Changes At Motherwell Ladies Fc

OfficialMFC

'Well fans,

You may have seen this morning's announcement about the Ladies team at Fir Park.

The headlines, if you missed it are:

• Eddie Wolecki Black (former Montrose, Glasgow City and Airdrie manager) has been appointed as the new manager at the senior Ladies team.
  • EWB's assistant at Glasgow City, Donald Jennow, has agreed to be one of two assistant manager's at the club (the second still to be appointed).
  • After a review of the structure around woman's football at Motherwell FC, there's been a change of governance whereby the senior Ladies team will come under the direct remit and responsibility of the club, whilst the Youth/Development pathway will continue with the MFC Community Trust.

You can read the full statement here: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2017/11/21/wolecki-black-joins-ladies-team/

You can watch MFC TV's first interview with EWB here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbJ0rM8fHak

We hope this will be an exciting new era in terms of the Woman's side of the club. We made a great start, stumbled a little, but are now firmly back on track.

#COYW

DPJnQNuXkAAcgb8.jpg

• Like 3

A new era. A new Governance for the Ladies team. I never stopped going to the Ladies game but stopped posting updates about the Ladies team due to the brick wall apparently placed by those in authority. I am back now.

This is a fantastic appointment of Eddie and Donald plus one other ?? They will have a major rebuilding job ahead. Arguably most of the best players have just retired. Most others are ready to move to other clubs due to the way they were left in the Lurch at the end of the season. It was down to Stacey Cook, Mandy Burns and others stepping up, taking the team and getting the other players to see the season out.

The vision to have Motherwell Ladies playing at the top level in Scottish Women's Football is back.

It appears to me Alan Burrows has listened to some of those in the know by making these changes. Well done. I am really looking forward to seeing how Eddie shapes things and getting a level of professionalism in to the Ladies team.

All opinions are my own.

• 8 months later...

This is going to be a great opportunity for the new Manager. Team are almost certain for promotion and appears EWB is happy to stay until promotion clinched.

Promotion in to the top league, together with new member club criteria ie Ground with minimum 200 covered seats, match programme and a few other things not yet done at the Ladies team, will require MFC to  sort these requirements out.

The way MFC want the Ladies team to progress means this will be a great opportunity and likely to attract some big names in and outside of the women game.

@ALR57