Scotland Under 21S

grizzlyg

To be fair Gauld, Henderson, Slater, Nicholson and Macleod are all good players on at least a par with Cadden. Craig Storie, he plays a different position.

The only one I would question is Billy King but he's much more experienced than Cadden and is an established member of the squad.

Think with Scotland squads, whether full team or U21s, you judge the manager on the result not the squad he picks. Do I rate Sbragia? Nope but he's in charge for the meantime and thats that.

Scotland system is a joke full stop would rather play old firm reserves than established 1st team players

There's only three Old Firm players in the squad.

Liam Kelly is on loan at Livingston and is basically the only U21 eligible goalkeeper playing week in, week out in the league system.

Liam Henderson and Ryan Christie are at Celtic and both good young players.

Both good young players not playing much 1st team football never even looked at squad but surprised theirs only 3 old firm still think Cadden should be in there though

So you criticised the squad without even looking at it? Get a grip man.

Out of interest who would you take out to allow a spot for Cadden?

So you criticised the squad without even looking at it? Get a grip man.

Out of interest who would you take out to allow a spot for Cadden?

Exactly my thoughts - the likes of Gauld Henderson McGinn are all a good bit ahead of cadden. The only midfielder that he could have a chance of displacing would be Craig slater but he has come through all the national age groups successfully which normally works in your favour (and he's a decent player as well)

Exactly my thoughts - the likes of Gauld Henderson McGinn are all a good bit ahead of cadden. The only midfielder that he could have a chance of displacing would be Craig slater but he has come through all the national age groups successfully which normally works in your favour (and he's a decent player as well)

Aye Craig Slater was the only one I looked at and thought, aye there's an argument for Cadden there. I plead ignorance however as I've no idea how Slater's time in England has went. I would hope the Scotland scouts had a better idea than me.

McGhee's views on Cadden.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14706010.Mark_McGhee_speaks_out_after_Chris_Cadden_snubbed_for_Scotland_call_up_by_Ricky_Sbragia/

Important point towards the end of the article, given the form of our youth team I'm amazed we have nobody in the under 19 squad.

Digressing, I'd love the press to question McGhee on McCormack's omission. Given what McGhee did for McCormack's career, I struggle to believe he'd agree with Strachan.

McGhee's views on Cadden.

http://m.heraldscotland.com/sport/14706010.Mark_McGhee_speaks_out_after_Chris_Cadden_snubbed_for_Scotland_call_up_by_Ricky_Sbragia/

Important point towards the end of the article, given the form of our youth team I'm amazed we have nobody in the under 19 squad.

Digressing, I'd love the press to question McGhee on McCormack's omission. Given what McGhee did for McCormack's career, I struggle to believe he'd agree with Strachan.

McCormack's role has changed since McGhee was his manager. Back then he was a winger with electric pace. Now he's bulked out a bit, plays more as a central striker and probably doesn't have that level of speed off the mark.

Still don't think he's (or Rhodes) have been treated fairly though.

Although I commented on caddens omission without seeing full squad I'm sticking to my opinion and agree with Magee as we win the under 20s cup last season with a squad mostly under 19 and can't get 1 player in Scotland under 19 squad no wonder Scotland are so crap at all age levels as never pick best players

I'd have had him in the squad over Lewis MacLeod personally. No matter how much of a talent MacLeod is, he only played eight minutes between December 2014 and the start of this season. Cadden has played virtually ever game since January and played well.