Motherwell V Celtic 19/04/14

Yabba's Turd

Well! Hello there Stuart! :whistling:

Unfortunately, it's reality. I would love nothing more than to see us skelp these cunts, but this Celtic team are a fine tuned machine when it comes to winning matches. They certainly aren't a modern day vintage in terms of entertainment like the Burns side was or had the star names of O'Neill's side, however they know how take 3 points from almost every match they play and how to shut out the opposing team in the process. They remain on course to break/equal some pretty impressive records.

Unfortunately, it's reality. I would love nothing more than to see us skelp these cunts, but this Celtic team are a fine tuned machine when it comes to winning matches. They certainly aren't a modern day vintage in terms of entertainment like the Burns side was or had the star names of O'Neill's side, however they know how take 3 points from almost every match they play and how to shut out the opposing team in the process. They remain on course to break/equal some pretty impressive records.

I hear you! I have decided to bury my head in the sand, ignore all negativity and reality for the next 5 games and just be positive and look forward to each game being confident of getting a result. Then I have all summer to recover if it ends up we don't qualify for europe.

First thing to look forward to though, is Aberdeen getting beat again on Friday night. That should help feed the self doubt and erode their confidence a bit more. once that starts happening McInnes wil lstart to tinker then they'll just go from bad to worse.

5-0 Celtic. We look ponderous when we try and defend, we tend to attempt some nonsense formation against them (far less of an issue at FP admittedly), Lasley, Carswell and Hammell out, Angol existing, and Celtic being pretty ruthless this season all suggest a pumping to me.

Still, if we manage an early goal, who knows. Sitting back sloppily and attempting to hold it may work.

Just want this game past with and onto the last 4.

Anything's a bonus from this game, hopefully we can nick a point and St Johnstone & Caley can both do the same. Gonna say 1-1, McManus with the goal.

And Sutton for us.

5-0 Celtic. We look ponderous when we try and defend, we tend to attempt some nonsense formation against them (far less of an issue at FP admittedly), Lasley, Carswell and Hammell out, Angol existing, and Celtic being pretty ruthless this season all suggest a pumping to me.

Still, if we manage an early goal, who knows. Sitting back sloppily and attempting to hold it may work.

Just want this game past with and onto the last 4.

Only Las is suspended. Hammy isnt suspendee unless you have heard he is injured? Carsy I assume is out but not heard 100%

Cannae see anything other than a resounding defeat here. Hopefully it won't be heavy one though. Still, the St Mirren and Killie results are going to have more of a bearing than this games.

Lasley out. Is Hammell out too? What about Faddy and Carswell?

Going to need a real shift from everyone if we're to even keep the score respectable.

Then there's Neilsen......

• Like 1

Only Las is suspended. Hammy isnt suspendee unless you have heard he is injured?

If previous posters' information is correct his suspension will be announced by the SFA tomorrow. If it isn't correct then I assume he's injured or will be fit.

If previous posters' information is correct his suspension will be announced by the SFA tomorrow. If it isn't correct then I assume he's injured or will be fit.

He has had 5 yellows the last of which was on 11th Jan so I can't see how he is suspended. Maybe injured though.

i wasn't at the ICT away game but i'm sure i heard the radio commentator saying that he an inverness player were booked in injury time for a bit of handbags near the corner flag.

those bookings weren't in any match report but it is likely at that point in a midweek game most reporters will be writing their copy rather than watching the game.

does anyone who was at the game know if he was booked or not?

i wasn't at the ICT away game but i'm sure i heard the radio commentator saying that he an inverness player were booked in injury time for a bit of handbags near the corner flag.

those bookings weren't in any match report but it is likely at that point in a midweek game most reporters will be writing their copy rather than watching the game.

Nothing on the official site and it does list Lasley as suspended for Celtic

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/players/suspensions/

I was at the game and I do remember there being a wee bit of pushing and shoving at the corner flag. Can't remember If the ref decided to produce cards or not.

Hope that clears it up

Sooner or later they are going to down tools to an extent.

I suspect it'll be more towards the end of the season but if we managed to get a lead then perhaps the motivation of one or two of their players might be tested.

A sneaky wee point would be splendid!