• Stephen Pearson
    • Louis Moult
    • Ryan Bowman
    • Scott McDonald
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Jacob Blyth
    • Zak Jules
    • Null Vote

Great goal by Cadden, needs to start hitting them like that more than once a season.

McDonald's assist for Campbell's goal was absolutely brilliant.

Samson's keep us in it 1st half and I actually think he's been one of our best performers since the winter break.

I'm giving my award to Allan Campbell though. Made a tackle in the first half that you just know Craig Clay would never have made that prevented a one on one with the keeper. Second half was terrific and got a goal as well.

Would be nice to see him lock down a place now. Great attitude. Others should take note.

Campbell was ropy until that half time tackle.

Moult set the tone, McDonald played well. Voted for Hammell cause no one else will but he had a good game and it was great to see how pissed off he was to be subbed for an utter haddy.

I thought Hammell did well today as well.

I'm giving my award to Allan Campbell though. Made a tackle in the first half that you just know Craig Clay would never have made that prevented a one on one with the keeper. Second half was terrific and got a goal as well.

Would be nice to see him lock down a place now. Great attitude. Others should take note.

Campbell was ropy until that half time tackle.

Yep. That tackle by Campbell in first half changed his game.

Apologies for digressing slightly from the MOTM award vote for today but that's exactly the kind of thing I felt Gordon needed last week.

They are different types of players of course but sometimes I think when youngsters are introduced into the team, particularly when there's a fair bit at stake, they need something to make them feel like the genuinely belong in the team.

Campbell got similarly beasted in within the opening minutes at NDP on his previous start at Hamilton and whilst it took him a little longer today he'll be all the more confident and assured in his own mind that he is deserving of his inclusion next time around.

It's was lovely he got a goal but it was heartening to see the doggedness with him. The effort put in to win headers against a guy clearly some way bigger in stature than him, the number of times his persistence paid off with getting a block in, a touch or tackle in when the odds looked against him was really encouraging. I really enjoyed watching his display today.

Campbell was poor in the first half with the exception of one very good tackle to prevent a dangerous counter attack - him and Pearson got played off the park and bullied by Ict's midfield three for the last 25mins of the first half (he was less poor than his sidekick admittedly) but had a very good second half.

If he can maintain the level of his second half performance in other games then he can be an asset no doubt. Robinson has shown he is willing to pitch some youngsters if they show the correct attitudes and desires

I voted for MacDonald in the end but only after quite a bit of internal debate, I nearly voted for Samson as, other than one weak punch in the first half and his poor positioning for the second goal, he did little wrong and produced two or three vital saves.

Campbell had a pretty decent game but had a few dodgy moments, especially in the first half, but on balance did a lot more right than he did wrong.

Honorable mentions for Cadden, Frear, Moult and Ainsworth.

East side linesman had a blinder. :ph34r:

Remember when Moult scored his peach of a lob against Celtic and everyone on here banged on about the Celtic keeper's poor positioning?

Aye, Samson made a mistake, but that was only after poor defending let the boy in for his shot.