Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Ross County Sat 29 Oct 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Ross County have scored 2 goals in 8 matches. We have conceded 2 goals in 4 of our last 5 matches. Fucked if I know what is going to happen.

We need to change the system and personnel though. Need something new, would bring in Brill for Samson, even though Samson didn't do much wrong tonight. It would give fans and perhaps the team a wee boost. McDonald has to start. Bowman drops out. Clay and Lasley can't play together. Clay to drop out. And we need to find a left sided midfielder from somewhere.

Oh and McManus needs a kick up the arse. He's supposed to help the young guy next to him, not scare the shit out of him and destroy his confidence by being a complete train wreck.

• Like 1

Would certainly agree that Brill should be given his chance and that MacDonald should regain his place. Midfield is a real problem though - Cadden must start but not in the middle. Best other option the the best of a very bad bunch, would be to play Ainsworth or Thomas on the left wing.

After another shite, monotonous week at work, we're supposed to look forward to relaxing or a bit of entertainment at the weekend...the thought of another 2 hour stint at Fir Park makes me want to stick my head in the oven...Roll on fucking Saturday.

For what its worth, I'm struggling to see what he can do to change it much, Brill wont be any worse than Samson so fuck it, give him a shot...it would be nuts to fire anymore youngsters in at a time like this, I'd keep McMillan at full-back and go with the same defence again, because our options there are extremely limited...I'd drop the geriatric altogether and stick Cadden in beside Clay, with Ainsworth and McLean wide and re-instate Skippy to play off Moult up front.

However, we still look completely exposed in the middle of the park with that line-up and the defence isnt going to sort itself out in the space of a couple of days...away win I reckon

Realistically the only changes we'll see are McDonald in for Bowman and, if fit, Hammell to come back in. I wouldn't have thought Lasley would have 2 full games in him in the space of 4 days.

Personally I'd have dropped Samson 6 weeks ago and I'd never have resigned McManus but the 2 of them are undroppable no matter what they do. I'd possibly try Lucas instead of Clay to see if it offers something different.

Must win, but on the evidence of last night we've no chance of that.

Brill in for Samson, Ainsworth in for MacLean Kennedy or Ferguson in for McManus.

Would love to drop Clay as he brings very little to the team, Lucas was anonymous when he came on against Hearts but he may offer more if starting. Lasley will struggle to play 2 matches in 3 days, so that would leave us light of options in midfield, I'm not sure whether Campbell or Turnbull are ready to start for the 1st team. Start Ainsworth and allow him to play either side in a more expansive role. Cadden to play opposite side of the midfield giving the balance to midfield.

I would start with McDonald and Moult but they need the right service and stop the constant long balls.

• Like 1

Play like we did last night and I cant see us taking anything from this game.

2-0 Ross County. The team leaves the field to loud boos from the 2900 crowd.

No chance of that many being left by the end. I'd guess the 90 Caley Thistle brought outnumbered Well fans by the final whistle last night. I was long gone.

My Caley supporting mates still cant believe Brill is here sitting on the bench. Their description is a big unit who commands his box, very good shot stopper but prone to chuck in a howler every few games. Surely he is what we need just now? Cause Samson is fuckin brutal

The two changes needed most are the two I think McGhee won't change and are Samson and McManus.

Samson is simply not good enough end of.

I have been a fan of McManus and always defended him but his performance on Wednesday is one of the worst defensive performances I've saw in a long time. I would rather have Laing back but Kennedy would do.

I am 100% sure McGhee won't drop either of them.

I think Ainsworth will start.

• Like 1

Worrying times and noises around the club.

We really need to make things a lot tighter (especially considering McManus won't be dropped).

Completely agree with others posting that we are not creating enough in the middle of the park.

I'd like to see us go with:

---------------------------Brill

Tait--------Heneghan--------McManus---------Hammell (if fit)

----------------------------Lasley-------

---Ainsworth---------------Cadden---------McLean

-----------------------------McDonald---

-----------------------------Moult

Where are Blythe and Kennedy?

Also making the decision to let Laing go out on loan look increasingly baffling?

That was howling the other night.

Samson out and Brill in

Bowman out and McDonald in

Ainsworth I think needs to play

Ditch the tactic of punting it long.

I don't want to see one of our strikers sitting deep.

Left midfield is a worry. MacLean gets another go but he didnt really impress upon the game enough and tended to come inside when I think we need more width.

McManus was shite but I don't see anyone else being any better unfortunately. So for now he stays.

To that end,

Brill

Tait Heneghan McManus McMillan

Lasley

Ainsworth Cadden MacLean

McDonald Moult

Edit: Similar to KMac and without even seeing the post!

Glad this has come around so quickly after the shambles that was Wednesday night. If you are unsure about coming along, get yourself along and support the team regardless of yours thoughts on the manager. I'm never going to be a Mark McGhee fan but I think we owe him at least another 2/3 games to turn things around. A convincing win on Saturday could make a massive difference to the outlook of things.

I've been saying for weeks we need to get Lionel Ainsworth in the starting eleven, clearly this system the manager has elected to pick doesn't suit him but the system itself isn't working so why not change it. McDonald also needs to return to the team. Forget the system, how about we get the BEST players we have on the park. Regardless of anyone's thoughts these two players are along with Moult our biggest goal threats so leaving them out should be pretty unthinkable.

My team would be

Brill

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

Cadden Lasley Clay Ainsworth

Mcdonald

Moult

• Like 1

Glad this has come around so quickly after the shambles that was Wednesday night. If you are unsure about coming along, get yourself along and support the team regardless of yours thoughts on the manager. I'm never going to be a Mark McGhee fan but I think we owe him at least another 2/3 games to turn things around. A convincing win on Saturday could make a massive difference to the outlook of things.

I've been saying for weeks we need to get Lionel Ainsworth in the starting eleven, clearly this system the manager has elected to pick doesn't suit him but the system itself isn't working so why not change it. McDonald also needs to return to the team. Forget the system, how about we get the BEST players we have on the park. Regardless of anyone's thoughts these two players are along with Moult our biggest goal threats so leaving them out should be pretty unthinkable.

My team would be

Brill

Tait Heneghan McManus Hammell

Cadden Lasley Clay Ainsworth

Mcdonald

Moult

Don't want to piss on your parade - but, it's featuring, erm, stalwarts like Hammell & Lasley that's seeing fans vote with their feet.

Brill in would be a welcome change, unfortunately, an ego that knows no bounds won't make that. Doesn't say much about the goalkeeping coach neither.

What does Samson need to do to get dropped? Particularly when our sub keeper isn't an inexperienced youngster, he's 30, with plenty of experience. Why sign a guy of his ilk if he isn't going to get a chance when the other keeper is honkin?

Ainsworth has to come in for me, purely for the chance he "may" create something and no one the other night looked as if that was a remote possibility. Also, Skippy must return as the ball does not stick up top without his hold up play, as is apparent every game he misses, thus putting us under so much pressure.

McManus is one I've been a big critic of in the past, but I thought he was having a reasonably good season until the penalty debacle at Celtic Park and his performance the other night. Would I drop him? Probably not. Don't fancy Ferguson or a half fit Kennedy alongside Heneghan, not that experienced himself. It seems a case of "better the devil you know" is keeping McManus in my Motherwell side, as it has for much of his time here.

Samson has been directly culpable for so many of the goals we've conceded this season. It is beyond a joke. Hollis and Neilsen didn't make that many mistakes between them! The longer he stays in goals the more lost our cause is, partially because of his ineptitude and partially because of McGhee's arrogance and ego which refuses to change it for the greater good.