Reserves/Under 20's/Youths

middleeastdave

Mackin looking better too I thought. Dropped some weight since the start of the season and looking sharp.

Hopefully he makes me eat my words from earlier this year saying he won't make it.

Mackin looks a lot more mobile IMO and there's a bit of skill there to add to the fact that he seems to be a very decent finisher, his goal the other week was a superb hit. He definitely seems to be becoming a much more rounded striker rather than just a big lump to hit up front. His set up and cross for Blyth's chance early on was a fine bit of football.

30 mins in and Jamie Semple has a double. The second a cracking left foot volley after one touch to kill a cross field ball. Haven't seen him before but read a bit about him and he seems a cracking prospect. Just a shame he's likely to be away down south before he gets near the first team.

And all the media can focus on is a certain Celtic player got 26 minutes as sub.

The Scotsman today has the following story:

English sides chase Rangers kid

Four of the English Premier League’s biggest clubs are interested in prizing 15-year-old Billy Gilmour away from Rangers.

The prospect is already rated around £3 million and has interested scouts from Arsenal, Chelsea and both Manchester clubs.

So Semple must be worth at least that, I'm guessing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...