Sums Up This Season

Jacol

If it's not bad enough getting hammered in Inverness, two players that should have been playing in claret and amber this season were creating the headlines with their performance elsewhere in the SPL. Stuart McCall did a great deal for our club but I fear he will be remembered for letting Faddy leave (and failing last season to get the best out of his undeniable talents) and also not seeing what Clarkson could bring to the team( GOALS).

I can't understand why we keep hold of Dom Thomas, we are clearly not going to play him and doesn't seem like we are keen to loan him out (probably through fear he will see what it's like to play every week and request a transfer). Poor lad is having his career ripped from him before he is even given his chance.

• Like 1

A blind man could see what clarkson and mcfadden would've brought to Motherwell on and off the pitch but McCall had other ideas.

If we get relegated it will be McCalls legacy to motherwell rather than the previous high league finishes.

And this kinda pish is why I very rarely look on this forum any more...............

• Like 6

I can't understand why we keep hold of Dom Thomas, we are clearly not going to play him and doesn't seem like we are keen to loan him out (probably through fear he will see what it's like to play every week and request a transfer). Poor lad is having his career ripped from him before he is even given his chance.

:lol:

Career ripped from him? Settle yourself.

I wouldn't really say it was hindsight as such regarding McFadden and Clarkson as McCall would know first hand what they can bring to the team. I may have a bit of a an irrational blind spot when it comes to both players but I firmly believe if both players were wearing claret and Amber this season (as they both wanted to) then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Career ripped from him? Settle yourself.

Must be one of those Minority Report future crimes.

A few short months ago, this thread - and today's match thread - would have been ten pages long by now. The fact that so few can even be bothered to lament our position "Sums Up This Season" in itself.

• Like 1

we are struggling cause we never signed clarkson, Faddy and cause Dom Thomas isn't playing enough? Holy mother of fuck.

Clarksons playing in a Dundee team that is creating chances for fun. We aren't. McCall said at the time he never signed him cause he needed a bit of pace in team so signed ojamma instead as he is more capable of running beyond.. Just about everybody said at the time we needed pace and a clarkston Sutton combination would have have the boo boys out in force. I'm sure nearly all of us preferred henrik to Clarkson. I still do.

Faddy - don't get me started on him are people forgetting he was rank rotten here last year and by all accounts he has been much the same at St Johnstone.

Dom Thomas has suddenly turned in to Gareth bale? I think I would rather trust the people who see him train every day. I recall a similar love in with euan Murray last season. A euan Murray who was that out his debth at Clyde he got subbed off after 10minutes in his debut.

• Like 5

we are struggling cause we never signed clarkson, Faddy and cause Dom Thomas isn't playing enough? Holy mother of fuck.

Clarksons playing in a Dundee team that is creating chances for fun. We aren't. McCall said at the time he never signed him cause he needed a bit of pace in team so signed ojamma instead as he is more capable of running beyond.. Just about everybody said at the time we needed pace and a clarkston Sutton combination would have have the boo boys out in force. I'm sure nearly all of us preferred henrik to Clarkson. I still do.

Faddy - don't get me started on him are people forgetting he was rank rotten here last year and by all accounts he has been much the same at St Johnstone.

Dom Thomas has suddenly turned in to Gareth bale? I think I would rather trust the people who see him train every day. I recall a similar love in with euan Murray last season. A euan Murray who was that out his debth at Clyde he got subbed off after 10minutes in his debut.

Absolutely spot on.

Thomas played well against Fulham and has been performing for the u20s for a year and a half yet he hasn't made an appearance for the first team despite our struggles. Something not right there.

I don't recall Murray playing against Clyde. If he was here this season he would struggle to contribute less than Mcmanus, Hammell, Ramsden and Cummins.

I do wish we had Clarkson and McFadden in the squad as I reckon they could both contribute. Clarksons goalscoring form leaving that in very little doubt.

However if I'd been offered the choice of Ojamma or Clarkson in the summer I'd have taken Ojamma in a heartbeat given Clarkson had more than fair share of injuries and looked a bit less than fully fit.

McFadden looked a shadow of himself last season and whilst when played a bit more centrally and further forward improved he was hardly a stand out at any point and depending on wages you could make a case for keeping him here he was not making a cast iron case to be kept on.

I did find McCalls comments about the competition we had for forwards odd though given we only had one proven striker at the time and in McHugh, Erwin, Moore a mix of very raw talent one of whom we'll all pretty certain isn't good enough and the other injured for the first few months of the season.

Euan Murray signed for Clyde (yes the mighty Clyde) after his release from Motherwelll. I cant be arrsed trawling through previous threads but there were people calling for him to play more. He had a nightmare home debut for Clyde and i don't think hes been seen since in their team since. Yet many on here were convinced he was good enough for the first team at Motherwell. Deja vu re Thomas, Iv seen Thomas play once (probably no less then the majority on here) and I didnt think that much of him to be honest. But im sure plenty are happy for him to play at the expense of either Ainsworth or Vigurs because he gets glowing reports on twitter.

Sieb - I, like most of the rest of the fans, want to see young exciting players in the first team. But I just dont think any of them are good enough, even with us in our current predicament. Looking back over the last 5 years who from our youth team has went on to have a reasonably successful career either at Motherwell or elsewhere? Stuart Carswell, Shaun Hutchinson and Steven Lawless are the only ones that jump out at me without trawling through previous youth squads, and even then those 3 are open to interpretation as SH was signed when he dropped out Wallsend Boys Club and there is some debate that Lawless and Carswell have had successful careers. Edit Forgot Jamie Murphy.

I'm no fan of Leitch, and have heard murmurs of player unrest, but at least he has had the balls to sack a few youth coaches who he believes dont have the coaching credentials to improve the technical skills of the youths. Only time will tell if this proves to be successful.

Sieb - I, like most of the rest of the fans, want to see young exciting players in the first team. But I just dont think any of them are good enough, even with us in our current predicament. Looking back over the last 5 years who from our youth team has went on to have a reasonably successful career either at Motherwell or elsewhere? Stuart Carswell, Shaun Hutchinson and Steven Lawless are the only ones that jump out at me without trawling through previous youth squads, and even then those 3 are open to interpretation as SH was signed when he dropped out Wallsend Boys Club and there is some debate that Lawless and Carswell have had successful careers. Edit Forgot Jamie Murphy.

I'm no fan of Leitch, and have heard murmurs of player unrest, but at least he has had the balls to sack a few youth coaches who he believes dont have the coaching credentials to improve the technical skills of the youths. Only time will tell if this proves to be successful.

You say you've only seen Thomas once but you don't think he's good enough?

He may or may not go on to have a career at this level but surely it's straightforward enough that boys doing well in the u20s who are on the bench most weeks should get a run out at some point, especially when the first team players are doing so poorly?

• Like 2

I'm willing to give the players the benefit of the doubt and put at least some of our poor form down to events happening off the field having an unsettling effect.

I know it shouldn't and players managers in the past in similar situations have come out and said it doesn't affect them but I'm not convinced.

Then again maybe I'm just being over generous to our current squad.

You say you've only seen Thomas once but you don't think he's good enough?

He may or may not go on to have a career at this level but surely it's straightforward enough that boys doing well in the u20s who are on the bench most weeks should get a run out at some point, especially when the first team players are doing so poorly?

I think the quality of our youths is at its worse level in many years. How many times you seen him Stu? All I'm saying is I would rather trust the opinions of those who see them in training every day than those who see his reports on Twitter.