Ins & Outs 2016/17 January Transfer Window Discussion

Lukemfc1

Just wanting to get everyone's views regarding the upcoming transfer window and what our activity should be? As well as this i guess it seems like a good point to cast judgement over the summer acquisitions. I'm hopeful there will be some activity but won't hold my breath.

Summer signings;

Out - Belic, Lucas & Blyth.

The jury is still out - Clay, Lucas, Bowman, McHugh & Brill

Good signings - Tait & Heneghan

Personally speaking I would get shot of Lucas, Belic & Blyth in January. Lucas played really well when he featured but has proven to be injury prone. I think McHugh will be a massive player for us, his performances before his injury make me think he could be the centre mid that we are all screaming for. Bowman has something to offer physically but still unsure whether he will have quality to play in this league.

In terms of the general squad;

Out - Thomas, Moore

In - Pearson, if he is available as some have mentioned, would really add legs to our midfield.

Wide player with a bit of flair

Creative midfielder that can chip in, all the central midfielders we have at the moment seem to be really samey.

Let's tap in to the loan market, maybe doing a bit more research than the panic loan for Belic..

As well as the above some of the younger guys breaking through could be like a new signing, see Cadden last season.

Hearing we're going back in for Tam Scobbie after missing out this time last year. Terms are all but agreed and should be finalised the first week in January.

With Hammell & Chalmers on the way out, he gives us competition in the left back area, as well as covering centre-half and midfield positions.

• Like 3

Hearing we're going back in for Tam Scobbie after missing out this time last year. Terms are all but agreed and should be finalised the first week in January.

With Hammell & Chalmers on the way out, he gives us competition in the left back area, as well as covering centre-half and midfield positions.

Get a life.

Well, it didn't take long for this thread to go downhill (unless I've been seriously whooshed by banter between friends).

I can see the shott term contract players mentioned leaving as we clear some wages from the club (although I'm not sure how we move on Blyth if he's still under contract) but, with crowds down, I really can't see many new faces coming in.

I would definatly like to see Bowman, Belic and Blyth shown the door. Louie Laing as well when he comes back from the loan spell. Id keep Lucas, hes shown enough in the county game alone that hes a decent player. I think if we bring moore back(if fit) then we have enough strikers with Mackin there as well. Pearson returning does not excite me one bit. We need another creative midfielder for sure. Been needing that for four seasons or so.

I can't see Lucas getting a new deal beyond January, unless he is willing to be paid washers or a 'pay as you play' deal. I'm sure he does have a lot to offer in a creative area of midfield, he just hasn't been able to keep himself fit for most of the last five years. Shame.

I'd like to see what Blyth and Mackin could offer but I can't see Kennedy, Laing, Chalmers or Ainsworth being here after this season, regardless of what the latter has been saying in the press yesterday.

If Rangers put us out the cup and we manage to get to mid table, then there will be a rebuilding job in the summer.

Hopefully McMillan, Ferguson, McLean, Campbell, Hastie and Turnbull will get a good amount of game time after Christmas.

Blyth and bowman are on contracts, so unless someone wanted to take them from us, they're going nowhere. Also, there's a chance moult gets sold, so we're going to need forwards.

Lucas and belic will go because their deals are up and it should free enough cash to bring someone in who is not injured.

Cant see McGhee getting rid of Blyth considering he signed him on a two year deal with the option of a third year so its safe to say he will be hanging around. I do reckon we may see the club flog Laing permanently in january and perhaps Craig Moore as well. Belic will definitely go back to West Ham, i've heard the reason he doesnt play is simply down the fact he's meant to be rank rotten.

Two different lines of thought here - what do you want to happen v what will realistically happen. For me...

What do I want to happen?

Out - Belic, Blyth, Laing, Chalmers, Lucas, Thomas (on loan)

In - A left sided attacking midfielder

See more of Campbell, Mackin, MacLean, Hastie on the pitch to fill some of the gaps left by the above when cover required for injuries and tiring players during the game.

What will realistically happen?

Out - Belic, Laing loan extended/freed,

In - Pearson, Lucas extended.

What will realistically happen?

Out - Belic, Laing loan extended/freed,

In - Pearson, Lucas extended.

Belic and Laing out is a good shout. Pearson coming back is a realistic shout but I think Lucas will be on his way.

In terms of what I would like to happen, which is a bit different, I'd like to see a wide left player also coming in, but thats down to budgets - the vacancy there is causing us problems. Lucas may be the best player in the world but if he's never fit he's no use to us. IF Pearo doesn't return we'll need another all round or creative midfielder. I'd also like to see youngsters like Alan Campbell, Dom Thomas and perhaps Dylan Mackin go out on loan. Not sure about Luke Watt's current status.