Motherwell Vs St Mirren Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope I am not tempting fate, but St Mirren were woeful against Hibs today. Was hoping for a 0-0 after 85 mins, but Hibs probably edged it. Their defending at the Hibs goal was abysmal.

They always make life difficult for us and they will be starting to panic a little. That said if we do not take 3 points against this mob, we probably do not deserve a top 6 place.

There I have gone and jinxed us :blink:

whether St Mirren are awful or not, like Hamilton before, we've struggled against them. First goal is again the key. We need to win, but whether i expct us to get it, i dont know. When did predicting a motherwell performance and result suddenly become easier? Expect the unexpected perhaps should be our moto.

Expecting another hard fought affair like yesterdays , with the 'Well running out winners 2-0 this time .

The Midden will use similar tactics to Accies because they are equally gash and aren't capable of anything else , so anyone expecting any fancy free flowing fitba will be sadly disappointed .

3 points are the main thing to keep some momentum going so we hopefully make a game of it wi the Smellic next weekend .

I also fancy a 2-0 home win.

Hopefully St Midden won't try and man mark Jamie Murphy like Accies did with Skelton, giving him a free role to cause havoc. Can't see Saints stifling football like Accies maybe game will be slightly mote expansive.

Murphy and Jeffers with the goals. Forbes has had three free kicks well saved in the past 3 games, maybe due one to nestle!

On a good run of form, confidence is high, cant see further than a good win.

Team changes, prob not but would like to see Humps back in from the start, has done well after coming on last two games.

Jeffers needs another goal and that will stand him in good stead for the Cup match next week.

Motherwell 3 Nil.

Have we scored with Humphrey on the park in this 'run of form'? 2 wins out of whatever and a 6 goal thrashing is not good 'form', we've been fortunate to bounce back against a team we had every reason to be up for beating and team with only 14 points. I'll take the points, but I struggle to see this FORM paleface.

Always dread games against St Mirren as they are rarely as straight foward as the league table would suggest they should be. As Diggle says, we'll have to be more clinical if we're to win. Have given up trying to predict the scores in Motherwell games, but a defeat really would not be good.

Have we scored with Humphrey on the park in this 'run of form'? 2 wins out of whatever and a 6 goal thrashing is not good 'form', we've been fortunate to bounce back against a team we had every reason to be up for beating and team with only 14 points. I'll take the points, but I struggle to see this FORM paleface.

True...... but six points from six is FORM in my book.

Humps should of had at least 4 assists in the last two matches... but we missed out on those occasions.

Murphy was in the thick of it again moments later as he rose to meet Chris Humphrey's cross and head the ball wide.

Humphrey, who had earlier replaced Jeffers, was causing Hamilton problems with his pace and, after a lung-bursting run down the right, the winger cut into the box only to blaze his shot over.

Higdon always bullied Craggs and Reynolds - but hopefully Hutch will keep him in check. He is certainly good at putting himself about.

as for the above poster - you say that we have come into a bit of form but you also say you want Humps back in the team - I dont understand this, the last two games we have changed formation - a formation that DOES NOT suit Humps or Jones. Playing a midfield 3 - you cant play wingers.

I think or Im hopeful that we will win, but we wont make it easy for ourselves. We need to get 3 points to keep ahead of those around us

St Mirren were woeful yesterday so they shouldn't cause us too many problems going forward, apart from Higdon's physical presence that has caused us problems in the past.

We weren't great on Saturday and we'll need to take our chances to beat St Mirren. Don't see there being many goals in this one. Boring game, 1-0 Motherwell.

Murphy was in the thick of it again moments later as he rose to meet Chris Humphrey's cross and head the ball wide.

Humphrey, who had earlier replaced Jeffers, was causing Hamilton problems with his pace and, after a lung-bursting run down the right, the winger cut into the box only to blaze his shot over.

Yaay, I'd really missed the weekly Humphrey propaganda machine in action...... :nod:

In all seriousness I don't think it's such a bad thing for him and the team to be on the bench just now. Humph's clearly a good option in our armoury but in the last couple of months it hasn't quite happened for him.

Whether that's because he's been jaded (it has been his longest spell in the team as a regular starter since he arrived), lost form in keeping with the rest of the team, or been found out by opponents - or a combination of all of the above.

I'd be quite happy for him to recharge his batteries a bit and offer us the option he did on Saturday of driving at team in the latter stages of a game when they are feeling the pace.

I see no need to change the team on Wednesday, except for any injuries. We might even be able to strengthen with Saunders and Jones possibly fit enough for the bench.

Its usually tight when we play St Midden, they are like Accies in that they make it awkward for their oppoents and are big and strong. However they are able to pass it and are unlikely to resort to off the ball fouling like the pointless wee team from across the River Clyde!

If we play to our strengths we'll win, with 2-0 looking like a sensible prediction.