Motherwell Vs St Mirren Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trick for this game is to attack McAusland at every opportunity because he's fucking rubbish. My main belief with us is we are not clinical enough to have easy wins against anyone. I'd guess we'll have most of the game, make heavy weather of it and if we're lucky win 1 or 2 nil, if we are indifferent draw 0-0 and if unlucky they'll hit us the counter and beat us 1-0. But aye go for McAusland - work out the team that attacks him most and do it.

Higdon always bullied Craggs and Reynolds - but hopefully Hutch will keep him in check. He is certainly good at putting himself about.

Higdon is a big doubt for them for the game. I feel if we play with any purpose whatsoever this'll be three points in the bag early doors. They were complete and utter mince at the week-end and have been for quite some time.

I caught Danny Lennon being interviewed after the match on Saturday and he sounded very frustrated and said something like "I've tried everything with these players and they haven't responded". It immediately stuck out as the sort of thing a manager probably shouldn't say publicly and doesn't exactly suggest high morale and a happy camp. Wee bit of tension behind the scenes? Have the players stopped playing for him?

9 points out of 9 for us would be huge for us if we want to finish Top 6 and if we keep up our recent performances (excluding Ibrox) I'm hopeful we can get the win, however I don't think it will be a cake walk. Would be surprised if it wasn't 1-0, 0-0, 1-1 or 0-1.

Will miss the game as stuck in Dublin with work. We've a hammering of someone on the cards and I just hope its tomorrow night. Would happily accept that and a narrow defeat on Sunday.

I can see McCall mixing it again and fielding a surprise line-up.

Humphrey to get on score sheet with 'The Fox' in a 5 - 0 drubbing.