New Strip

something else

With a few of next seasons kits being announced at the moment, hopefully it won’t be too long until we see which Puma templates we have chosen for next season. I get the impression that the new sponsorship deal has held things up slightly. The one positive note is that the new Puma templates are looking not too bad. With the addition of a claret hoop it should make them even better!

Would love to see the template that Burnley have got for next season in our colours with a claret hoop.

Probably a wee bit much to ask but one of the round collared retro jobs (similar to Coventry and someone else I cant remember) would be top drawer.

Probably a wee bit much to ask but one of the round collared retro jobs (similar to Coventry and someone else I cant remember) would be top drawer.

Similar to our anniversary shirt that was a special one off design produced just for Coventry.

Our new home and away will certainly follow Puma templates. For the home it really just depends on which style will look better with the main bespoke part of our kit (the claret hoop/band).

The away I would imagine will be an exact Puma template copy with small sections highlighted in claret and amber.

We are too small a club to dictate how our designs will look and will always need to follow some sort of brand template. The only way around this would be to go down the Kilmarnock route, by designing and producing your own kits. With this system you can have what ever you want, you just need to find someone to make it. It's really depends whether you think brand recognition matters, if it does you need to follow the basic Puma, Nike, Adidas, Umbro or any other big kit manufacturers template.

Similar to our anniversary shirt that was a special one off design produced just for Coventry.

Our new home and away will certainly follow Puma templates. For the home it really just depends on which style will look better with the main bespoke part of our kit (the claret hoop/band).

The away I would imagine will be an exact Puma template copy with small sections highlighted in claret and amber.

We are too small a club to dictate how our designs will look and will always need to follow some sort of brand template. The only way around this would be to go down the Kilmarnock route, by designing and producing your own kits. With this system you can have what ever you want, you just need to find someone to make it. It's really depends whether you think brand recognition matters, if it does you need to follow the basic Puma, Nike, Adidas, Umbro or any other big kit manufacturers template.

Didn't know Lukas and co were getting a special design. Pity. I think PUMA have a templte with a round collar. Would be nice to have this for a change. Can see us getting something similar to what Dundee have as it seems to be quite a popular design. I see Hibs are claiming their 'Spurs template' is unique to them and the lines on the shirt represents their old slope at Easter Road. Aye, very good.

Always wondered how much Killie make from designing and producing their. Their home shirt for Season 2010-11 was onr of the best in the SPL (outside our own obviously!) but they haven't produced a half decent away kit in years. The last two, yellow and purple, were in fact two of the worst I have ever seen up here.

Didn't know Lukas and co were getting a special design.

Yes it’s a bespoke copy of their first 1962 Sky Blue kit. They even copied the slightly odd looking socks!

It’s made by Puma and supplied by Puma’s UK agents Genesis Sports who also handle all our kit supplies.

The kit is based on that strip that began the so-called Sky Blue Revolution, which ultimately saw Coventry City promoted to the top-flight for the first time in 1967.

The fact that the collar, cuff and sock detail have all been matched so closely to the original required a great deal of support from Puma and their UK agents, Genesis Sports, who have pulled out all the stops to create a truly bespoke kit for Coventry

1xx9up.jpg