• Lionel Ainsworth
    • Josh Law
    • John Sutton
    • Keith Lasley
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Fraser Kerr
    • Lee Erwin
    • Null Vote

I'm mystified at Vigurs being selected as Man of the Match by one of the sponsors for tonight's match. Whilst I acknowledge his contribution to one of our goals, I thought his absolute disinterest in tracing back - same as in Fulham match - left Hammell with far too much to do throughout and that, overall, he tried to take on one player too many on too many occasions and failed to make unselfish passes when required. I remember thinking on a number of occasions in second half of last season that both he and Ainsworth were more effective when Faddy was playing.

Carswell also, could understand one of the sponsor awards going to Josh Law for his goals but he fell badly out of things after the second late kick on him in the first half. To give the second award to Vigurs, however, was baffling.

I went for Law but I thought Vigurs had a good game. He had obviously been given the remit to rake about and it was clear both him and Ainsworth were told to attack rather than track back - I even seen McCall tell him so in the first half ( I sit about 8 rows behind the dugout).

• Like 1

Carswell was solid throughout no doubt but went for Law for a marvellous first 30 minutes. Gave the midfield some balance in that period. Great early season promise. With some more games under his belt he looks like he could do very well for us.