The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

I'd rather some of the fringe players who promised a lot (Bigi, Frear, etc) step up and give the manager a selection headache.

Based on what I've seen I think Robinson sees our strongest team at present as:

--------------------Carson---------------------

-----Kipre---------Hartley--------Aldred-----

Cadden--Campbell--McHugh--Frear/Rose

--------------------Tanner---------------------

--------------Ciftci-------Main----------------

Not exactly sure why he would want to drop Dunne.

The left-hand side of the team is a massive concern for me, the squad is as deep as I can remember it, but it seems that our options for left wing-back, are an out-and-out winger in the injured Frear, or the right footers Tait and Rose.

I'd like to see us move a couple of the midfielders or strikers on that aren't getting much game time, Fisher, Petravicius, Bigi and Grimshaw and bring someone in that can play the position properly.

What's everyone's thoughts on dropping mchugh, playing dunne Hartley aldred and Tait at the back. Pushing kipre in to centre mid with Campbell alongside him. Cadden on the right tanner on the left with main and çiftçi up front

We have five first team players who are central midfielders by trade - it's the most depth we have in any position - I really don't see why we would want to play someone out of position there.

For what it's worth, I think McHugh had his best game for a long time last night.

• Like 2

I'd rather some of the fringe players who promised a lot (Bigi, Frear, etc) step up and give the manager a selection headache.

Based on what I've seen I think Robinson sees our strongest team at present as:

-----Kipre---------Hartley--------Aldred-----

Cadden--Campbell--McHugh--Frear/Rose

Im more inclined to think Robinson would go with the following if everyone is fit:

-----Kipre---------Hartley--------Dunne

Cadden--Campbell--McHugh--Tait-

Aldred, Rose, Frear, Bowman, Bigi, Grimshaw, Griffiths

• Like 1

We have five first team players who are central midfielders by trade - it's the most depth we have in any position - I

really don't see why we would want to play someone out of position there.

For what it's worth, I think McHugh had his best game for a long time last night.[/quote

McHugh was terrible to watch last night his distribution is shocking

What's everyone's thoughts on dropping mchugh, playing dunne Hartley aldred and Tait at the back. Pushing kipre in to centre mid with Campbell alongside him. Cadden on the right tanner on the left with main and çiftçi up front

This isnt a game of FIFA and we dont have a shortage of central midfielders, Kipre stays at centre back

• Like 2

The left-hand side of the team is a massive concern for me, the squad is as deep as I can remember it, but it seems that our options for left wing-back, are an out-and-out winger in the injured Frear, or the right footers Tait and Rose.

I'd like to see us move a couple of the midfielders or strikers on that aren't getting much game time, Fisher, Petravicius, Bigi and Grimshaw and bring someone in that can play the position properly.

I always thought that Tait was two footed? I've said for months that he's the first fullback we've had in years that I can remember being equally capable with both feet.

I always thought that Tait was two footed? I've said for months that he's the first fullback we've had in years that I can remember being equally capable with both feet.

I think he's primarily right-footed but unlike most professional footballers these days (or so it would seem), is comfortable and capable of using his non-favoured foot for something other than standing. He's straight into the team for me and is essentially Hammell's replacement as Mr. Consistency.

Fisher's absence from the bench, when we had no recognised striker on it, last night made me think we've maybe found a taker for him and didn't want to risk an injury. Robinson probably foresaw the need to take Main and Ciftci off at some point and I doubt he'd have been enthusiastic at the prospect of playing Petravicius as our only centre forward at the end of the game.

Fisher's absence from the bench, when we had no recognised striker on it, last night made me think we've maybe found a taker for him and didn't want to risk an injury. Robinson probably foresaw the need to take Main and Ciftci off at some point and I doubt he'd have been enthusiastic at the prospect of playing Petravicius as our only centre forward at the end of the game.

I was thinking along the same lines, although it didn't occur to me that we might have found a taker for him. When the team lines were announced I thought we were a striker short and wondered what would happen if Cifti or Main had to go off early or even if they tired, as they did. If we'd been trailing Ross County with say 15 minutes to go we could not have put on another striker.

Fisher might just have been injured or ill of course but his absence hasn't been mentioned anywhere.

• Andy_P locked this topic