Ross County V Motherwell 13/09/14

Yabba's Turd

Worryingly, if we don't win this and Ross County gain the confidence, we could see ourselves sitting bottom of the league in two games!

Ross County play us then Aberdeen -Unlikely to win both games, but not impossible.

We obviously play Ross County then Celtic - should probably take 4 points, won't on account of our fitness problems.

St Midden play Kilmarnock then Partick, both away - 50/50 games.

But, I don't see this panning out at all, and who would? I see us winning in Dingwall 1-0. John Sutton.

There were signs of improvement on Saturday, and we created a few chances which, on another day may have gone in (thinking Sutton's header, or the tame efforts from Sutton/Ojamaa). If we can take advantage of the break to get players back to fitness (Hammell, Vigurs, Ojamaa the key ones for me), then I think we may just have enough to get past a County side who seem to be even more lacking in confidence than we are.

Not sure why, as we haven't shown anything to indicate it, but I fancy us to bounce back in some style in this one: 3-1 Well.

Hammell and Ramsden should bd back for this and according to some their absence is the main reason for the shambles we have witnessed so far.....

The players carrying knocks will have a couple of weeks to rest/heal and the rest of them I can only assume will be on triple training sessions a day in order to address the lack of fitness.

I'm hoping we might finally see a goal and a win. In fact, we really need a goal and a win. Anything less and, well, I really don't want to go there.

They're crap but are signing a couple of players. We're mega crap and dont usually do well there. Another defeat 2-1 <_>

It’s still early days, however, If we lose this one I worry it could start to have an effect on team morale. Bad runs also equal lower crowds, which have financial implications for an already cash strapped club. No need to press the panic button yet, however, it is worth remembering bigger clubs than us (eg. Hibernian) have shown how difficult it can be to stop a losing streak. Hopefully we can kick start our season soon, as the alternative doesn’t bare thinking about.

amp='1409574614' post='420508']

Hammell and Ramsden should bd back for this and according to some their absence is the main reason for the shambles we have witnessed so far.....[/i]

The players carrying knocks will have a couple of weeks to rest/heal and the rest of them I can only assume will be on triple training sessions a day in order to address the lack of fitness.

I'm hoping we might finally see a goal and a win. In fact, we really need a goal and a win. Anything less and, well, I really don't want to go there.

This is where my concern is - are we going to start creating chances and finishing them now they are likely to return? Nothing they showed in pre-season or the fated European ties would suggest this.

Given our run of fixtures this month, failing to pick up a result here could well see us cut adrift all too soon.

This is where my concern is - are we going to start creating chances and finishing them now they are likely to return? Nothing they showed in pre-season or the fated European ties would suggest this.

No, but we should be a bit more solid defensively, meaning the players in front of them can focus more on attacking than their defensive duties. I don't think anyone's claiming that either Ramsden or Hammell are the answer to all our problems, just that their absence is detrimental to the team as a whole.

We created some decent chances against St Johnstone (at least 4 stick out in my mind), more than we did pretty much all the other matches combined. If we can continue this improvement then we should be able to score against County.

Hammell and Ramsden should bd back for this and according to some their absence is the main reason for the shambles we have witnessed so far.....

Ramsden didn't exactly cover himself in glory on Saturday but overall it will be good to see us getting back to something approaching a strongest XI.

People keep going on about fitness and while it was a problem at the beginning of the season I think more recently we have lacked energy because there is a lack of confidence and players have their heads down.

We need to dictate the play instead of being dictated to, we need a lucky break to get our confidence up again and we need stop making basic errors, our passing has been woeful across the board so far.

Ramsden and Hammell will of course ease the problem a bit, but the whole team , especially the midfield, have to defend better and become a solid unit.

Goals will come as long as chances are being made. Maybe worth throwing D. Thomas on for last 30 mins just to give the team something different and cause County a bit of confusion. He might not do anything fantastic but he has got the ability to get the fans going with his direct running at defenders.

Ramsden and Hammell will of course ease the problem a bit, but the whole team , especially the midfield, have to defend better and become a solid unit.

Goals will come as long as chances are being made. Maybe worth throwing D. Thomas on for last 30 mins just to give the team something different and cause County a bit of confusion. He might not do anything fantastic but he has got the ability to get the fans going with his direct running at defenders.

Dom Thomas has been struggling to get on the bench recently.

For some reason, I think we'll get a result on Saturday if a couple of the injuries have cleared up.