Scottish Government Survey On Football

Kmcalpin

I picked up this link last night from Twitter. Its a Scottish Government survey being conducted by Stirling University to find out fans' experiences at football matches. I posted it on this club section, and not on the General football section, given the experiences of the Well Bois last season - probably especially relevant to us.

Questionnaire isn't worded particularly well but that's no reason not to give our views.

https://surveys.natcen.ac.uk/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=P1577_OBF

Well, the act is shite and is being used to target young football fans completely disproportionately.

That and I'm fucking sick of having cameras videoing me at the football, get to fuck.

So that's what I said, with fancier words.

Couldn't agree more with it being poorly worded!

Echo ThisGraeme's thoughts and mentioned as much - also highlighting that the act was brought in thanks to the bigot brothers and they seem to get away with a lot more (trashing stadiums, pro-IRA guff, etc, etc) while young laddies that follow lesser teams (ie us!) get man-handled by the police and stewards for simply trying to create a much needed spark of atmosphere into games!

• Like 1

Having just completed that survey the type of question I found myself answering the most frequent was the one about the act being in place to target offensive behaviour but being executed in a disproportionate manner and that is the best way I can describe the act and it's effect on the average football fan.

As I see it there are three parties to blame for this nonsensical legislation being in place. Neil Lennon, Celtic Football Club and the deranged bigots within the Rangers support who rose to Lennon and Celtic's bait during the 2010/11 season. That season saw Lennon and Celtic, from support to boardroom openly and actively fan the flames of the issue this country has by goading everyone from the SFA to the media, to every other club and to referees in a blatant attempt to create a siege mentality and naturally some halfwits rose to this and we had we end up with some absolute morons sending mail bombs etc. No defending or excusing that of course but I said at the time and I still maintain that Celtic and their support lapped all that up as it was the perfect opportunity to push their 'everyone's out to get us, we're offended by X, Y and Z' agenda. All whilst in the middle of all this having a prominent supporters group denouncing the rememberance poppy but that seems to get glossed over.

Result of all of the above is we now have 'The Offensive Behaviour Act' and we've got young boys simply out to create a bit of atmosphere at the football being huckled by police, banned from attending their own club's matches and the fun completely sucked out of football.

So, like I said, the 'Act' is meted out in a completely unfair and disproportionate way.