• Louis Moult
    • Scott McDonald
    • Elliott Frear
    • Ryan Bowman
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Jacob Blyth
    • Null Vote

Samson

Tiresome ironic booing and jeering him, what does that achieve ?

Makeshift defence in front of him, McHugh jumping under cross balls cost us, not Samson.

Moult grafted

Frear delivered a cross ball virtually every time he got the ball

Bowman looked the part, unlucky with his header.

McHugh man of the match for me (again)...quickly turning into my favourite player, or most consistent player and our most important player.

Yes, he made a couple of errors, but he seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time and had two relatively untried youngsters either side of him and a mute, flappy goalkeeper behind him.

The boy Frear had a smashing 1st half, before falling away in the 2nd, hopefully his fitness will improve with time, as the step-up is no doubt a huge one.

• Like 1

McHugh man of the match for me (again)...quickly turning into my favourite player, or most consistent player and our most important player.

Yes, he made a couple of errors, but he seems to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time and had two relatively untried youngsters either side of him and a mute, flappy goalkeeper behind him.

The boy Frear had a smashing 1st half, before falling away in the 2nd, hopefully his fitness will improve with time, as the step-up is no doubt a huge one.

Two errors = two goals via McHugh , nothing to do with the keeper

I think he's a very good midfielder, doing a passable job at the back.

Samson is a decent keeper, not a great one. But the stick he takes is unproductive at best. He's been better than most lately.

Are you blaming McHugh solely for both goals? If so, I reckon you should watch them back again. Ferguson was poor at both, Hammell was poor at both and Samson was standing on his line, not giving any help at all to the defence either by his presence or communication.

In my opinion, there was no one individual solely responsible for either goal, and Samson isn't even close to being a decent keeper

Blame shmame. Team game, and the whole team is responsible for the poor defending

And for not scoring enough goals. It's all well and good blaming the defence every week, but we need to be scoring more than 1, especially at home.

• Like 1

Are you blaming McHugh solely for both goals? If so, I reckon you should watch them back again. Ferguson was poor at both, Hammell was poor at both and Samson was standing on his line, not giving any help at all to the defence either by his presence or communication.

In my opinion, there was no one individual solely responsible for either goal, and Samson isn't even close to being a decent keeper

My point is, Samson gets dogs abuse most weeks. McHugh basically misjudged the cross for their winner and just took the pace off the ball which dropped for him to take his shot. His mistake

Samson wouldn't be my choice ideally but we don't have a sufficiently experienced backup. So give him a break

Simples...

McHugh basically misjudged the cross for their winner and just took the pace off the ball which dropped for him to take his shot

Except it was Ferguson who was in the middle and headed the ball to the Saints player. But again it's a sequence of errors leading to that point, involving most of the defence and some of the midfield.

Except it was Ferguson who was in the middle and headed the ball to the Saints player. But again it's a sequence of errors leading to that point, involving most of the defence and some of the midfield.

My mistake

Samson needs us to get off his back and encourage him though

Like it or not he's the guy who'll be in goals til the end of the season