Motherwell Vs St Mirren Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't understand is why we brought the white elephant that is Chris Humphrey back into the team?

We had some balance in attack and defence, and in the games he has played against St Mirren in the past he has supplied little to us going forward whereas surely Forbes could have helped us control the game and gave us balance.

Questions need to be asked about the selection tonight, disappointing as he's had it right in the past few games.

Well surprise surfuckingprise.

An absolutely embarrassing result to lose to that shite and the players should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Fuck trudging along to watch this shite anymore. I'm done with it.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out

Referee didn't help, looked to me like we had a good penalty claim in the first half, how Goodwin stayed on the pitch I don't know and general two different sets of rules for the two teams.

That said it was a dire match and one where we got what we deserved. Not that St. Mirren where any good, they were as bad as we were but as the home team supposedly challenging for a top six place you have to expect A LOT more than we showed tonight.

Alarm bells were ringing from the very start, we just didn't look motivated at all and that is something I think is inexcusable for a professional football team to come out on to the field looking lackadaisical and uninterested just isn't good enough.

Created virtually nothing, too many backwards and side way passes, no invention, flair, attack mindedness, nothing.

McCall doesn't have a lot to work with now but I'm not letting him off the hook either tonight. First of all we win two games with the same line up and he changes it tonight and we lose. The same team should have played tonight. Secondly his substitutions were a bit mind boggling. Hammell at right back trying to get on to his left foot to cross a ball when Hateley is on the pitch (admittedly doing not a lot)? Why not put on Forbes as a straight switch for Lasley (looks like Las is going to be out for a while just to make things worse).

And I'm sorry, Humphrey is only good for running at players in the last 10 or 15 minutes, get him back on the bench.

I'm trying to think of a recent home performance that was worse than tonight and I'm struggling. Gannon's last game against St. Johnstone? The Falkirk defeat?

Referee didn't help, looked to me like we had a good penalty claim in the first half, how Goodwin stayed on the pitch I don't know and general two different sets of rules for the two teams.

That said it was a dire match and one where we got what we deserved. Not that St. Mirren where any good, they were as bad as we were but as the home team supposedly challenging for a top six place you have to expect A LOT more than we showed tonight.

Alarm bells were ringing from the very start, we just didn't look motivated at all and that is something I think is inexcusable for a professional football team to come out on to the field looking lackadaisical and uninterested just isn't good enough.

Created virtually nothing, too many backwards and side way passes, no invention, flair, attack mindedness, nothing.

McCall doesn't have a lot to work with now but I'm not letting him off the hook either tonight. First of all we win two games with the same line up and he changes it tonight and we lose. The same team should have played tonight. Secondly his substitutions were a bit mind boggling. Hammell at right back trying to get on to his left foot to cross a ball when Hateley is on the pitch (admittedly doing not a lot)? Why not put on Forbes as a straight switch for Lasley (looks like Las is going to be out for a while just to make things worse).

And I'm sorry, Humphrey is only good for running at players in the last 10 or 15 minutes, get him back on the bench.

I'm trying to think of a recent home performance that was worse than tonight and I'm struggling. Gannon's last game against St. Johnstone? The Falkirk defeat?

spot on

Absolute shite.

I'm really, really struggling these days to convince myself its remotely worthwhile going to games - two garbage football teams serving up a garbage game of football on a garbage park, I'm not even going to waste time moaning about Manager A or Player B, Scottish football is fuckin' terrible.

Anyway, as soon as Higdon came on we almost said in unison "that'll be 1-0, Higdon with the winner then". :mad:

Absolutely fucking shite.

No fight, no desire, no committment.

Outplayed, outfought, out-thank!!

I could go on. That was dross, complete and utter dross. Why change a winning formation and a winning team. We were so short in midfield it was frightening. Lasley and Jenno against 4 or 5 every time.

St Mirren and Hamilton Accies in 4 days at Fir Park is enough to scunner anyone with football, two teams playing 3-6-1. 8 games out the last 11 we have failed to score, that is seriously concerning.

Again I thought we had turned it round and to go and play like that is another complete boot in the bawsacks.

Against this mob aswell, fuck me. If we play like this on Sunday we will get destroyed, another 6-0, no bother.

This was a big oppurtunity for 4th place lost and instead of 2 pts pulled away on St Johnstone and Dundee its 1 dropped to them and 3 to Aberdeen.

A huge disappointment tonight, from right before kick off. Have to say I was surprised that we changed the team and the formation. The Buddies play 3-5-2 so for us to switch to a 4-4-2 was baffling. Forbes had done fine in the last two games, so to not even get on the pitch seems harsh.

