Motherwell Vs Accies Match Thread 19/02/11

gdalli10

Any win will do me, but there are so due a pumping from us, and doing it tomorrow would be very sweet.

Team wise I just wonder if SMC will make a couple of changes to freshen it up. Hammell is fit again and Hump will be desperate to start. That said we played well on Tuesday, but for a change its a nice selection headache we have.

We should win, and I reckon Foprbes is due a goal given his efforts recently. A first Fir Park goal for 'La Renard' too!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancy 1-0 Well with big Sutton with a first half goal!

Ross Forbes to start the game on fire, misplace one pass to howls of derision from the East Stand fury spitters and head tO go down from there.

Hope SMC keeps the same team as Tuesday as Accies need to be broken down bye a bit of craft and guile. Think we can match them physically in midfield with a three man diamond and let Jeffers and Murphy provide the pace!

If we have any kind of aspirations of making the top six we really should be winning games against the likes of Hamilton, so I'll go for a comfortable 2-0 win, with Jeffers hopefully getting on the scoresheet again.

If he can nab a goal in this game or the following against St Mirren he could kick start a wee bit of a run for himself.

6-0 Motherwell. There's yer dinner. Jeffers, Murphy, Hutch & Forbes hat-trick(twa free kicks and a pen). Reid to get sent off complaining about Imrie being sent off. Cerny sent off for the Forbes pen that makes it 3-0

sounds magic and the lottery numbers will be ? :lol:

Need the first goal in the first fifteen minutes and we'll do them. They'll never score twice, so get one, stay solid for an hour before a half hour cameo from the Hump running away from them for two late goals.

a few decisions to make at the back.

hutchinson has been to blame for a few goals recently and has had a good few lucky escapes since he came into the team.

I didn't think you were allowed to say that on here. Did you not know Craigan's at fault for everything?

6-1 Motherwell. There's yer dinner. Jeffers, Murphy, Hutch & Forbes hat-trick(twa free kicks and a pen). Reid to get sent off complaining about Imrie being sent off. Cerny sent off for the Forbes pen that makes it 3-0.

Craggs Scoring an Own Goal from somewhere like 30 yards

Fixed it for ye :lol:

In all seriousness, as good as that would be, I suspect we'll walk it 3-1. Sutton with two and Hammell Free Kick!.

Playing the same XI as the Aberdeen game we'll take the lead after 12 minutes when Forbes pings a bad clearance from a corner (which he took) off the bar, and then Sutton taps in from the resulting scramble.

We will then miss multiple chances, but after a scare from an Accies corner which is cleared off the line (and their protestations that a hand was used) Murphy breaks up the park and scores just before half time.

I don't know what happens in the second half, sorry.

"They see themselves as the bigger club in Lanarkshire too, but we have acquitted ourselves fairly well in both games"

Billy Reid, BBC Website

Firstly, only Stevie Wonder may question if Accies were a bigger club, maybe its the fan base, years in the top flight, wage bill, turnover, ground capacity, 11 european football ties or average attendance that gives us that status you muppet.

If you mean stifiling, negative, durge tactics by "acquitted" then you're a fud.

Jennings and Craigan injured? :lol: . Accies will see this as the last chance saloon and they already think the whole world's against them...Well the SFA anyway :lol: for the midweek debacle at Tannadice. We're due a win against them mind you dont think it'll be on saturday though 1-1. :lol:

Jennings and Craigan injured? :lol: . Accies will see this as the last chance saloon and they already think the whole world's against them...Well the SFA anyway :lol: for the midweek debacle at Tannadice. We're due a win against them mind you dont think it'll be on saturday though 1-1. :lol:

This true?

Where'd you hear this?

motherwell 3 - 0 Hamilton

jeffers x 2

murphy

at, 5100

Would take that!

On the point of the attendance though, one or two on the Accies forum were doing a bit of rabble rousing to encourage more to travel quoting their previous supports....

Since we came up, our away support at FP has been 975, 712, 866, 575 and 464. Not including the few that go in the main stand. The first one was the midweek league cup win.

I'm sure on at least two of those occasions (League Cup tie) and one of the league games there were prices cut or family promotions on the go too.

As for the game. Maybe they are just paying it lip service but there does appear a determination to take this derby game a bit more like a derby game than previous games, and an acknowledgement that there are wrongs to be righted.

The formation and subsequent display at Pittodrie caught me quite off guard and at a stroke, on Tuesday's evidence at least, has opened up a whole new range of tactical possibilities for us and for other teams to concern themselves with.

Probably say it before every Accies game but play anything like we can and we should have enough to get the points.

Jones, Saunders and others may be injured but Stephen Craigan will be available if he's fit. The SFA have confirmed that he's suspended for one game starting on the 26th of February. Lets hope Billy Reid is confused but I suspect he knows a lot more about our likely line up tomorrow than we do.

Gutted that work strangles the fuck out of my Saturdays so will be missing this one :lol:

So I hope as much of you as possible get to Fir Park and roar us on to a good victory over this shower. We are long overdue to skelp them, any win will do don't get me wrong but 4-0 or 5-0 wouldn't go a miss :wallbash:

But I think 3-0 with Jeffers and Murphy scoring, thay can fight it out for the other one :lol: