Starting Now!

gaz7

Lets cut all the negativity now if anyone has anything negative to say for the next 11 days then can they please fck off to somewhere and whinge to their dog and can of kestrel as WGS would say. All Well fans know we have been shit all season but we have had an unbelievable run over the previous 7 seasons. We CAN beat either of these teams that we might play so lets all get a wee bit excited for what could be one of the most satisfying results ever! Lets dream 1000s of them literally crying down the fir park road. hahahahahaha.

• Like 5

I actually had a strange shift of thinking after last night's game.

All my thoughts up until that point had been fairly negative, even winning a relegation playoff has a negative edge to it. But as it seemed like it would be Rangers we are playing, all of a sudden my mind started coming from the point of view of:

"We are about to have what could be the best experience i've possibly ever had as a 'well fan"

In the space of a couple of hours i've actually gone from really down about the whole thing, to being incredibly excited!

My way of coping with the situation is to expect defeat and expect Championship football next season, i'm not going to get carried away and be thinking we'll beat Sevco, been there too often in the past and have hurt bad!! League cup final to name only one!!

However:

If we were to beat them......not that i expect it.....it will be without doubt one of my all time highlights watching Motherwell.....Up there with 1981/82 season, '91 Semi Final & Final and Dortmund away!!

Rangers look incredibly vulnerable out wide. What we need is Erwin up top on his own (or McDonald if his ban is over turned) with 3 midfielders packing the midfield allowing Marv and Ainsworth to have a go at them out wide. Set up like that at Ibrox, keep it tight at the back and I think we have a chance.

I fully expect to see Sutton and Erwin upfront together with Conor Grant wide right dragging us in to a dog fight which we'll inevitably lose.

We have the players to do with but we don't have the manager. Absolute pumping on the cards.

• Like 1

Rangers look incredibly vulnerable out wide. What we need is Erwin up top on his own (or McDonald if his ban is over turned) with 3 midfielders packing the midfield allowing Marv and Ainsworth to have a go at them out wide. Set up like that at Ibrox, keep it tight at the back and I think we have a chance.

I fully expect to see Sutton and Erwin upfront together with Conor Grant wide right dragging us in to a dog fight which we'll inevitably lose.

We have the players to do with but we don't have the manager. Absolute pumping on the cards.

Not sure we were watching the same game last night or last Sunday then because I thought 2 of their better players were Foster and Wallace both going forward and defending.

If we could defend then the best thing to do would be sit in, try and draw Rangers on to us and hit them on the break but our defence would likely let in 3 or 4 if we do that so we might as well just go for it.If Erwin and McDonald have a good day we're capable of scoring a couple and hopefully they'll waste the chances which are certain to come no matter how we play.

I think what Bop means is Rangers don't play with wide midfielders. The four across the middle were Law, Murdoch, Shiels and Vuckic. If we can stick three in the middle of the park, and try and get Ainsworth and Johnson going at Wallace and Foster, I'd be confident or doing some damage.

But aye, no doubt Conor Grant stuck out wide right and two up front not getting a sniff.

I think what Bop means is Rangers don't play with wide midfielders. The four across the middle were Law, Murdoch, Shiels and Vuckic. If we can stick three in the middle of the park, and try and get Ainsworth and Johnson going at Wallace and Foster, I'd be confident or doing some damage.

But aye, no doubt Conor Grant stuck out wide right and two up front not getting a sniff.

Pretty much what I was getting at. Foster and Wallace were both decent going forward and their middle is so narrow that if we manage to double up on them out with I think we can stretch them and leave space in behind. The amount of times last night Hibs had a slide rule pass on inside the full back and shat it to turn back inside was unreal. If we try and match them man for man in the middle of the park they'll run all over the top of us and we'll lose all shape letting Wallace rip the pish out of Josh Law. If we go with 4-4-2 and Grant out wide, the result is set in stone before a balls even been kicked.

If we go 4-4-2 and get pumped in the first leg which we probably would then IB should be out before the second leg.Everybody can see it coming so if he can't then there's clearly something wrong.It's a hard away game and we'll be the clear underdogs, the aim should be to stay in it and give ourselves a chance for the second game, 4-4-2 isn't going to cut it.

• Like 1

I think the prob with the 4-4-2 we play is the fact that Las & Pearo play side by side leaving a huge gap going forward and between defence/midfield.

I agree 100% with Bops tactics and I would be amazed if we play any other way that 4-5-1. Only difference Baraclough will prob do is shove big Lee out wide instead of Lionel.

I actually had a strange shift of thinking after last night's game.

All my thoughts up until that point had been fairly negative, even winning a relegation playoff has a negative edge to it. But as it seemed like it would be Rangers we are playing, all of a sudden my mind started coming from the point of view of:

"We are about to have what could be the best experience i've possibly ever had as a 'well fan"

In the space of a couple of hours i've actually gone from really down about the whole thing, to being incredibly excited!

Same for me.

The best part if the Rangers make the final is that we won't be in the same league as them next year no matter the outcome, this is a win/win situation.

©Jason Henderson 2015

It's win/win unless we lose, in which case it's definitely shite.