• Josh Law
    • Keith Lasley
    • John Sutton
    • Lee Erwin
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Stuart Carswell
    • Henrik Ojamaa
    • Null Vote

Just getting time to post now. That's what comes of having a phone with no signal, a 170 mile drive home, passengers to drop off, and family desperate to do stuff with you when you've been away all day Saturday!

All worth if though :0)

I thought both teams were a bit nervy, but County definitely took control maybe 15-20 mins in. We looked very fragile and not too many players looked like they wanted the ball. Route 1 was pretty much the only outlet and rarely looked like it would achieve much. Lawson and Lasley looked very slow up against Gardyne, and the twice he skipped away from them, he was attacking our back 4 at pace, but fortunately we survived. I was keen to see half time and change something as we looked very disjointed.

However, for some reason (I didn't see anything obvious) we kind of got braver with 5-10 mins of first half to go. Players wanted the ball and started winning battles against their opposite number. We started to link up well and made progress with the ball on the deck. The 2nd half saw more of the same. Erwin linked well with Sutton and also found space on the flanks to give back 4 or midfield an out ball.

A couple of quality strikes in quick succession gave the team a huge lift, and I couldn't see a way back for County. I thought we were more likely to score than them, but they huffed and puffed and did enough down our right to pull one back and make the last 10 a bit more nervy.

I think we deserved the 3 points, if only just. Man of the match? I thought Reid had an excellent game out of position, and some of Vigurs play was magnificent, but energy, guts, tenacity from Erwin shaded it for me. He's still raw and can be a bit clumsy but there's definitely talent there and a great work ethic.