Welcome to Steelmen Online
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

thirdwell : (23 October 2017 - 03:48 AM)

I have spent the last hour reading some of the Rangers fans comments on the game. Each one of them said that the ref was a disgrace, that at least 3 Motherwell players should have been sent off and dozens of them claim to have heard the disgusting incident regarding Bowman breaking the nose!  In all my (almost) 50 years a 'Well fan I feel truly ashamed that the one and only great club in Scottish football is being victimised by the authorities (Rangers fans words not mine). I therefore urge that Motherwell, in fact all teams, that play Glasgow Rangers FC in future: do not tackle, do not jump for the ball, do not shot towards the Rangers goalmouth. If one of the opposition feels that a Ranger's player is a little tired or fatigued he should immediately notify the nearest official to have the game stopped so that said player may have a wee seat and a cuppa tea/coffee and a biscuit or two. This relaxation period is only relevant to players of RFC. If any other STEELMEN can think of any way that can improve Ranger chances of winning please feel free to add to the above list.   

Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 11:18 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): @kennyward__10 All fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience. Copyright claim due to T&S at the wild celebrations at f… https://t.co/GanL6tVVoB
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 11:00 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): HIGHLIGHTS | Rangers 0 - 2 Motherwell https://t.co/ezpR2zb9ln https://t.co/LDlFCecDeQ
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:08 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @SheaGordon11: Unbelievable result! Some buzz!!! @MotherwellFC 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:08 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @rossmaclean39: Yassssss!!! Come on the boys 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:07 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @louismoult: Some feeling that, thank you for your support 👏⚽️!! https://t.co/ZnWK3Mx7Ed
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 10:07 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @trevorcarson24: Our fans were incredible today. Thank you. What a team to be involved with. Roll on Wednesday!! https://t.co/gw7MTtm5al
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 07:07 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): THANK YOU | Your support today was absolutely magnificent. Everyone at the club appreciates it. See you at Hampden… https://t.co/MRkN38Stmp
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 07:04 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @allancampbell98: What a day! Fans were class🤙🏻🤙🏻 https://t.co/Wf01eFfiwr
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 06:44 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): GALLERY | Action images from this afternoon's game at Hampden https://t.co/qvQqJL8eEY https://t.co/UAKintTI47
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 06:42 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): REACTION | Stephen Robinson's thoughts after todays win over Rangers https://t.co/z8Y7mmYA6z https://t.co/X2dqlOsqme
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 06:39 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): REPORT | Motherwell secured their place in the @Betfred cup final with a 2-0 win over Rangers this afternoon… https://t.co/aHR5fWGvM6
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:59 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @eplummer_: Into the final!!What a win 100% deserved the boys were class. Fans made the atmosphere unbelievable! King Louis!! @louismoul
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @AlexFisher37: Some game to be involved in! Unreal shift from the chaps! @louismoult some boy you ⚽️⚽️. The fans were terrific throughou…
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @ryan_bowman12: What a feeling.. Support was unreal for the 90 minutes. Lads fully deserved it, final here we come. 👏🏽🔥⚽️
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @tait0289: Incredible from the boys massive effort today ⚽️💛 #MFC fans class as always 👌🏼
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @chrissycadds: Enjoyed that team, what a day 😝
Twitter : (22 October 2017 - 04:58 PM) Tweet(@MotherwellFC): RT @cecekipros: Ayyy we did it!! Boys were class so as the fans 💛👌🏾never underestimate the under dogs .
texanwellfan : (22 October 2017 - 03:51 PM)

glad to see us finally put them out of a cup

smiddy : (22 October 2017 - 03:45 PM)

no greetin but Sutton REALLY wants pedro pumped n mccoist has grudgingly conceded moult is better than there dumpling ,,,today hahaha

Photo

Scottish Premiership Game 9: Accies (A) Saturday 14/10/17

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

CoF

CoF

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

A hellish place to go a few years back however they're almost shite and we're almost good now. 

All ticket.

• Folkie and Swello like this
‎"I think I'm allergic to leather, every time I wake up with my shoes on my heid is fuckin loupin." - Hamish Imlach

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• SO Well Society Members
  • 4,857 posts

Any idea how many tickets we've shifted so far?  For once looking forward to it. 

Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

stuwell

stuwell

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,300 posts
Going to miss this one as I'm away but not to bothered as I hate giving money to them.

StipeIsGod

StipeIsGod

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,746 posts
Looking forward to this. Change of job means no more missed home/nearby games this season, starting here.

middleeastdave

middleeastdave

Attracting Interest from Abroad

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Looking forward to the game despite the big disappointment from last nights Scotland result.
What is Motherwell's record for playing games after a two week rest due to internationals, what I remember a bit mixed.

I take it the next international break in November stilll goes ahead, you would have thought that we could rearrange our midweek game against Dundee to the international break, or does Scotland going to play a friendly...god I hope not!!
  • Kmcalpin likes this

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• 4,857 posts

I doubt if this will be a classic; more of the blood,snotters and sweat type of clash. Certainly we're better equipped for a physical tussle and I expect that our off the ball play will have improved significantly.  We know what to expect from Accies - physicality, effort, determination and last but certainly not least "streetwiseness".  If we get sucked into a right physical brawl we'll need to avoid being too naive in order to escape red and yellow cards, as its cost us in the past.  On the experience of past games, Accies will know just how to play a weak or inconsistent referee.

Hopefully, guys like Cadden and Campbell will be fit after their foreign foray.  Our midfield should now be able to compete and battle Accies for 50/50 balls, winning them to feed our attacking players.

No doubt given the ongoing drought Accies will need to water parts of their pitch.        

Part of the problem is an unrealistic level of expectation. We see football from all parts of Europe on television daily and fans are expecting....the technical ability and flair they see from Spain's La Liga and the top end of the English Premiership. Thats just not possible. It seems fashion is over-riding common sense.

Mitch

Mitch

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,482 posts
Rumours that Ali Crawford is out for 6 weeks. Would be good news ahead of Saturday.

dmsd

dmsd

Pushing for the First XI

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Apart from the fact it's Thomson who is the ref 👊💦💦💦
www.dbcomputerservices.co.uk

underboyleheating

underboyleheating

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 9,494 posts

I don’t like the surface and I suspect most of the players don’t either as it can turn these games into a bit of a lottery. However, I am hopeful that we can sneak a win. 1-0 to the good guys.

Posted Image

"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said."

Shaka

Shaka

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,869 posts

I dont like the surface and I suspect most of the players dont either as it can turn these games into a bit of a lottery. However, I am hopeful that we can sneak a win. 1-0 to the good guys.

I love comments like this. Players in Iceland, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Sweden, Netherlands and more play on "plastic pitches" every week. Same pitches made by same people, so how is it only Scottish footballers have these perceived issues?

These pitches are tested every 4-6 months for run and bounce of ball. They play like a firm pitch, the only possible questionmark over them is how they impact players with regard impact injuries

Its "problems" like this that are the reason were still in the dark ages!
  • Jam 20 likes this

weeyin

weeyin

Motherwell Legend

• 13,160 posts
Have you seen the Accies pitch? It's worn, uneven and they don't take care of it. They don't even water it properly.

The ball bounces at waist height so it takes an extra touch to bring it under control.

It's not the fact it's plastic that's the biggest issue. It's the fact that it's a really really bad plastic pitch.

It's impossible to argue it doesn't change the flow and tempo of the game.

All the great teams play on grass. Fir Park shows what is possible. Or do you really want our home surface to be replaced by one of Accies quality?
  • ONeils40yarder, StAndrew7, underboyleheating and 2 others like this

underboyleheating

underboyleheating

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 9,494 posts

Have you seen the Accies pitch? It's worn, uneven and they don't take care of it. They don't even water it properly.

The ball bounces at waist height so it takes an extra touch to bring it under control.

It's not the fact it's plastic that's the biggest issue. It's the fact that it's a really really bad plastic pitch.

All the great teams play on grass. Fir Park shows what is possible. Or do you really want our home surface to be replaced by one of Accies quality?

