Fir Park Pitch Criticised On Bbc Website

Kmcalpin

Interesting article on the BBC Scotland website about artificial pitches. It says that our pitch has been criticised in recent years. Whilst that might be true although, not in the recent past, they could and should have used a better and more up to date example - Fir Hill for example. Our pitch is reckoned to be one of the best around just now. A bit unfair and lazy journalism I'd say.

They have found an available stock photo they already have and then captioned it more so than actually discussing it in the article. Still lazy though.

Knowing a couple of folk in the BBC who work on the web and sport (not who wrote this though) that's how it works. If there is a photo in the library already that fits then they use it. Bit crap but no agenda. Just lazy.

Hamilton Academical chairman Les Gray is adamant that "artificial pitches are here to stay", and he is calling for the same standards applied to synthetic surfaces to be introduced for grass parks, describing some as "mud heaps".

Better a mud heap than a shit heap, Mr Gray. You made your plastic bed, now lie in it.

They have found an available stock photo they already have and then captioned it more so than actually discussing it in the article. Still lazy though.

Knowing a couple of folk in the BBC who work on the web and sport (not who wrote this though) that's how it works. If there is a photo in the library already that fits then they use it. Bit crap but no agenda. Just lazy.

They've got a story up about the return of the casuals with a picture of the old firm cup final riot.

There weren't many casuals involved in that.

Chick "bluenose" Young was ranting on about the state of the pitch before the game on Saturday. Reckon he wasn't at Firhill last week then.

Of course it was Chico at his best as far as MFC goes. He will never forgive us for winning 6-1 in the playoff against his beloved St Mirren ( oops my mistake)

• Like 1

As an aside, does anyone else find the quote from Pat Nevin amusing? Not what you would expect from this self styled member of the football intelligentsia.

Still, I always thought he was a bit of a twat.

Haha. Noticed that as well. He sounds like a teenager sitting on a cooncil wall with a football in his hands, and they've just stuck a microphone in his face.

Until someone has a worse pitch than we had in 2009 and 2010 I don't think we can complain too much.

Thistle's was shit but not anywhere near ours back then.

How far back should we go? 3 years? Maybe 5 years? What about 20 years? Times have moved on so should the BBC.

• Like 2

Hamilton Academical chairman Les Gray is adamant that "artificial pitches are here to stay", and he is calling for the same standards applied to synthetic surfaces to be introduced for grass parks, describing some as "mud heaps".

Better a mud heap than a shit heap, Mr Gray. You made your plastic bed, now lie in it.

Scottish Football embarrasses itself on a regular basis whenever a match is beemed on TV to the nation from that stupid, wee ground and the sooner Accies fuck off back to their true level in any one of the lower leagues the better.

You can just imagine someone sitting tuning into Accies v Celtic in their home in America, Australia, England or wherever and going 'thats top-flight football in Scotland' just as the camera catches a corner of the double-decker bus behind the goal, or the squinty rockery, or the wee shed that they keep their tools in, or the wee 5-a-side park that runs alongside the pitch, just beyond their fucking gazebo. All-the-while, the commentary team are sitting up on top of a pretend castle thats used by the local nursery.

Thats all without mentioning their shite supports both home and away and their shite-quality plastic pitch.

I understand that they are a small club and that they need to use their facilities as much as possible to generate cash, but the look of it all is shoddy and amateur in the extreme and does nothing to attract sponsorship to the league I wouldnt have thought.

Chick "bluenose" Young was ranting on about the state of the pitch before the game on Saturday.

Our pitch? seriously?

There are one or two bare patches close to the East Stand but by fuck its a cracking surface considering the weather that has beaten down on it, and the improvements that have been made in the last 5 years. There are worse pitches in the top-flight...much worse.

That wee baldy bastard should have been banned from Fir Park years ago.

• Like 1

Our pitch? seriously?

There are one or two bare patches close to the East Stand but by fuck its a cracking surface considering the weather that has beaten down on it, and the improvements that have been made in the last 5 years. There are worse pitches in the top-flight...much worse.

That wee baldy bastard should have been banned from Fir Park years ago.

Should be banned from spouting his pish on TV and radio.

Scottish Football embarrasses itself on a regular basis whenever a match is beemed on TV to the nation from that stupid, wee ground and the sooner Accies fuck off back to their true level in any one of the lower leagues the better.

You can just imagine someone sitting tuning into Accies v Celtic in their home in America, Australia, England or wherever and going 'thats top-flight football in Scotland' just as the camera catches a corner of the double-decker bus behind the goal, or the squinty rockery, or the wee shed that they keep their tools in, or the wee 5-a-side park that runs alongside the pitch, just beyond their fucking gazebo. All-the-while, the commentary team are sitting up on top of a pretend castle thats used by the local nursery.

Thats all without mentioning their shite supports both home and away and their shite-quality plastic pitch.

I understand that they are a small club and that they need to use their facilities as much as possible to generate cash, but the look of it all is shoddy and amateur in the extreme and does nothing to attract sponsorship to the league I wouldnt have thought.

Who gives a fuck what the English, Australians or yanks think?

Hamilton are in the league on merit not to give people an opportunity to have a crowd wank.

I don't know if it would have avoided not having a sponsor in those years, but it sure as hell doesn't help when you're product is poor...and I'm not just talking about the stuff on the park.

TV companies and sponsors want to be associated with exciting products and an SPL match live from NDP ain't exciting for the neutral observer, other than in a 'point and stare' kind of way. Ross County and Fir Park, whilst not exactly salubrious, look like they are intended for football, while ICT have built one of these soulless out-of-town stadiums. NDP takes the fucking biscuit though...you're right though, they are where they are on merit, but the league itself would be better without them