orange county dosser

season ticket renewal   

119 members have voted

1. 1. will you or wont you ?

• I am a season ticket holder and will be renewing
    • I am a season ticket holder and will not be renewing
    • I am not a season ticket holder but will be buying one next season
    • I am not a season ticket holder and wont be buying one next season

have never had one, always picked my games, but then since the age of 10 ive never lived in the motherwell area. Even if i had money, i doubt id bother with a season ticket anyway, why should I when the product is so bad,tv games get fucked around so much + the spl can knock off home games as they see fit,devaluing my investment.

Here's a quick calculation for you...

East Stand season ticket = £270. 18 league games and one cup game.

Most non-season ticket holders got into the Falkirk game for free, so 270 divided by 18 works out at exactly £15 per match. If you paid into every other home game, (three against the Old Firm = £20 a time, the rest £18), then you paid £330, which works out at £18.33 per game.

Very rough figures, but the gist of it is that if you buy a season ticket and go to every game, you save £3.33 per game - pie money basically! In my opinion, it's not really worth shelling out the lump sum during the summer time to save a handful of smash each week. And that's before you even take into account how many games you might have to miss during the season! On this seasons prices, if you're a season ticket holder who has missed three or more home games, you've actually paid out more money than if you just turned up and paid.

Purely from a financial point of view, I don't think it's worth it. Having said that, if you go to every game without fail and have a spare few hundred quid knocking about in the summertime, you might as well go for it.

Edit - Futhermore, six of our eighteen home games (I think) have been live on TV, so if you give them a miss and go to the rest, you'll have saved £114 on gate money, and paid out £54 less than a season ticket holder over the course of the season and not missed a kick of the ball at Fir Park!

Here's a quick calculation for you...

East Stand season ticket = £270. 18 league games and one cup game.

Most non-season ticket holders got into the Falkirk game for free, so 270 divided by 18 works out at exactly £15 per match. If you paid into every other home game, (three against the Old Firm = £20 a time, the rest £18), then you paid £330, which works out at £18.33 per game.

Very rough figures, but the gist of it is that if you buy a season ticket and go to every game, you save £3.33 per game - pie money basically! In my opinion, it's not really worth shelling out the lump sum during the summer time to save a handful of smash each week. And that's before you even take into account how many games you might have to miss during the season! On this seasons prices, if you're a season ticket holder who has missed three or more home games, you've actually paid out more money than if you just turned up and paid.

Purely from a financial point of view, I don't think it's worth it. Having said that, if you go to every game without fail and have a spare few hundred quid knocking about in the summertime, you might as well go for it.

Edit - Futhermore, six of our eighteen home games (I think) have been live on TV, so if you give them a miss and go to the rest, you'll have saved £114 on gate money, and paid out £54 less than a season ticket holder over the course of the season and not missed a kick of the ball at Fir Park!

is there not some facility to pay a monthly dd? thats a lot of dough to shell out in one go, esp in the middle of holiday season

Even if i had money, i doubt id bother with a season ticket anyway, why should I when the product is so bad,tv games get fucked around so much + the spl can knock off home games as they see fit,devaluing my investment.

That's the whole catch-22 though about these things though, isn't it? They don't get the season ticket money in cos folks (rightly) stop buying and then we can't pay the players of the level we have right now, or can't afford to rip up the pitch again and the fare for the punter is further devalued etc etc etc.

Surprised I'm the only season ticket holder that has indicated they will not be renewing even at this early stage in voting

Quite simply it is not worth it

not sure about Frazzles arithmetic, but thats almost the basis on which I will not be renewing

either of my tickets ( Adult+Kid)

The amount of games that get moved about for scheduling that then means I cant get time off as a shift worker means, I can get nowhere near value for money from the season ticket books.

Sadly I reckon that means a chunk of my annual spend will go to opposition clubs if they are the games that happen on my time off, and it might even mean I miss even more games if I've not got £30-45 spare cash in my pocket on match day.

PS how anyone can say anything in the SPL is value for money baffles me, even if it is in relation to MFC's season ticket price

Go a season ticket again this season after giving up my last one 4 seasons ago.

Wont renew next season, mainly due to having to save for our wedding, but probably wouldn't have renewed anyway.

Missing the last 2 home games now because of the split and the ridiculous fixtures the SPL have given us. I've missed a 4/5 games already because of work or being on holiday, so if it wasn't for getting to book the Centenary free for our party then it wouldn't have been worth it this season.

but then you need to pay for the sports channels package, whats that? a tenner a month? so add £120 on to that.

I think if you drop your season ticket and decide to go "pay at the gate" then there is every chance that a saturday (or sunday / monday / whatever feckin day our game gets moved to) comes round and you think - nah can't be bothered. so you don't go. Its quite easy to get out of the "habit" of going, but if you have your ticket bought and paid for then you are more likely to go.

but then you need to pay for the sports channels package, whats that? a tenner a month? so add £120 on to that.

I think if you drop your season ticket and decide to go "pay at the gate" then there is every chance that a saturday (or sunday / monday / whatever feckin day our game gets moved to) comes round and you think - nah can't be bothered. so you don't go. Its quite easy to get out of the "habit" of going, but if you have your ticket bought and paid for then you are more likely to go.

I kinda agree with that, but thats why I think there should be more of an incentive by the club in regards to buying the season ticket.

i dont know whether it should be a bigger discount, or extra cup games included (provided we progress), or something else ?

i just feel that the INCENTIVE to buy a season ticket just isnt there anymore .... :huh:

Planning to renew.

I tend to miss one home game somewhere along the line each season but it wouldn't stop me getting the season ticket if I can afford it even if by missing a game or two it brings it closer to the point where there's not much difference in paying in.

I'm one of those suckers top of the Premier League or bottom of the Third I'll still be there so I might as well get my season ticket, getting the the seat I like, around some pretty decent folk and saving the hassle of trying to get tickets for any home Old Firm when the SPL feel kind enough to grant us one.

The amount of games that get moved about for scheduling that then means I cant get time off as a shift worker means, I can get nowhere near value for money from the season ticket books.

That's a fair point. One of the things I HATE about the modern game is that they aren't all at 3pm on a Saturday.

I can fully understand people who work shifts not buying season tickets, when you consider the amount of games NOT at the traditional time of 3pm on a Saturday.

That aside, if you are a Fir Park regular then it makes sense to get one. Also, why should we penalise the club financially, as they clearly need all the money they can get after being screwed by the SPL.

I'll be renewing for certain.