This ^^^

Posted Image

"The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said."

superward

superward

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,019 posts
It's like carpet draped over Lego. Horrible.
  • Folkie and underboyleheating like this

Kmcalpin

Kmcalpin

Motherwell Legend

• 4,857 posts

I can't speak for plastic pitches elsewhere but Accies one is poor.  On our last visit there players from both sides found it difficult to control the ball, which very often took completely random bounces leaving players red faced.  I've yet to see a team play good football on that pitch. 

• underboyleheating likes this

ONeils40yarder

ONeils40yarder

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 2,837 posts

I love comments like this. Players in Iceland, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Russia, Sweden, Netherlands and more play on "plastic pitches" every week. Same pitches made by same people, so how is it only Scottish footballers have these perceived issues?

These pitches are tested every 4-6 months for run and bounce of ball. They play like a firm pitch, the only possible questionmark over them is how they impact players with regard impact injuries

Its "problems" like this that are the reason were still in the dark ages!

I love comments like this...

...the plastic park at Accies is fucking dire

• Busta Nut likes this
Hugo Sanchez, eat your heart out!!!!

Nicky Law is a knob!!!!!!! Fuck the co-efficient!!!!

Shaka

Shaka

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,869 posts

Ive seen it, tho not in person. However, if it is so worn and poor, how does it pass the tests to continue to be fit for purpose?

All Im saying is this Scottish mentality of "aw no the kiddy on pitch we cant play on" shows how poor and weak mentally we are. Dozens of clubs play league matches on 3G every week, the biggest clubs in the world train on it, the biggest Issue I see is that it magnifies and illustrates just how poor Scottish players ball control and passing abilities are

And for the record, I wouldnt change Fir Park's surface for ANYTHING else in world football, our pitch is magnificent

superward

superward

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 3,019 posts

Ive seen it, tho not in person. However, if it is so worn and poor, how does it pass the tests to continue to be fit for purpose?

All Im saying is this Scottish mentality of "aw no the kiddy on pitch we cant play on" shows how poor and weak mentally we are. Dozens of clubs play league matches on 3G every week, the biggest clubs in the world train on it, the biggest Issue I see is that it magnifies and illustrates just how poor Scottish players ball control and passing abilities are

And for the record, I wouldnt change Fir Park's surface for ANYTHING else in world football, our pitch is magnificent

My lego comment earlier is a bit of joke. But, Hamilton is a really poor surface - markedly worse than Kilmarnock's for example and I've watched both live plenty of times to form that opinion.

In general, I don't really mind if it is artificial or not, just get on with it. But it does affect the way the game is played. Just something else to deal with.  The argument of injuries and recovery time after playing on it is another thing though.

Shaka

Shaka

Motherwell Legend

• Legends
  • 1,869 posts

My lego comment earlier is a bit of joke. But, Hamilton is a really poor surface - markedly worse than Kilmarnock's for example and I've watched both live plenty of times to form that opinion.

In general, I don't really mind if it is artificial or not, just get on with it. But it does affect the way the game is played. Just something else to deal with.  The argument of injuries and recovery time after playing on it is another thing though.

Yeah the Injuries issue is a biggie

weeyin

weeyin

Motherwell Legend

• 13,160 posts
Accies pitch gets passed fit for use the same way as our old sandpit got passed fit for use. Plus, the authorities don't really care, and don't want to embarrass themselves by backtracking on the permission they gave to lay it.

When I was watching the play-offs at the end of last season, the plastic at Alloa looked 10 times better than Accies' pitch.

AlmostFrazzled

AlmostFrazzled

First Team Regular

• Legends
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

There's nothing wrong with artificial turf for football. It's the fact both Killie & Accies don't look after it properly meaning it's absolutely howling to watch. Some of the mental bounces the ball takes are laughable. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Allan Campbell running riot in midfield and Louis Moult continuing to absolute bury this diddy mob.

Their figure emerges from the wasteage
Eyes transfixed with a piercing gaze
One hand clutching a sword raised to the sky
They wonder how, they wonder why
The sky turns white it all becomes clear
They felt lifted from their fears
They shed tears in the light
After 6 dark years
Young bold soldiers, the fire burns
Cracks and smoulders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users