Also, not sure why we switched Hammell to right back. Gunning was doing fine at right back. that switch unbalanced the team and allowed St Midden to pressure us more in defensive areas.

Steve Conroy should be thoroughly ashamed of himself after his display tonight. On numerous occasions he allowed St Midden away with some heavy tackles, yet seen fit to punish us for any innocuous contact. For me we should've had a stick-on nalty in the first half, a goal then and perhaps the whole dynamic of the match changes.

All that said though, it is very poor that we failed to even draw the game. I'd go as far as to say it was unprofessional. They were sitting back as the second half wore on, a bit like the Killie game. In that situation the worst we should take is a 0-0. Sadly we again conceded and lost a game we shouldn't have.

Credit to St Midden for their work rate, they'll rightly be celebrating a result that all but keeps them up. However, I'd love Scottish refs to properly clamp down on teams who put the boot in and kick teams off the park. Unfortunately we've got more of this to 'look forward to' with 3 teams relegated at the end of next season.

A bad night, and I fear an absolute raping on Sunday.

What was the oint in bringing Hammell on when Las was injured? Surely bring on young Meechan and keep Hateley at right back.

Why oh why when we play against duds like Poter, Kenneth, dods etc we play long ball after long ball and make them look like defenders when they are pub players.

Bad day at the office for the players and espically the manager.

Well surprise surfuckingprise.

An absolutely embarrassing result to lose to that shite and the players should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Fuck trudging along to watch this shite anymore. I'm done with it.

:mad: Me too, can't be bothered watching that pish any more.

Utter pish simply not good enough, Tactics wrong personnel wrong lack of effort all round very wrong.

Positives , worst possible result for the hackies, Mc Call Brutally honest in his post match.

Lets just offer Celtic a 3 nil win just now and all have the day off on Sunday.

Match officials were to fairness what Gloria is to capitalising on goal scoring opportunities.

I am a Motherwell fan, the season is over, the players are terrible, the pitch is a joke, the referee was a disgrace, the pies were too cold, the toilets are flooded..............................

*insert more typical moans here*

Aye, to be fair the game was pish and we weren't very good but give it a rest. Were in the top 6 which is higher than we should be. If you don't have anything good to say other than moan like fuck then don't say anything at all. Maybe if the amount of noise that's made on here was made in the stands then it may spur the team on to do better.

I am a Motherwell fan, the season is over, the players are terrible, the pitch is a joke, the referee was a disgrace, the pies were too cold, the toilets are flooded..............................

Aye, to be fair the game was pish and we weren't very good but give it a rest. Were in the top 6 which is higher than we should be. If you don't have anything good to say other than moan like fuck then don't say anything at all. Maybe if the amount of noise that's made on here was made in the stands then it may spur the team on to do better.

Aye very good.

Crazy to change the formation. Subs were shite. Gunning to right back was a shocking move, then Hammell to rb was just as bad and Higdon had all the space he wanted with Hammell out of position(not to mention the shite tackle from Hateley and cracking bobble in the goalmouth) . Why oh why not sub a midfielder for a midfielder? Humphrey poor, Murphy wasted, passing game away to fuck. Absolutely shite. St Mirren are really pish, if they stay up this year, they will almost certainly be down next season and deservedly so. Ref gave us nothing and allowed the likes of Goodwin to kick fuck out of anything in C&A.

Getting Fitba' stopped springs to mind.

Agree with most of the posters on here. We were dire, St Mirren deserved the 3 points if any team were going to win. The choices made by the manager tonight were ridiculous. In fact, the last time a manager made so many ridiculous choices was McGhee against St Mirren in the Scottish cup at home a few years back when we played 4-5-1 (although Quagmire tried to convince us it was 4-3-3).

Why did McCall change a winning system and team tonight? Why did Gunning get switched to right back/mid, Hateley into centre midfield and Hammell brought on at left back/mid when Lasley got injured? In fact, I couldn't work out if he went with 4 at the back or 3 at the back. Anyway, when it was clear that Gunning was a liability at right back/right mid (it was like he had been replaced by a burd trying to play football!), he switches Hammell to the right side and Gunning back to the left. Meanwhile, Forbes and Page sit warming the bench! Couldn't understand the decisions made by McCall tonight, but ultimately, the players were dreadful yet again. Aberdeen and Killie apart, the rest of the performances since McCall came have been awful.

As I've said before, from a footballing point of view, the league is well and truly over for us. Getting into the top 6 means we might get a chance to change the destination of the title and getting into the bottom 6 means we could maybe relegate Accies.

I love you Dee :mad: