Coverage Of Our Games

Ianc

Getting really teed off with getting no coverage at all.

The other night we had one lot on TV and BBC radio Scotland.

Ditto the following night for the other lot.

We were told when Well radio shut we would get an alternative, well a 10 minute old tweet don't work thanks.

Its the modern world get with it give us back the old radio feed we had, I ll pay for it as I used to. Just tell us how much, cannot be difficult.

• Like 1

Given they have to negotiate the rights to broadcast audio or video of any SPFL games live, I suspect it probably is quite difficult, knowing the SPFL.

But yes, it's disappointing, especially as the MFC TV website is still live, and still teasing us with the promise of "video streaming of selected matches in 2012/13"... albeit only for folk outside the UK & Ireland (thanks to those rights holders again), which, I'm guessing, just wasn't a big enough number of 'Well fans to be financially viable.

On the other hand, can't say I really miss Mr Barnstaple screaming "c'mon referee!" in my ear every five minutes :whistling:

Getting really teed off with getting no coverage at all.

The other night we had one lot on TV and BBC radio Scotland.

Ditto the following night for the other lot.

The broadcast media have never been the least bit interested in what is happening at Motherwell FC, unless of course we are playing one of the Old Firm. That has been the case for as long as I can remember and it will never change for us, or indeed any other provincial club. I rarely watch football on the telly as I prefer to go to the games where possible. The only time I listen to the radio is for Off the Ball or the post match reactions from our manager. Technology is coming on leaps and bounds and it won’t be too long before fans are transmitting games home and away on a very basic level. This amateur live feed will have very limited effect on the big boys at Sky Sports or BT as they are providing a completely different service, for the diehard armchair fan.

• Like 1

The broadcast media have never been the least bit interested in what is happening at Motherwell FC, unless of course we are playing one of the Old Firm. That has been the case for as long as I can remember and it will never change for us, or indeed any other provincial club. I rarely watch football on the telly as I prefer to go to the games where possible. The only time I listen to the radio is for Off the Ball or the post match reactions from our manager.

With you 100% on this. I listen to football coverage on the radio on matchdays but thats about it. Hardly ever watch it on the box. Best way to source news on our club is through the net. The TV companies might make money from TV coverage but it doesn't come from me, apart from a miniscule amount from my licence fee.

• Like 2

Wow! Why are we not taking advantage of this?!

Partly because Twitter are getting quite good at shutting down streams of sporting events that somebody else owns the right to. But mainly because they haven't implemented landscape mode streaming yet, and watching fitba' in portrait mode would be horrendous :)

(The club actually did live stream a press conference or two on Periscope a while back.)

I'm sure BBC used to cover two games on radio plus open mics. Some weeks its open mics only. Not expecting TV coverage ever. Them being the exception.

BBC gave up on that due to cutbacks, unfortunately.

I'm with you on this - I was hoping we had an MFC TV (or radio) replacement in place sooner, but I can see how it might be financially unviable.

Hi guys, new member here.

I've noticed recently there have hardly been any updates regarding Motherwell on the BBC text commentary, I tend to check it out from time to time for an unbiased feel of the game as opposed to the official twitter feed. Think the first half of St Johnstone the game was mentioned three times, and one of those was the fact Strachan was in the crowd! It's happened in other games this season too by my reckoning

I dunno about anyone else, but my phone is practically useless inside Fir Park. Checking the scores is pretty much impossible. I'm with O2 though who are particularly crap around here!

In general terms, we do seem to have fallen off the radar a little, although the media now have Aberdeen, Hearts and what appears to be a half decent Rangers team to occupy them this season, so it's not a big surprise.

The upside to this is ofcourse that we were selected for just a single TV game in the opening batch meaning most of the games are 3pm Saturday kick-offs.

You compare that with some of the recent campaigns, where with Europe on the go and being selected for TV quite often there were considerably fewer of the traditional kick-off times.

Appreciate that does nothing for helping our exiles and far flung fans but it's a positive flip-side to being largely ignored by our media.