Ross Forbes

DEWELL

According to teletext Steve Jennings misses tommorow's game so surely Forbes will be in again as apparently he did ok at Pittodrie. Frankly this boy's been a big dissapointment for me after looking like he was going to be a cracking player. Is his fitness levels better now, has he got the correct mental attitude now? To me he's looked like a wee lost boy most times i've seen him i sincerely hope he has a stormer tommorow but do any of you honestly think he will? :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll take his chance and then get to fuck to another club

and why shouldnt' he when folk have got him written off again before even seeing him.

He'll never have the speed of Humprey or the stamina of Murphy, but he has talents that neither of them have, he is still young and relatively inexperienced, he will blow hot and cold and he'll need coaching staff to protect him from the knuckle draggers at Fir Park

we either stick with the likes of him of draft in clogger journeymen at the end of their careers to fill in the gaps

'Mon the Ross Forbes

Would fucking love it if he got back to his form under Gannon, I remember in the pub before the St Johnstone match first day of the season everyone was creaming over him then he rattled in one of the goals of the season....after that we all thought he'd be tremendous for us. Didn't quite work that way but he certainly has the talent in there somewhere and I'm hoping it comes back starting tomorrow

Mon the Forbes

He'll take his chance and then get to fuck to another club

and why shouldnt' he when folk have got him written off again before even seeing him.

He'll never have the speed of Humprey or the stamina of Murphy, but he has talents that neither of them have, he is still young and relatively inexperienced, he will blow hot and cold and he'll need coaching staff to protect him from the knuckle draggers at Fir Park

we either stick with the likes of him of draft in clogger journeymen at the end of their careers to fill in the gaps

'Mon the Ross Forbes

+1

" pace and fitness have never been his strong points "

The only 2 things you need to be a footballer .....

To be fair I would add 'natural ability' to that list......and the lad does have that. If he continues to impress like he did at Aberdeen he won't be out the team for a while.

" pace and fitness have never been his strong points "

The only 2 things you need to be a footballer .....

Ok, but Humphrey has both and still gets slated. Shivute had both in abundance, along with all these "no end product types" I think you need more than those two things tbh. Fitness can be worked on, pace is overrated, but you either have talent or you don't.

Have to agree you dont need to be Usain Bolt on a park as longs as you're able to pass-shoot- tackle and win you're fair share of headers. Im not jumping on Forbes back im only wondering if he'll make it or end up at Ross County. At first i thought wow what a player but now im not so sure. It's up to him. :wallbash:

I dont really know what to make of Forbes. Obviously footballing wise a very talented player, but coinfidence and fitness arent the best. When his coinfidence so does his game entirely, I dont think he is unfit because he doesnt put the work in aswell, I think he is naturally just like that.

What you say about conidence is as close to the truth as it comes IMO. Last season He was one of the best in Scotland until he started to miss his pens and lose his slot in the team. Obviously a big confidence blow which went and took his player with it. Once his confidence comes back, he'll be at his best.

You've gotta love the fat sweaty wife beating knuckle dragging fuckwits that follow the well.

Great post by Brazilian which sums it all up perfectly.

The thread should be 'Ross Forbes - will he be given a chance?'

A young football player who is judged by c***s that smell of sweat, pie grease and pish and need to stand over a mirror to see their own boaby

For 90 minutes today _ for a change _ how about - SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Keep the faith in Forbes - doubters should take a look at Charlie Adams career progression. The truth is the SPL mentality doesn't have patience for midfielders whose game is based on their passing range because they tend to require an extra few moments to assess the options and end up looking a bit lazy or off the pace when they get closed down. You get more credit for the easy pass, or the head down run into the defence. But these guys are one of the most precious commodities in football when correctly developed/positioned/protected. We easily played our best football in a generation in McGhee's first season, but there is still a tendancy to big up Clarkson and Porter's contribution rather than the vastly more influential Steph Hughes.

In a couple of games under JG Forbes showed phenomenal passing ability that won't have gone anywhere. IMO he remains the highest potential young player of Flamurtari pumping generation, though he clearly has a confidence issue that more direct players like Murph and Slane don’t suffer from.

I think he can take his chance, also think that if McCall has decided against persisting with Brown’s extreme reliance on pace from wide areas to create chances we could see some decent football from a midfield with all three of Jennings, Lasley, Forbes.

:huh:

Forbes is a brilliant player when he is allowed to sit and dictate the game with his passes- his bad run of form started with a missed penalty at NDP in the 2-2 game, here's hoping a good performance today keeps his run of form and improvement going because he could be a key player for us.

Never been one for getting on his back but a few weeks ago at Tannadice he was atrocious.Saying that so was the rest of the team.Lets hope he can shoot down his critics in the East stand today and get back to being the player he can be ie St Johnstone away. Think he'll be right up for it today .Go on my son :huh: