Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Kilmarnock Sat 10 Dec 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Must win for me.

Given up on Lucas ever featuring again.

If like to think that we'll take confidence and inspiration from how we played at the weekend and come flying out the traps.

But I fear it'll be a poor insipid performance with the usual mistakes and weaknesses being exposed and will result in an away win.

My comment was partly tongue in cheek but my feeling is that we seem to lose quite a few of these 'must win games' but we can provide surprises now and again.

It won't stop me going and cheering them on but I go to most games in hope rather than expectation - I guess I'm just a half empty kind of guy when it comes to the football!

At the start of the season, many neutrals expected Killie to be in for a tough campaign so they are slightly exceeding expectations.

Too early in season to say this is a must win but a defeat would pile the pressure on in advance of an intensive set of tricky fixtures. With that in mind, I expect us to come flying out the traps and hopefully the quality of Moult and McDonald proves too much for Killie to handle.

So no McGhee for dug out, does it make any difference do you think?

Are they allowed in the dressing room during half time? I thought I read recently that he is not allowed in the dressing room before, half time and so many minutes after the game, not sure if that is true or not

It might work in our favour having him sit in the stand!!

Are we better than Kilmarnock though?

We should be given the chaos there in the summer but the table doesn't lie and so far Lee Clark has done a far better job than McGhee. I honestly thought that Accies and Killie would end up on their own at the bottom but they have both performed above expectations. Killie have found a goal scorer and are very aggressive so we can't take them lightly.

We have been much better since Moult and McDonald started playing up front together but we still need to get the points on the board before we can start crowing about being better than anyone else. Right now we are up to our necks in a relegation battle with 6 other teams.

Are we better than Kilmarnock though?

We should be given the chaos there in the summer but the table doesn't lie and so far Lee Clark has done a far better job than McGhee. I honestly thought that Accies and Killie would end up on their own at the bottom but they have both performed above expectations. Killie have found a goal scorer and are very aggressive so we can't take them lightly.

We have been much better since Moult and McDonald started playing up front together but we still need to get the points on the board before we can start crowing about being better than anyone else. Right now we are up to our necks in a relegation battle with 6 other teams.

Killie are only 2 pts above us and we have a game in hand. Top 4 are well ahead of the rest, St J maybe a slight edge. But alll the teams 6th place down are much of a muchness. Evidenced by the fact it's only a 3 pt gap between 6th and 12th.

Tight game ahead I think but home advantage and confidence from Saturday will see us win I think.

By playing a game more. Great logic there.

Oh aye, i forgot you averaged 2 points a game eh? I could have sworn you've only got 15 points out your previous 15 games.

Be as well giving you your 3 points from the game in hand just now. You've won 4 out of 15 games so far so it's only logical that you are going to win your game in hand. Silly me.

Points on the board means more than potential points from games yet to play. We could take a shoeing off Aberdeen in our game in hand, or, naturally, we could go there and win (or draw). Killie have done a lot better so far than I expected at the start of the season, I thought they'd be adrift at the bottom, but finally Clark seems to have got the message across and got them performing a bit better.

I've not seen them this season, so I can't really comment who is the "better" side. I do know that we're capable of scoring goals and posing a real attacking threat, and if we approach the game in the right way, we're more than capable of winning. But, the nature of the league this season is that teams are all taking points off each other and no-one seems capable of putting a proper run together at the moment.

I'd take a scrappy 1-0 right now, but am hoping we've got a bit of a point to prove after last weekend, and can go out and win in a bit of style.

Basically as we stand at the moment from Killie in 6th to ICT in 12th IMO all the teams are just as good or bad as each other .They all seem to have a great result plus a shocker and a few draws thrown in so as we stand there is nothing between the 7 of them as only 3 points between all 7 but if a team goes on a bad run or a good run they will either be left behind or pull away .Saturday is a big day as 6 of they 7 are playing each other so come Saturday night let's just hope we have won and are looking down in a good few of them as it will all depends who turns up on the day .

Basically as we stand at the moment from Killie in 6th to ICT in 12th IMO all the teams are just as good or bad as each other .They all seem to have a great result plus a shocker and a few draws thrown in so as we stand there is nothing between the 7 of them as only 3 points between all 7 but if a team goes on a bad run or a good run they will either be left behind or pull away .Saturday is a big day as 6 of they 7 are playing each other so come Saturday night let's just hope we have won and are looking down in a good few of them as it will all depends who turns up on the day .

Agreed.

• Like 1