The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I do a bit of coaching with the Clach Under 17s, one of the kids got to play left wing in an ICT select team last week. Came back absolutely raving about Joe Chalmers and how big an influence he was throughout the game.

/pointless derail

While I don't doubt that they'll be looking for another forward, should they be? With Rooney, Stewart, Stockley, Wright, Storey, McLean, Mackay-Steven, Maynard among other more attacking options, should they really be spending 400k+ on another attacker?

The only striking Stockley does is with his elbows. Dirty cunt.

The rancid re editing Moults interview and deliberately omitting parts to sensationalise others.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-target-louis-moult-urges-10787140.amp

Don't read the Record but I heard Moult on Radio Scotland tonight and it was pretty obvious he wants away.

Literally no idea how to defend.

You have to admire his ingenuity, however, to con all the coaches and managers he's played under that he can play left back. He better hope nobody at ICT reads this, or he's been rumbled.

Controversial view coming....Moult was brought in as backup to Fletcher. Yes, Fletcher.

He grabbed his chance when Fletcher got injured and over-performed in a terrible team.

I like the guy a lot, he has scored goals and has consistently been a top performer in his 2 years with us, but he isn't close to the talent of Marvin Johnson in my opinion, and if he can afford to turn down top wages at the club then fine, value him up and let him leave if it suits the club.

If we can afford to make him top player then we clearly have a wedge to get a decent replacement for our level. Others have already outlined our model, and getting a return on Moult is a success.

If Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs etc want to bid it out, brilliant, I cried as a boy when O'Donnell went to celtic, but quickly learned that's football and it will happen again and again. C'est la vie.

• Like 1

I just don't think it needs to be specifically articulated that we are a "stepping stone" club. I mean, I know we are, you know we are, I just don't think that's needs to be put out in there in the way it was.

That's all.

Every club in Scotland is a stepping stone , we aint in a unique position. Aberdeen lose their best players to as do the OF

My only worry regarding Moult Is come January can he not be picked up on a pre-contract, ruling out any money for him?

Yes, which is why some valuations around here are not realistic.

Also why I think it might not be worth selling him and just allowing him to leave next season.

I think it will be a close run thing between what we can get for him and what's he's worth to us over a season.

Also why I think it might not be worth selling him and just allowing him to leave next season.

I think it will be a close run thing between what we can get for him and what's he's worth to us over a season.

Took my uncle to the game against Killie and he said to me if Rangers pay Motherwell for Moult and Heneghan it would be robbery! While he is a celtic fan, he goes to a game every week, often Motherwell or Hibs, and he has never rated our 2 boys. Just saying. We think Moult is great, but as per my previous post he grabbed his chance with hard graft in a terrible team. I'm sure the club know what they are doing, so if he goes for an undisclosed fee or free, let's just trust the club know better than most of us and will make the best decision.

Yeah this would be my position too.

If we don't get any decent offers and are left with the choices of either selling him for peanuts and scrambling around for a 15 goal striker in late August or getting another season out of Moult then letting him leave on a free I'd rather the latter.

He clearly wants a move but -purely conjecture-he doesn't strike me as the type to throw his toys out the pram in the way it was suggested Johnson might.

Best case scenario for all parties is probably a League One side offering us £600k ASAP though tbh.

Best case scenario for all parties is probably a League One side offering us £600k ASAP though tbh.

This, plus a cut from a big money transfer for Marvin, and the signing of a replacement for Moult that we can sell on in 2 years - would be ideal.

This owning a football club is a doddle.

• Like 1

It's no longer if Moult leaves. Its now when. So it's up to the club to get the best financial deal possible regardless of who buys him. Sadly Robinson won't see much of it as it will mostly go to clearing off part of our debts and I'm sure there must be a sizeable sell on clause to pay also. So the sooner its done and dusted the better. Players will always come and go and as long as the club can turn a profit then I'm quite happy. This scenario will get played out again with another player this time next year.

Getting sick of this now. If he wants to go then go and let's focus on a replacement. Feel the affection of the fans is being worn away by the way this is being handled like many before him. Leave the club with dignity and stop whoring yourself.

Getting sick of this now. If he wants to go then go and let's focus on a replacement. Feel the affection of the fans is being worn away by the way this is being handled like many before him. Leave the club with dignity and stop whoring yourself.

