Motherwell Vs Accies Match Thread 19/02/11

gdalli10

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The penalty? My initial reaction at the game seems to have bene confirmed by the TV highlights. Canning wrestled John Sutton to the ground. Quite clearly physical contact and Billy Reid should retract his comments. Did John Sutton go down easily? Yes, but it was still a penalty.

Thought at the time it was a penalty, and having seen it on the highlights, soft as it may have been, Cannaeplay had his hands all over him, which has to have been impeding him.

If he'd stayed on his feet, off balance or otherwise, the ref would've completely ignored the wrestling.

Some go against you, this time the decision went for us :doh:

Next week, there will officials desperate to keep the Unwashed happy, so we'll take the decisions when they're going.

MON RA DOSSERS

One hand holding Suttons arm and the other on his shoulder as he tried to turn & shoot.

Penalty in my book.

Ref booked Lasley and then allowed Accies away with similar 1 minute later. Skelton got away with kicking lumps out of Jamie and was only booked when the crowd reacted angrily.

I seem to remember that at the beginning of the season FIFA gave a directive that refs had to clamp down on holding etc. in the penalty box,especially at corners ,free kicks etc.

I think in the first few weeks there were a number of penaltiesgiven for shirt tugging.

Maybe the ref was just following the directive.

Apart from the first 10 minutes we controlled the game and thoroughly deserved the win. That said 1-0 is a very precarious lead to attempt to defend and there were a few nervy minutes towards the end. Accies were absolutely atrocious and made no attempt to win the game. The late, high and clumsy tackles should've been clamped down on and we could've seen them forced into altering their tactics.

Was hilarious to see their timewasting start after about 10 minutes and then the speed at which they upped it to as the game wore on!

No, there would just have to be not enough contact to make him lose his balance and fall over.

I think from the replays then that contact is sufficient, I don't agree with that assessment by the way but referees rarely give the decision unless a player makes the most of it. Making the most of it and diving are two completely separate issues. Sutton made the most of an obvious foul to ensure the decision was made, if he dived I would be the first to slaughter him for cheating but that is not the case.

Dive, it was a stonewaller hands all over him clearly tugging him. Even if it was only enough to impede him rather than haul him to the deck it still makes it an absolute stick on penatly!

You don't need to have played at any sort of a level to find out just how much even a small tug can be the difference between losing momentum and keeping going to get the ball so if Sutton could have stayed on his feet and chose to play up the extent of it fair play to him because if he doesn't and we don't get the pen they get away with cheating.

Did I miss Billy Reid's apology for his accusation that John Sutton conned the referee? TV replays clearly showed Canning was all over Sutton like a rash, contact was clearly made and it was definitely a penalty. Did Sutton make the most of it? Yes, but are you telling me an Accies player wouldn't have done the same thing?

For Reid to question Sutton's integrity is bang out of order, but he guy is an arsewipe of the highest order, I hope Accies are relegated, down the divisions in quick fashion or go out of business - I don't mind which - and I hope Reid secures the job he so richly deserves, cleaning the toilets in Hamilton Central station.

He can fuck right off.

Did I miss Billy Reid's apology for his accusation that John Sutton conned the referee? TV replays clearly showed Canning was all over Sutton like a rash, contact was clearly made and it was definitely a penalty. Did Sutton make the most of it? Yes, but are you telling me an Accies player wouldn't have done the same thing?

For Reid to question Sutton's integrity is bang out of order, but he guy is an arsewipe of the highest order, I hope Accies are relegated, down the divisions in quick fashion or go out of business - I don't mind which - and I hope Reid secures the job he so richly deserves, cleaning the toilets in Hamilton Central station.

He can fuck right off.

His first job being to install some?

It was a foul. He stopped him moving towards the ball. I really think its deflection from another shocker of a loss to remove some pressure from his players. And to be honest all managers spout shit for similar reasons so I don't really care enough to give him the time of day.

For Reid to question Sutton's integrity is bang out of order...

Spot on. Its one thing to say that it wasn't a penalty but its quite another to publicly accuse someone of cheating. At best, Cannings arms were right round John Sutton and you don't do that if you're playing by the rules.

He can fuck right off.

Do you no mean Hamilton West Station...it is nearer New Douglas Park.

Listening to their chairman on the way down to the game on Saturday as well - he is c**t of similar magnetude to Reid.

He is publicly supporting the 10 team SPL. For the good of the game?? Nah! For the good of the Accies.

He sees Accies as top dogs in that second tier and with the added resources and a TV deal (which sounds as if its in the bag) - they'll be made - in La WanStepUpFraeTheJuniors Liga. he was talking as if the Accies were already there.

Hold tight lads we've only another few weeks to suffer these scurrilous anti fitba saddle sniffin cock sockets!