• Stephen Pearson
    • Scott McDonald
    • Lee Erwin
    • Marvin Johnson
    • Craig Moore
    • John Sutton
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Null Vote

A few candidates today...Law, McManus, Lasley, Erwin probably all had their best games of the season, while Long, Laing, Johnson all had their best matches since joining. Skippy was excellent and such a breathe of fresh air after watching Fast John plough a loan furrow up front all season.

For me though, Pearo was the difference, he gave such a good balance to the midfield, pressed and harried when not in possession and had that wee bit of quality and control on the ball. I actually thought he'd end up on the left but it was great to see him in the middle where he should be.

A lot of worthy performances today. Josh Law did well at right back. Pearson and Grant did well in midfield and both Erwin and MacDonald put a shift in up front. Voted for Skippy on the basis that his leadership and influence appeared to raise the level of everyone else in the team.

77 for me to he was giving it to every individual player just prior to ko, letting them all no what was reqd,then covered every blade of grass till his wee legs were fecked , then even when he was being subd,he was still encouraging the players around him , he was also into the ref about every descison and just generally showing he gave a feck ..... oh and bye the way it mustiv worked cause every one was a tryer today .and on a diff issue I said last week I wouldn't be back ,then heard the team at 2pm today and liked what I heard so I went

Most of the team played well today.

Lasley, who was 'done' last week remember, was terrific and put in a brilliant game saving tackle just at the end there. Erwin ran his socks off for the second week in a row although I wonder where the goals are going to come from with him but his attitude is great. Long made a huge save in the first half, if Inverness had scored then we would probably have been looking at another defeat.

However the two real stand outs were Pearson and McDonald. That's the difference two internationals, two Champions League level players can make in this league.

McDonald pips it as I felt Pearson tired a bit as the game went on but if we can keep these two fit and get Hammell back suddenly we look like a team again.

Nice to actually discuss candidates for a change. Law, Grant and Erwin were all very good, but for me, the two crucial players were Pearson and McDonald. McDonald pips it because of how he brought Erwin through the game, and the way he gave a number of folk some words of advice on his way off.

Quite a few candidates for a change, MacDonald made a huge difference up front, Pearson's presence in the middle of the park allowed Lasley to play like we know Lasley can play, Erwin ran himself into the ground and Law looks much better at right back than in midfield. I voted for Long however, when Law's header was short it looked like one mistake would cost us and that save was a momentum changer, if we had gone 1-0 down the second half could, and probably would, have been very different, it might even be the point where our season turns on, not just that one game.

I really want to like grant but a couple of superb crosses aside he hasn't impressed me in the last 2 games.

Isn't a wide midfielder to be fair.

Grant does impress me and was a standout at Dingwall. As you say though he's not a wide midfielder and we can't really judge him until he's played in the centre with someone outside him. Keith Lasley too was never a wide player and he looked far better when he was moved into the middle a few years ago.

A few candidates today...Law, McManus, Lasley, Erwin probably all had their best games of the season, while Long, Laing, Johnson all had their best matches since joining. Skippy was excellent and such a breathe of fresh air after watching Fast John plough a loan furrow up front all season.

For me though, Pearo was the difference, he gave such a good balance to the midfield, pressed and harried when not in possession and had that wee bit of quality and control on the ball. I actually thought he'd end up on the left but it was great to see him in the middle where he should be.

Agreed, the manager should get a lot of credit for this as no one saw it coming, and it very much worked. Grant, Pearo, Las and which ever one of the wingers looks best in training must now be our staring midfield.

Agreed, the manager should get a lot of credit for this as no one saw it coming, and it very much worked. Grant, Pearo, Las and which ever one of the wingers looks best in training must now be our staring midfield.

Agree in principle but the problem is that some wingers, like players in general, may look fantastic in training but don't translate that form to the pitch on matchday.

evilgrin.gif