Behind The Scenes

grizzlyg

Seems to plenty happening behind the scenes especially the commercial and marketing side......Ahhhhhhh if only things on the park were going as smoothly but hey ho here's hoping. Having read a lot of the posts since Saturday i feel we all just need to get behind the players. Yes there are ones that are obviously not popular but these guys aren't turning up to deliberately play poorly. Let's create a right good atmosphere in all the remaining games to give the team a boost...

COYW!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

New goalkeeping coach marlon Beresford

Has possibly come from a link to Robinson/Craigan as he was previously involved with the Northern Ireland Youth set up.

Edit - Just read on the official site that he played with Robinson. Clearly the link!

• 7 months later...

Noticed the saltire at the flagpole on the north end of the PO'D stand was in a rather sorry state this afternoon. Could it be replaced or removed?

Noticed that too ripped to bits.

On a side note what's happening with the scoreboard. Some say it's too expensive to repair. Totally in the dark on the costs of these things but surely not that massive a cost ?

Word was it needs replaced rather than repaired - which doesn't surprise me given its age.

'Flow mentioned during the summer they were looking at creative ways to get a new one (which I assumed was some kind of sponsorship arrangement) but obviously that hasn't happened.

Noticed that too ripped to bits.

On a side note what's happening with the scoreboard. Some say it's too expensive to repair. Totally in the dark on the costs of these things but surely not that massive a cost ?

Having operated it from its installation circa 1994 for 10 years or so I can confirm its gubbed. The technology behind it even then was third world nowadays it would be an antique!! Its replace or nowt as patching up not an option and i think we have better priorities...nice to hear folks miss it though!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Surely replacing it with a modern 'big screen' type thing, rather than a scoreboard wouldn't cost too much?

I say this with complete ignarance to costs, Technical aspect though, of course.

I think these ‘big screens’ cost ‘big bucks’. Just look at how much a biggish telly can cost and they are nowhere near the size required to be visible in a large football stadium. In order to help with running costs you would need to offer pre-match/interval advertising space and find companies willing to pay to be featured. Various companies sell and install them, here is just one of many.

I think these big screens cost big bucks. Just look at how much a biggish telly can cost and they are nowhere near the size required to be visible in a large football stadium. In order to help with running costs you would need to offer pre-match/interval advertising space and find companies willing to pay to be featured. Various companies sell and install them, here is just one of many.

150k and up doing a quick google search

Would be hard to just replace it with a big screen as it has to be similar in shape and size to whats there because of the boxes underneath.

Could probably do a video wall of sorts, without a scale, its hard to tell how big the existing score board actually is, but could imagine you could do something, maybe slightly deeper for £20,000.

Most modern solutions would come with a contract for content too, so would be an ongoing cost...

Its always handy to know how long there is to go in a match, but its not really the be all and end all.

I think it would work though as an additional advertising feature at the ground...also how good would a big TV screen playing some fitba footage have been last Sunday while we were sitting bevvying in the Cooper Stand?

Bring back the old blackboards with the match letters on them for the half time scores etc not much cost there, bit of plywood and a bag of chalk,

Also encourages more people to buy programmes so they can work out the secret half-time scores code:

A: nil - nil

B: one - nil

C: one - one

etc.

• Like 1