Have I missed something here? He has handled himself superbly. I can't remember any player interacting with supporters like he does.

People get worked up and start pant wetting so easily these days.

• Like 4

Better him whoring himself that the club having to do it. Can't be a bad thing that the papers are giving column inches to him and advertising that he's available - if the club did this they would look desperate and that would invite low bids. Personally I think it's more effective this way and wouldn't be surprised to find out that Alan Burrows had a hand in what's happening.

Controversial view coming....Moult was brought in as backup to Fletcher. Yes, Fletcher.

He grabbed his chance when Fletcher got injured and over-performed in a terrible team.

I like the guy a lot, he has scored goals and has consistently been a top performer in his 2 years with us, but he isn't close to the talent of Marvin Johnson in my opinion, and if he can afford to turn down top wages at the club then fine, value him up and let him leave if it suits the club.

If we can afford to make him top player then we clearly have a wedge to get a decent replacement for our level. Others have already outlined our model, and getting a return on Moult is a success.

If Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs etc want to bid it out, brilliant, I cried as a boy when O'Donnell went to celtic, but quickly learned that's football and it will happen again and again. C'est la vie.

Took my uncle to the game against Killie and he said to me if Rangers pay Motherwell for Moult and Heneghan it would be robbery! While he is a celtic fan, he goes to a game every week, often Motherwell or Hibs, and he has never rated our 2 boys. Just saying. We think Moult is great, but as per my previous post he grabbed his chance with hard graft in a terrible team. I'm sure the club know what they are doing, so if he goes for an undisclosed fee or free, let's just trust the club know better than most of us and will make the best decision.

Controversial? I wouldn't say so. He looked a more rounded player in the pre-season games than Fletcher but the fact is there Fletcher started at Inverness and Moult was on the bench come the opening day so whether through fitness, tactics, or perception of ability he replaced Fletcher. No denying that one.

Isn't close to the talent of Johnson? Comparing apples and pears that one with a winger and a striker. The flip side is of course that Johnson doesn't have a quarter of the heart, worth ethic and determination that Moult has, which is as equally relevant in a player's skillset.

But the post in general is a hint of the kind of revisionist stuff that often comes when a liked and rated player doesn't declare their undying love for the team and sign a new 5 year deal. I'm sure we'll begin to see a few posts that will view Moult in a different light

More than 35 goals in two seasons, a winner at Parkhead, a last minute equaliser in a derby with 10 men, the goal that turned the tide of a relegation battle, became a community ambassador for the club, turns up to support the ladies team and fans events and responds to pretty much every tweet he gets. But you know...never said it before but I always thought he was a bit over-rated and full of himself.

And right on queue.....

As an outsider with no previous connection to the club the guy has bought into Motherwell FC like few before him and has conducted himself brilliantly on and off the park throughout. As the agreement that both club and player willingly entered into reaching its conclusion absolutely none affection has been lost in the eyes of this poster I can assure you!

• Like 14

If Louis Moult is the whore, Motherwell FC is the pimp.

We'll be desperate to get him out the door before the window closes, along with the opportunity of any chance of cash. Absolutely no doubt we'll be using every media contact in the book to make sure the whole world knows he's available.

it will be hard to let go of a guy who scores so many goals, works so hard go the team and interacts with the fans in such a genuine way.

But let's not confuse that feeling of loss and it's associated emotion with blaming him for doing exactly what we knew he and the club would do two years ago when we signed him.

We can't blame any player for our placement in the football hierarchy.

From what I've seen, the lad is just being honest. I can't imagine he uprooted his family and came to Lanarkshire for the weather. He came here because he bought the vision sold to him by the club at the time. The past two seasons have built up to this window. He's earned his move and I wish him luck.

• Like 6

I won't quote due to the length, but that's an excellent post Andy.

The way Moult has conducted himself both on and off the park during his time here has been exemplary. As other have said I wouldn't be surprised if the club are encouraging Moult to get his name out. Better him than the club doing it so we can protect our position if/when bids do come in.

If Louis moves this window it's the epitome of our business plan working to a tee and should in theory help recruitment down the line when we can put the evidence of Louis and Marvin to players.

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic