Peter Hartley

livivoice

• 2 weeks later...

He's been great for us this season.

A repeat of his behaviour against Accies, however, is not acceptable. He already put us on the road to defeat when he sold the 2nd goal. Getting suspended is letting the team down.

It's also a bit hypocritical for someone who loves to dish out the verbals to lose it when someone gives it back. Suck it up and move on to beating them in the next game - instead of getting suspended for the next game.

I'll still be delighted if we can sign him up permanently, though.

I think my issue with Hartley - and in some ways the entire team - is that Robinson's playing style promotes agressive play like his, leading to mistakes and these types of incidents.

There's a fine line between passion, commitment and downright thuggery and I'm concerned that it may boil over in a similar way to Saturday at least once more this season. Which may well provided a spark, true, but if it also leads to suspensions, it needs toned down.

I think my issue with Hartley - and in some ways the entire team - is that Robinson's playing style promotes agressive play like his, leading to mistakes and these types of incidents.

There's a fine line between passion, commitment and downright thuggery and I'm concerned that it may boil over in a similar way to Saturday at least once more this season. Which may well provided a spark, true, but if it also leads to suspensions, it needs toned down.

Its true its a bit of a fine line but I think his forceful nature brings more positives than negatives. Heneghan is a promising young player who I think will improve but the difference Hartley made with his organisation and presence was obvious right from the start. I think if you take certain qualities away from certain players you lose a lot and to me Hartley is one of those players.

He's been great for us this season.

A repeat of his behaviour against Accies, however, is not acceptable. He already put us on the road to defeat when he sold the 2nd goal. Getting suspended is letting the team down.

It's also a bit hypocritical for someone who loves to dish out the verbals to lose it when someone gives it back. Suck it up and move on to beating them in the next game - instead of getting suspended for the next game.

I'll still be delighted if we can sign him up permanently, though.

More than anyone he's let his manager down.

Robinson is under some real pressure to get out of this run and Hartley will likely be suspended for the upcoming matches against Hamilton, Ross County and perhaps beyond.

It was entirely avoidable and if I was Robinson I'd be fuming.

Maybe these situations occur when a player feels the manager is powerless to act against him.....certainly there was a break down in discipline and you get the impression the manager is losing control.

More than anyone he's let his manager down.

Robinson is under some real pressure to get out of this run and Hartley will likely be suspended for the upcoming matches against Hamilton, Ross County and perhaps beyond.

It was entirely avoidable and if I was Robinson I'd be fuming.

Maybe these situations occur when a player feels the manager is powerless to act against him.....certainly there was a break down in discipline and you get the impression the manager is losing control.

Either that or Peter Hartley is just a bit radge.

I think you've been paying too much heed to the Scottish media. Our physical/aggeressive approach to football was never an issue until we beat Sevco in the semi final. Sevco could handle themselves perfectly well just ask Louis Moult. In the run of games since then most teams have beaten us physically and in some cases dominated us. In the game against Hibs media darling John McGinn who is built like a tank lashed out at anything that moved and proved more than capable of winning 40/60 balls. Don't confuse one random barny with an over physical approach. Dundee were very physical for example with Moussa in particular being lucky to see half time. Their defence too were big and took no prisoners. Last weekend Accies were far more physical and aggressive than us. Tanner and Newell in particular suffered a battering. Where we do lose out to some extent is that we are naive and commit rash challenges Kipre style whilst other more streetwise teams lash out behind the referee's back.

On the contrary I want to see us improve our physicality and controlled aggression yet further but without resorting to dirtiness. I want to see our players be strong enough to hold off challenges from the likes of Brown, McGinn, Tomas, McKinnon, Alves, Lafferty and O'Hara.

• Like 3

I think you've been paying too much heed to the Scottish media. Our physical/aggeressive approach to football was never an issue until we beat Sevco in the semi final. Sevco could handle themselves perfectly well just ask Louis Moult. In the run of games since then most teams have beaten us physically and in some cases dominated us. In the game against Hibs media darling John McGinn who is built like a tank lashed out at anything that moved and proved more than capable of winning 40/60 balls. Don't confuse one random barny with an over physical approach. Dundee were very physical for example with Moussa in particular being lucky to see half time. Their defence too were big and took no prisoners. Last weekend Accies were far more physical and aggressive than us. Tanner and Newell in particualr suffered a battering. Where we do lose out to some extent is that we are naive and commit rash challenges Kipre style whilst other more streetwise teams lash out behind the referee's back.

On the contrary I want to see us improve our physicality and controlled aggression yet further but without resorting to dirtiness. I want to see our players be strong enough to hold off challenges from the likes of Brown, McGinn, Tomas, McKinnon, Alves, Lafferty and O'Hara.

Spot on.

Why is everybody over analysing what Hartley did on Saturday, yes it was a bit daft and he got red carded but he was only doing what every single well fan at the game as well as thousands of others at other clubs up and down the country have wanted to do. IE give that obnoxious wee prick Imrie a good kicking. Needs to be done more often if you ask me

• Like 2

I think you've been paying too much heed to the Scottish media. Our physical/aggeressive approach to football was never an issue until we beat Sevco in the semi final.

We are physical through an absence of style and ability but I don't think we are out and out dirty as has been portrayed.

Basically we are plodders rather than thugs.