Ross Forbes

DEWELL

Forbes is a brilliant player when he is allowed to sit and dictate the game with his passes- his bad run of form started with a missed penalty at NDP in the 2-2 game, here's hoping a good performance today keeps his run of form and improvement going because he could be a key player for us.
Agreed.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've gotta love the fat sweaty wife beating knuckle dragging fuckwits that follow the well.

Great post by Brazilian which sums it all up perfectly.

The thread should be 'Ross Forbes - will he be given a chance?'

A young football player who is judged by c***s that smell of sweat, pie grease and pish and need to stand over a mirror to see their own boaby

For 90 minutes today _ for a change _ how about - SHUT THE FUCK UP!

See if it is that bad where you sit, does anyone not have a wee word with these guys.I'm willing to bet they wont be so belligerent if challenged,and thats not a dig just me personally i think i would struggle to hold my tongue in that kind of situation.

Keep the faith in Forbes - doubters should take a look at Charlie Adams career progression. The truth is the SPL mentality doesn't have patience for midfielders whose game is based on their passing range because they tend to require an extra few moments to assess the options and end up looking a bit lazy or off the pace when they get closed down. You get more credit for the easy pass, or the head down run into the defence. But these guys are one of the most precious commodities in football when correctly developed/positioned/protected. We easily played our best football in a generation in McGhee's first season, but there is still a tendancy to big up Clarkson and Porter's contribution rather than the vastly more influential Steph Hughes.

:lol:

Charlie Adam..... hahahahah... you pure dead said that Ross Forbes is like Charlie Adam man.... ha ha ha. :lol:

Only joking mate, I used that analogy a few weeks ago when comparing Forbes and Adams, with there physicality and football ability and was completely shot down in flames.

Everyone knows I'm one of the main members of the RFESD, (Ross Forbes East Stand Defenders) and yes I do sit near to Stevie D and have to listen to the complete shite that is spouted from people who clearly do not have the slightest incling of a football brain in there heads.

The boy has natural ability and for months I have said that played in a role that suits him he could be very instrumental in our play. Wha is it Holloway calls Adam, his choirmaster.

Why do we think that Humphrey and Murphy has fell out the picture recently, all due respect to Lasley and Jennings neither of the two of them are the type that can play a through ball into space for Murphy and Humphrey to run onto the ball and create, the emphasis has been on both of them to take the ball deep from Jenno and Lasley and take it forward creating chances.

If we play Jenno, Lasley and Forbes, you can then let Jenno and Lasey win the ball and play it to Forbes who will at least have the ability to unpick defenses with a through ball to our forward players.

Think back last year, how many times at the start of the season did Jim O'Brien profit from a pass over the top of the full backs from Forbes, he then went through either one on ones with defenders, winning free kicks, penalties, crosses etc. The 3-0 Killie game at FP being the main example.

We need to give the guy a chance in his natural position. Which I hope we are about to do. Ping one into the top corner today son from 25 yards and shut them up.

"If he is allowed to sit and dictate play then he is a great player" - aye so would we all be. :lol:

Seriously though,he's not a bad player but you'd go a long way to expect him to be a superstar(Like some folk seem to) so see what happens and let it be,the manager will notice before anyone else if he has a better option - something i think most fans of most teams forget. Plenty time to be a superstar yet but the SPL can be a yukky yukky place to hone skill.

Ahem he was PANTS today glad he got took off cos we improved once he did. Just my opinion mind you and no i've NEVER shouted at him as i do hope one day he'll be a decent player. There seems to be a wee mix up with some people on these boards that when someone questions a player's ability they get shot down in flames . I HOPE HE DOES BECOME A GREAT PLAYER FOR US ONE DAY!!! Still not happening at the moment and he's a first div player as far as im concerned me being a fat knuckle dragging so and so... :lol:

He was not pants, not brilliant either, but did a job.

Got to agree with Orinoco, the guy put in a good shift. He's still a young guy learning his trade but I do believe that he will become the guy we seen at the start of last season.

Great to see him getting a good round of applause when he was subed.

Charlie Adam..... hahahahah... you pure dead said that Ross Forbes is like Charlie Adam man.... ha ha ha. :lol:

Only joking mate, I used that analogy a few weeks ago when comparing Forbes and Adams, with there physicality and football ability and was completely shot down in flames.

Everyone knows I'm one of the main members of the RFESD, (Ross Forbes East Stand Defenders) and yes I do sit near to Stevie D and have to listen to the complete shite that is spouted from people who clearly do not have the slightest incling of a football brain in there heads.

The boy has natural ability and for months I have said that played in a role that suits him he could be very instrumental in our play. Wha is it Holloway calls Adam, his choirmaster.

