Scottish Premiership Game 25: Partick Thistle (H) 03/02/18 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Looking forward to this. tough game but winnable. Id go

carson

kipre hartley Dunne

Cadden campbell mchugh tait

Tanner

Ciftci Main

Gotta play to win today so attacking line up needed. Mchugh is the question mark for. Would easily swap for rose.

Us to win 3-1 main ciftci and tanner to score.

Id make one change to this team by resting Tait and giving Hendrie a debut.

This is s pivitol week which could conclude with a very positive outlook or see us back in mire. The longer we go unbeaten against Thistle st home, the more I anticipate a slip-up. Hopefully not today though and it would be nice to see Nadir get off the mark.

Form suggests that in this fixture the away team should just forfeit the match and put their feet up.

However I think Partick will be better than the last time they came to Fir Park. They have a few important players back from injury including Abdul Osman who is a huge player for them and their recent form, and especially the away win at St. Johnstone, will give them confidence.

We weren't bad against Hearts but our attacking play was very poor, very little movement, no one making runs, no fluidity. Will be looking for improvement in that regard.

Would rather have Tanner in the XI than Ciftci who has looked well off the pace so far.

A win would put us 8 points ahead of Partick, who are one of the few teams without games in hand against us, so this is quite an important match. Lose and Partick are only 2 points behind so it's a 6 pointer and we can't be losing these types of games at home.

When MacLean came on a couple of weeks ago, he ran his socks off and got stuck in. He certainly offered more attacking threat than Petravicius - but that's not saying much. Could you have MacLean on the right and Tanner on the left?

MacLean is 21 next month.

Needs games now.

• Like 1

If Aldred is fit he's got to be in there.

If we're going back 3 Kipre/Hartley/Aldred would be what I would look to.

Happy with Main and Cifci up top and play Tanner in behind.

Main certainly seems to give the team more legs.

Against Accies he was all over the pitch. Defending our box one min, the next charging up front. Seems a decent out ball, as well as being able to hit the net.

Fact is that with Osman fit for them, it kind of justifies Robinson picking his more physical midfielders and leaving the ball players like Tanner and Bigirimana on the bench. Not saying it's what I would do but can see the justification.

Hendrie gives us the option of a back four. But that would mean trying to pick two centre halfs out of four. And where do you then play Cadden without playing the suicidal flat 4 in midfield? Really need his running power or we risk not being able to get up the park.

In short, I don't have a clue what team I'd pick...

• Like 1

Fact is that with Osman fit for them, it kind of justifies Robinson picking his more physical midfielders and leaving the ball players like Tanner and Bigirimana on the bench. Not saying it's what I would do but can see the justification.

Hendrie gives us the option of a back four. But that would mean trying to pick two centre halfs out of four. And where do you then play Cadden without playing the suicidal flat 4 in midfield? Really need his running power or we risk not being able to get up the park.

In short, I don't have a clue what team I'd pick...

Partick have been playing 4-2-3-1 in recent weeks so don't see us going with 4 in midfield.

Can't see us straying far from our standard line up, although Hendrie gives you the option of matching up with a 4-2-3-1 but I think that is maybe something we would do later in the match, don't see us starting like that.

Partick have been playing 4-2-3-1 in recent weeks so don't see us going with 4 in midfield.

The traditional flat 4 across midfield is dead. With a few notable exceptions (Leicester season before last), it just concedes too much possession. Most teams play at least three in the middle of midfield.

Hence my reference to a 'suicidal' flat 4 across midfield...

Not great from either team, no real quality. Kipre has been immense, Campbell has been really good too and McHugh has played really well, defensively at least.

Nothing coming off for Tanner at all, and Cadden and Hendrie aren't getting forward enough to have any really impact. Quite a few times Campbell has broken with the ball, begging for a run down the right from Cadden and he's had to check back. Ciftci starting to come into it and Main's working hard but not coming off for him yet.

Main was very unlucky with a brilliant chip but the Partick goalie just got to it. Other than that, very little for either keeper to do.

Not great from either team, no real quality. Kipre has been immense, Campbell has been really good too and McHugh has played really well, defensively at least.

Nothing coming off for Tanner at all, and Cadden and Hendrie aren't getting forward enough to have any really impact. Quite a few times Campbell has broken with the ball, begging for a run down the right from Cadden and he's had to check back. Ciftci starting to come into it and Main's working hard but not coming off for him yet.

Main was very unlucky with a brilliant chip but the Partick goalie just got to it. Other than that, very little for either keeper to do.

Tanner set up our only two chances