Mfc Podcast #7

Busta Nut

Those of you who haven't listened to this week's podcast, batter in. Those of you who have, will know that there'll be a Well Society podcast special on Thursday night featuring Society Chairman Brian McCafferty.

I've been really critical of the Society since I joined a few years ago (all justified I believe!) and one of my main gripes has been the complete lack of communication. So for Brian to agree to come on to the podcast in an attempt to reach out to the fans is a move that deserves appreciation.

So this is the 'Well fans chance to get as much information as possible with regards to the Society and where we go from here. Whether you're a member or not, we'll be looking to put as many questions as possible to Brian in an attempt to get the maximum benefit from his podcast appearance.

So if you have a Well Society question that you want put to Brian, then feel free to get in touch via our Facebook Group or Twitter, or even just post it below and we'll try and get through as many as possible...

So if you have a Well Society question that you want put to Brian, then feel free to get in touch via our Facebook Group or Twitter, or even just post it below and we'll try and get through as many as possible...

Two questions...

1) What are the Society doing to encourage non-members to sign up?

2) How does he feel about being overlooked for the jolly to Barbados?

I raised a question worthy of him answering in the Well Society or Not thread last night, would be obliged if you could ask him

I've clocked the post. We'll whittle it down to a question or two and see about firing them his way. Cheers.

If I buy a 20 guid a month DD thing does it carry on after I die (genuine question)

As far as I'm away, bank accounts and therefore direct debits are frozen on death. That means it wouldn't carry out and wouldn't be an issue for the Well Society either way.

Thanks for that again.

Yet again MFC radio well missed. No idea why that was binned.

Well soc question

If I buy a 20 guid a month DD thing does it carry on after I die (genuine question)

It would be like any other direct debit in that it would carry on being requested until your bank account is dealt with by whomever is looking after your estate. That would usually mean bank account stopped and all direct debits cancelled (with a reason code going back to the originator stating the reason for cancellation i.e. death).

Also, just to note, the £20 payment direct debits automatically cease after 15 payments (if you have used go cardless to join at steel level) or 35 payments ( if you have used go cardless to upgrade from steel to claret)