Motherwell V Kilmarnock 07/03/15

Yabba's Turd

Absolutely Yabba - I thought the back four looked good today (Law's header back apart), and and played pretty much as a unit, and the midfield battled and worked their collective asses off - the two up front also breathed a new sense of life into attack.

Would expect to see the same team start next week, only issue being who to replace Ramsden - he does tend to get the red mist in a tackle, but I thought he played well today.

Whoever plays against Killie, today set the standard that has to be maintained to keep us up.

MON RA DOSSERS

For the third week in a row we play a team on an unbeaten run, although with Kilmarnock it's mainly been draws.

They certainly seem to have bucked up a bit since Allan Johnston left.

However, this is our game in hand over St. Mirren so we absolutely have to take something from it, and really we should be looking for a win and try and put a run of our own (of the positive kind) together because Ross County look like they are going to be putting some points on the board now.

We also have a few winnable matches coming up - Hamilton at Fir Park, Partick and a huge one against St. Mirren so we need to try and get some form going with these games looming on the horizon.

For the third week in a row we play a team on an unbeaten run, although with Kilmarnock it's mainly been draws.

They certainly seem to have bucked up a bit since Allan Johnston left.

However, this is our game in hand over St. Mirren so we absolutely have to take something from it, and really we should be looking for a win and try and put a run of our own (of the positive kind) together because Ross County look like they are going to be putting some points on the board now.

We also have a few winnable matches coming up - Hamilton at Fir Park, Partick and a huge one against St. Mirren so we need to try and get some form going with these games looming on the horizon.

I would agree with all that. Need to take something.

Hammell may be out for rest of season, groin injury flared up again. No confirmation, story told to me at game on Saturday from reliable source who was told at the AGM.

Vigurs and Lawson are out for season confirmed by themselves Vigurs has slipped disc and has operation on Tuesday. Need hammell back pronto so hopefully he's not out for season too

Hammell may be out for rest of season, groin injury flared up again. No confirmation, story told to me at game on Saturday from reliable source who was told at the AGM.

Thats bad news. For Hammell and the team.

Luke Watt it is then......

----------------- Long -----------------

Law -- Laing -- McManus -- XXX

XXX - Pearson -- Lasley - Grant

--------- McDonald - XXX ----------

Based on Saturday I think there's 8 guaranteed to start, I think Baraclough may tinker to keep players happy and for that reason I think Straker may get another chance to justify the manager bringing him in. If Watt gets the nod then its because Straker hasn't impressed at training and it may be he's already written him off. I'm sure Watt being 17 and right footed (all be it he's done well considering), will also factor.

Johnson will be up with Ainsworth for a start, Baraclough seemed to praise his attitude in post match interviews. Personally I think he recognises he does have talent and maybe being political in keeping him on side at least until the end of the season.

Sutton is a senior pro, I don't know if he'll opt for Erwin's energy and pace over Sutton's footballing brain from the first whistle.

Still feel a bit for Dom Thomas and Kerr. Don't really feel we've seen anything of what Nathan Thomas can bring to the team.