 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 📷 | Agyeman grabs his second with a fine finish past McLaren https://t.co/iA8IvshLIC
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:33 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): '59 | 0-7 'Well sub: Turnbull makes way to be replaced by McAlear
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:31 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): '57 | 0-7 Agyeman has his second of the game. The youngster latches on to a perfectly weighted ball from substitute… https://t.co/BPz1w5GorO
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:29 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): '55 | 0-6 Hastie makes it six, but it's the hard work from MacDonald that makes the goal. The midfielder beats his… https://t.co/zYWDYi6CKR
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:29 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): 📷 | @10DavidTurnbull curls in ‘Well’s fifth https://t.co/vTTC1oIMXo
Twitter : (18 February 2018 - 02:26 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): '51 | 0-5 Incredible from Turnbull. The midfielder takes some clever touches to beat two Stranraer defenders before… https://t.co/42GFtraLMo

Photo

Scottish Premiership Game 27: Kilmarnock (H) 17/02/18 15:00

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Yabba's Turd

Yabba's Turd

Motherwell Legend

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,354 posts

It'd be good to stay above this lot

Follow us on Twitter @steelmenonline

siebsbarmyarmy

siebsbarmyarmy

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,575 posts
Dont fear us playing anyone at the moment.

Killie are on a good run but so are we.

Would bring Campbell back in for Kipre and move McHugh to a back 3.

2-1 to the good guys with Cadds and Nads on the score sheet.

Yodo

Yodo

Signed on Full Time

• Legends
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Dont fear us playing anyone at the moment.
Killie are on a good run but so are we.
Would bring Campbell back in for Kipre and move McHugh to a back 3.
2-1 to the good guys with Cadds and Nads on the score sheet.

McHugh can't play in a back 3 and Jones will run by him all day long .This is where the manager earns his money,for me you put Charles on the right and bring in Hendrie on the left or go to a back four wth McHugh in the sweeper role and leave Tait and Charles in the full back positions .

siebsbarmyarmy

siebsbarmyarmy

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,575 posts

McHugh can't play in a back 3 and Jones will run by him all day long .This is where the manager earns his money,for me you put Charles on the right and bring in Hendrie on the left or go to a back four wth McHugh in the sweeper role and leave Tait and Charles in the full back positions .

Who do you get your crack from..... must be right good shit.

Dunne on the right or McHugh sweeper. Cmon now.

DEWELL

DEWELL

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,992 posts
This is a massive game in terms of top 6. We need the 3 points badly and i just feel we can get them.

Posted Image

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom

steelboy

steelboy

Resident Troll

• Legends
  • 7,973 posts

McHugh sweeper and Aldred moving over is the obvious change. Or we might change to a four at the back as Kilie will be looking to push Jones up the park to nulify Cadden.

Yassin

Yassin

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,343 posts
For right or wrong I doubt we'll see McHugh dropping back. Afaik Robinson hasn't done it at all this season and only did so last year out of necessity.

gullane

gullane

International

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

We should fully expect Hendrie to start next game. It's why we signed him. Cadden has previously nullified Jones and expect him to be given a similar role.

With both sides well organised at present, this is going to be tight. Too close to call.

Ped_MFC

Ped_MFC

Signed on Full Time

• Legends
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
Without big Cedric I think we should go wth a back 4, Tait, McHugh, Aldred and Dunne. Cadden and Frear wide in midfield roles would also allow us to get cover in the full back areas, especially down our right against Jones.

Yassin

Yassin

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,343 posts
Fwiw I think Killie will have slightly too much for us. Close game but our makeshift defence and their quality in midfield will give them an edge. 1-2.

CoF

CoF

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 2,177 posts

I never band about the phrase "must win" unless it's a mathematical fact (Unlike some posters here who say it in the 2nd week of September). I'm making this game an exception.

I think there's only one spot up for grabs in the top 6 and the momentum is well and truly with Killie. With 3 points behind us and 3 games in hand I do think we've got to take full points from this game to have any chance of the top 6. 

