Mfc Podcast - Football Shirt Amnesty

AndyRoss

The MFC Podcast will be hosting a football shirt amnesty at Fir Parks Centenary Suite on Sunday 27th August between 10am & 1pm.

Most of us will have football shirts that you, your children or family members have grown out of or no longer wear we aim to ensure these shirts dont go to waste while raising money for our Off-Air 3 publication where all proceeds will be donated to the Well Society. On the day you will also be able to place your vote as Motherwell fans decide on the clubs 25 Greatest Post-War Players, as well as being able to pre-order your copy of the book in which the results of the vote will be revealed.

On Sunday 27th, everyone is welcome to come along to Fir Park, pick a shirt and make a donation to Off-Air 3.

On four evenings leading up to the amnesty, members of the podcast team will be at Fir Park to accept donations of football shirts please note we cant accept donations on the day.

Thursday 17th August Fir Park Main Entrance 6pm-8pm

Friday 18th August Fir Park Main Entrance 6pm-8pm

Thursday 24th August Fir Park Main Entrance -6pm-8pm

Friday 25th August Fir Park Main Entrance 6pm-8pm

We can also accept postal deliveries of shirts, please email info@mfc1886.com and we will provide a postal address.

These shirts DO NOT need to be Motherwell shirts, all we ask is that the shirts are washed before donation. All sizes will of course also be accepted.

Please spread the word with friends and family and lets hope we can have as many people along to Fir Park on August 27th for a successful event.

Great idea Andy which will benefit the Society. Could I suggest though that there be some collection at the home games against Ross County and Hearts. Many fans, like myself, aren't able to go near Fir Park except on matchdays and by excluding us you'd be missing out on some contributions. For my part, I won't be at the Hearts game but will be there on Saturday. If someone can meet me either before or after the game I'll hand in a few shirts.

Great idea Andy which will benefit the Society. Could I suggest though that there be some collection at the home games against Ross County and Hearts. Many fans, like myself, aren't able to go near Fir Park except on matchdays and by excluding us you'd be missing out on some contributions. For my part, I won't be at the Hearts game but will be there on Saturday. If someone can meet me either before or after the game I'll hand in a few shirts.

Hi mate, the main reason behind this is not to get in the way of what the club are doing around the ground, for things like the Toy Drive we need to liaise with the club quite far ahead of the event. To get round this I've provided my address to a few people to allow them to send shirts.

If you don't mind I'll drop you a message with my mobile number and I can meet you on Saturday to get the shirts?

Thanks

Andy

Hi mate, the main reason behind this is not to get in the way of what the club are doing around the ground, for things like the Toy Drive we need to liaise with the club quite far ahead of the event. To get round this I've provided my address to a few people to allow them to send shirts.

If you don't mind I'll drop you a message with my mobile number and I can meet you on Saturday to get the shirts?

Thanks

Andy

No problem Andy. Just contact me and I'll bring them along on Saturday.

Quick question.

How are old tops going to help find the publication? Just curious!

We're having an event on Sunday 27th August at the Centenary Suite (10am-1pm) where people can come along and pick up a shirt for a donation. We've had a lot of kids shirts, which isn't a great surprise, some of the strips in our house, the kids have only had on a few times before they've grown out of them. Hopefully this is a more affordable way for people to get football shirts.

It's an idea that might not appeal to everyone, but just something different to hopefully help us along.

Great response yesterday, thanks to all who dropped off shirts. Shirts donated included this belter and a number of signed shirts - we'll be putting a fixed price on some of the signed shirts and they'll be available first come, first served next Sunday.

We'll be at Fir Park on Thursday and Friday for donations between 6&8 and then can accept donations before and after the game on Saturday. We've had a great range of sizes donated, but could be doing with more kids shirts.

Cheers

DHrRyI1XkAAApic.jpg

We'll be back at Fir Park tomorrow and Friday between 6-8pm should you have any shirts you'd like to donate and also before/after Hearts on Saturday in Club 100.

Thank you for the great response so far - now at the stage where we just need to hope the event gets a good turnout.

Cheers

21013757_2038725609692742_24865049051701

21034488_2038878699677433_23240197634875

Final push ahead of the weekend, we will also have a few reps of the Disabled Supporters Association along selling raffles for their Lego Fir Park draw and also a shirt design competition for the kids - with the best entry winning a home/away shirt of their choice.

I'll be at Fir Park 6-7:30 tonight and we'll all be in Club 100 before and after the game tomorrow - drop me a message if you need a mobile number.

We've had a great response and really hope those coming along on Sunday will be able to pick up a shirt that will be of use - there's a superb variety.

Finally THAT David Ferrere shirt is now available for bids -http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/David-Ferrere-Match-Worn-Motherwell-Shirt-Hat-Trick-v-Hibs-/292226002660?hash=item440a06eee4:g:h1EAAOSw7htZnzVb