Under 20's Or Reserve League

McCusker

i have gone to the last few u20 games and i cant help but feel the old reserve league should be brought back as some of the players i have seen from all the teams are very poor.

its crazy that due to the under 20's rules that the likes of dan twaziak, sutton etc etc could be asked to come into our first team having had no game time other than training.

also its clear to see that dom thomas and even luke watt are too good for the u20's but maybe its a bit soon for the first team thus a reserve league would be ideal as they would be playing squad players from around the league.

why cant there be a development league and reserve league?????

interested to see others thoughts

its certainly not a complaint but even with a small squad like ours we would could still easily use more than ur 5 overage players so i dont think your argument stands up.

the point i am making is that it would be a more enjoyable watch and be beneficial to the squads in general.

the teams are now forced to play a load of youngsters who imo will not make it at the top level??? thus wasting money

you've changed your point a few times, and thrown some complete nonense in, like senior players will not get game time and a small squad!

in the most recent Development game Kerr, Moore, Thomas &Thomas from the previous senior games bench were playing

as well as 2 on way back from injury in Francis Angol and Leitch, played

given that Watt and McHugh also played it effectively is our reserve squad.

if you are wanting to fund another 13-15 senior players to run out in a reserve league for a few dozen or more supporters, your stuck in another century,

Good way of highlighting how bloated our senior squad is getting through the huge injury list however.

I'd imagine that squad size will be getting trimmed pretty soon

the overall point i am attempting to make is that why cant it simply be a reserve league as it WOULD without doubt be better for any squad as a whole if there were no constraints as to age.

any decent youngster that any team will have would be in that reserve team anyway plus without the constraint of age then sutton, dan, as well as any injured players on the road back with hammell, vigurs, lawson, ZFA etc could get a more competitive game than training plus it would bring on our prospects such as thomas and watt as they would be playing at a once again higher level against better players.

where in any statement have i mentioned we fund another 12-13 players to play in a reserve league????

our squad must be trimmed as there is too much money being wasted of that there is no doubt

This season is a slight exception due to the increase in squad size, in that we have a lot of over age fringe players, in previous seasons our fringe players would predominantly be under 20 anyway.

5 over age players is more than enough to give a couple of the subs, sub goaly and a couple coming back from injury some game time if they wanted to.

Quite often kids of famous footballers fail to live up to expectations, I'm thinking Paul Dalglish, Darren Ferguson, Jordi Cruyff, Scott Gemmill, Gavin Strachan for example. As long as he doesn't have a ginger mullet though.