Why do we think that Humphrey and Murphy has fell out the picture recently, all due respect to Lasley and Jennings neither of the two of them are the type that can play a through ball into space for Murphy and Humphrey to run onto the ball and create, the emphasis has been on both of them to take the ball deep from Jenno and Lasley and take it forward creating chances.

If we play Jenno, Lasley and Forbes, you can then let Jenno and Lasey win the ball and play it to Forbes who will at least have the ability to unpick defenses with a through ball to our forward players.

Think back last year, how many times at the start of the season did Jim O'Brien profit from a pass over the top of the full backs from Forbes, he then went through either one on ones with defenders, winning free kicks, penalties, crosses etc. The 3-0 Killie game at FP being the main example.

We need to give the guy a chance in his natural position. Which I hope we are about to do. Ping one into the top corner today son from 25 yards and shut them up.

Not sure I agree with that, they are both jack of all trade type hard workers but Lasley at the least I have watched play many an intelligent through ball. Granted he not exactly Pirloesque or even have range of passing that Adam has and Forbes may have but despite his housewife favourite tag is still often underrated imo.

Got to agree with Orinoco, the guy put in a good shift. He's still a young guy learning his trade but I do believe that he will become the guy we seen at the start of last season.

Great to see him getting a good round of applause when he was subed.

I agree when you say he is young and still learning, but with his age, its hard to learn quickness really...

He must be the slowest player I have ever seen playing football. With him on the ball, a Counter attack is def NOT on, unless he passes!

He needs to learn to pass the ball quickly and precisely to have a chance...

Not the type of game a ball player can flourish in and on a park that doesn't allow a passing game to be played, so he did well today as did Murphy and Jennings. His ball retention was good and always used it well. Did the job that had to be done, nothing spectacular though did nothing wrong and unlucky with his free kick. Tbh, my MOTM was a toss up between Hutch and Jenno.

Not seeing the games live i have no opinion on Forbes. But have to laugh at the folk on here. He's been called everything from pish to the worst player ever then he plays one good game & all of a sudden he's the second coming. FFS people make your mind up. :D

ach they dae that wi' aw the 'Well players Ian...oh aye and the odd manager, the ceo, the chairman and some fans :lol::lol:

The post quoted above is why this is my favourite thread.

I made It clear I'm not his biggest fan,

Hoping he can persuede me otherwise,

I still think comparisons to other players are a mile oot but if he is half as good as folk on here believe then magic, that'll do me!

Lasley is how old now? Jennings and hately are a good couple of players yet both (I think I'm right in saying) are right footed. Even if they are not Forbes has now got /getting some experience and has a great left peg.

Who needs a fast counter attacker win the ball give it to forbes pass to murph or humphrey jobs a good one.

He is the future of the well. We are not going to go out and spend money on players so lets get behind the guy and encourage like feck.

All things being equal and with a fair contract extension I can see us getting a million plus for this lad.

All things being equal and with a fair contract extension I can see us getting a million plus for this lad.

surely a wind up!

he was excellent up at aberdeen and decent on saturday. however i don't see this diamond midfield lasting too long as other teams will adapt and try to stretch us with wingers, i've got a feeling we'll see it on wednesday then it'll be put away for a wee while. not sure where forbes will fit in after that.

surely a wind up!

he was excellent up at aberdeen and decent on saturday. however i don't see this diamond midfield lasting too long as other teams will adapt and try to stretch us with wingers, i've got a feeling we'll see it on wednesday then it'll be put away for a wee while. not sure where forbes will fit in after that.

Remember we were found out about that in Mcghee's first season.

Destroyed teams with a 4-3-3, flat three centre mids, were on about a five in a row win streak, then Falkirk, who were probably bottom or there abouts, gave us a three nil doing, and it was all about them using wingers and gave us nae chance!

telling ye, need to drop this flat diamond formation, st mirren will be fine, but a smart team like aberdeen or celtic with pacey wingers could and will easily exploit us!

If you set your formation to be strong in one area, it will naturally weaken another. Did Hamilton and Aberdeen not have 4-man midfield's against us? Playing wingers is all well and good, but it won't make much of a difference if they're shite.

We're going to struggle regardless of the formation against Celtic, a lot will depend on whether we approach the game looking to have a go or whether it's damage limitation.

aberdeen seemed a bit suprised by our formation. you can still see the weakness at their goal however, hateley has to push out because their is no midfield cover and hutchinson is left exposed.

billy reid was at that match and obviously decided rather than try and counter with width he'd block up the middle of the field and man mark murphy.

you've got to imagine that inverness, killie and dundee united will attempt to use their wingers against if we play that way. for the celtic game we should be lined up as we were in the semi.