Scottish Premiership Game 19: Dundee (H) 23/12/17 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Dundee are in much better overall form but they have still only won once away this season so I'd still put us as favourites to take the three points.

A defeat though would be a real hammer blow to the first half of the season.

At least I will actually be there having missed our last 7 league matches for a variety of reasons.

Unthinkable that we lose this and our best opportunity to get 3 points before the break. Id almost take a point just to stop the rot.

Will any of the injured players be back for this? Hope so. Whats the timescale for them returning if not? Would be good to know.

Unthinkable that we lose this and our best opportunity to get 3 points before the break. Id almost take a point just to stop the rot.

Will any of the injured players be back for this? Hope so. Whats the timescale for them returning if not? Would be good to know.

9 points before the break is more than achievable but we need to get this monkey off our back against Dundee, get a wee confidence boast and find a winning set up.

Rangers home form this season is absolutely abysmal so I think it would be a poor result to go there and lose.

At home to Hamilton you are always looking to win although if you take Moult out of our team I think the quality gulf between the teams is fairly narrow.

Even with Moult, a fully fit team and even a modest return of points from the past few games winning the next 3 on the bounce would be an extremely tall order.

Dundee have taken 9 from 12. We were miles ahead of them and now a win here will see them right behind us.

Rangers at ibrox is never a fixture we prevail in.

Accies are inexplicably excelling this season and have taken points of everyone lately.

The run were on at the moment is equal to any of the shite weve endured in the past 3 seasons.

I honestly can see us not winning another game in 2017. That would then be 1 win in 11 and Im not suggesting for a second that I want this, but managers have been sacked for less.

Really really hope Im wrong.

Even with Moult, a fully fit team and even a modest return of points from the past few games winning the next 3 on the bounce would be an extremely tall order.

Dundee have taken 9 from 12. We were miles ahead of them and now a win here will see them right behind us.

Accies are inexplicably excelling this season and have taken points of everyone lately.

The run were on at the moment is equal to any of the shite weve endured in the past 3 seasons.

I honestly can see us not winning another game in 2017. That would then be 1 win in 11 and Im not suggesting for a second that I want this, but managers have been sacked for less.

They have, but in general clubs that make knee jerk reactions like that regret it pretty quickly, are we honestly that daft given he was close to the messia a month ago ? Thats straying into Rangers and Celtic territory where you lose a game and the world has caved on.

Very hard to call and it really all depends on which, if indeed any, of our casualties are well enough to return. If Carson and Hartley can return then a draw is not beyond us. Scoring will be a different matter. At the very worst and assuming there are no more injuries, then I'd say the new Greek keeper and Newell (if fit) should start. Things should be clearer by Friday night.

One worrying thought is that Carson was out with a shoulder injury at the start of the season. Is his current injury the same? Is it a fairly recent problem or has he had it for some years?

This is nowhere need the freefalls of previous seasons when we lost games in a whimper . We have lost 3 this week to the odd goal and deserved to take something in all of them . We have had 8 away games in last 10 games and last 3 have missed our 4 most influential players . Lets get real here we are 7th in League and have been in a cup final what do you actually expect from a team tipped for relegation .I have no problem with people worrying as lost 4 in a row but no way are we as bad as last season . We will miss Moult but once the other 3 return and we get the luck that has deserted us recently results will pick up so keep the faith and together we will start winning again .

• Like 3

Not saying we should or will but it's possible to win all of these games.

I don't think Accies season is inexplicable. They have some decent players at this level - Skondras, Docherty, Templeton, Crawford etc. Those guys would play in most teams in this league.

I'll be at this one, so we'll most likely lose. Sorry.

It's been years since I saw us win at Fir Park, or even pick up a point. I've seen us win away as recently as the Accies game in May, but I think the last time I saw us win at Fir Park, Tommy Coyne was playing!

Fingers crossed for a change of fortune.

Not for the first time this season, I thought Dundee looked pretty decent from the highlights at the weekend. A team that is committed to passing and moving with a couple of in-form players in OHara and Moussa.

Anything is possible when you play the percentage game like us but if we dont have Cadden and Hartley back (I assume Carson is definitely out) then Id say Dundee are favourites given our severe lack of cutting edge.

Anything is possible when you play the percentage game like us but if we dont have Cadden and Hartley back (I assume Carson is definitely out) then Id say Dundee are favourites given our severe lack of cutting edge.

IF Cadden is back we have to play him wide right. He is far less effective in the middle.

Dundee only 1 away win this season so nothing to fear we are at home for only the 2nd time in 2 months so we need to make it count . As we have brought another keeper in sounds like Carson out till January but hopefully Hartley , Cadden , and Frear will be back and if so will make a difference . We can win this so let them worry about us instead of panicking because if we play well imo we will win.

Wrong in both counts Im afraid Celtic , Aberdeen , Rangers , Hearts , and Dundee all have more home points than us and Thistle got worst away although only a point less than Dundee but we certainly have a beter home record compared to Dundee,s away so nothing to fear .

Aye it turns out transfermarkt isn't particularly reliable when it comes to stats. I miss Statto :(

Talk from the manager at last nights AGM is that he is hoping to have most of the injured players back for Saturday. What a boost that would be.

I assume Carson will still be out though as it would seem a bit odd to sign the Greek fella on a 1 month contract to only cover 2 games.

If we can get Cadden, Frear and particularly Hartley back for this one id Be much more confident of picking up 3 points.

• Like 1

Took a quick look back the only worst 8 game league run we've had recently was when Barraclough picked up a whopping 1 point from 24 between 1st January and 21st February 2015.

A lose against Dundee would equal our worst 9 game run since then, the above mentioned Barraclough run (he beat Inverness in the next match) and the run that lead to McCall's resignation which took 4 points from 27 between 22 August 2014 and 31 October 2014.