‎"I think I'm allergic to leather, every time I wake up with my shoes on my heid is fuckin loupin." - Hamish Imlach

Clackscat

Clackscat

Attracting Interest from Abroad

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

For right or wrong I doubt we'll see McHugh dropping back. Afaik Robinson hasn't done it at all this season and only did so last year out of necessity.

He played mchugh in central defence in the 3-2 defeat by Thistle, however you are right in principle in that he did say at the AGM he feels that weakens midfield and he is not happy doing it so I imagine he will look at other solutions.

Personally i think if it is a back 3 it will be Aldred Dunne Hendrie, however we played a back 4 at Rugby Park of Tait Kipre Dunne and Hammell. Wouldnt be surprised if he went Tait Aldred Dunne Hendrie.....time will tell

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

milo

milo

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 4,163 posts
Killie have been a revelation since Clarke took over but weve hit a bit of form since the winter break also.

With Kipre suspended and Hartley injured our backline is severely weakened, Campbell may be out still also, I fear that Killie will have too much.

You never know though.
"In his book, "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower," William Blum warns of how the media will make anything that smacks of "conspiracy theory" an immediate "object of ridicule." This prevents the media from ever having to investigate the many strange interconnections among the ruling class -- for example, the relationship between the boards of directors of media giants, and the energy, banking and defense industries. These unmentionable topics are usually treated with what Blum calls "the media's most effective tool -- silence." But in case somebody's asking questions, all you have to do is say, "conspiracy theory," and any allegation instantly becomes too frivolous to merit serious attention. On the other hand, since my paranoid shift, whenever I hear the words "conspiracy theory" (which seems more often, lately) it usually means someone is getting too close to the truth."

superward

superward

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,206 posts
Killie play Dundee midweek so hopefully there will be some weariness in them legs come Saturday at 3pm.

They build wins upon keeping it tight and have only won by more than a 1 goal margin twice in the league since October (both against Partick).
So, if we can score a couple we should be fine.

As someone said, we are in good form too so I expect us to compete and at least come away with a point.

ropy

ropy

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,982 posts
If we dont play Hendrie he has been a pointless signing

gdalli10

gdalli10

European Footballer of the Year

• SO Well Society Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Interests:blah
Im back for this game. I think well go to a back four with Cedric out. Hopefully Campbell is back because him vs Mulumbu should be a cracking battle.
We all have our choices, these are what make man great, his ladder to the stars

Andy_P

Andy_P

Motherwell Legend

• 4,456 posts

I never band about the phrase "must win" unless it's a mathematical fact (Unlike some posters here who say it in the 2nd week of September). I'm making this game an exception.

I think there's only one spot up for grabs in the top 6 and the momentum is well and truly with Killie. With 3 points behind us and 3 games in hand I do think we've got to take full points from this game to have any chance of the top 6. 

Looking at the fixtures I tend to think you might be right.

With the Old Firm and St Johnstone in Perth as our pre-split finale at first glance it doesn't appear the easiest of run-ins and if we have any aspirations of a top half finish you would want to accumulate as many points as you possibly can ahead of those games.  

You would also want to, in fact scrub that, you really have take advantage of the opportunity that comes with facing a direct competitor on your home patch such as Kilmarnock on Saturday.  Failure to do so is going to leave us with a lot to do in some very tricky fixtures. 

superward

superward

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,206 posts

Killie are going to be playing twice a week for the next few weeks. I think that has a good chance of denting their good run of form. Many twists and turns yet in the battle for that 6th spot.

GazzyB

GazzyB

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 5,402 posts

Agreed, absolutely massive game. Given Robinson's will to win I'm sure we'll be right up for it.

Gonna say 1-0 to us, Curtis Main with the goal.

middleeastdave

middleeastdave

Attracting Interest from Abroad

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
Has anyone heard of Peter Hartley's scan result on his foot, I assume it is not good news as we would have heard if it was good news!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users