Motherwell Vs St Mirren Discussion Thread

David

Clearly didn't do enough to win, but unlucky to have lost I thought. Particularly since the ball was heading about six feet wide of Randolph's left-hand post before hitting the divot.

But it was a dire game with a very lacklustre display from Motherwell with little creativity or excitement to speak of. Penalty shout, couple of good decent free-kicks from Hateley, shot blocked near the end, struggling to think of much else, which is pretty disappointing stuff.

Several of the points I would have made have been covered already. The starting line-up was questionable to begin with and to do all the shuffling around when we had two players on the bench who could have slotted straight in for Lasley. Odd.

Speaking of whom. Bit of a joke that Lasley gets a yellow card for two fouls in relatively quick succession yet it took until the 75th or so minute before Goodwin got booked.

And what of Forbes? The last couple of games I thought might have gone a little way to restoring the all important confidence his game seems to need. What does that say when he's dropped after doing little wrong, then sees us play musical chairs with the positions before putting him or Meechan on for a like-for-like switch.

I was very impressed with the tactical switch at Pittodrie last week, but tonight it didn't work out at all.

The worst feeling tonight for me is not so much losing to fucking St Mirren again, God knows we've seen enough of those in recent times, is that it really could be a season changing defeat.

If we blow the top six because of that result that's going to be a sickener in itself but we've virtually killed off the relegation battle tonight with that result. Accies could be realistically if not mathematically gone by the time the split comes around so if we do finish bottom six there will be absolutely fuck all to play for. And that's hardly an exciting prospect is it?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Motherwell fan, the season is over, the players are terrible, the pitch is a joke, the referee was a disgrace, the pies were too cold, the toilets are flooded..............................

*insert more typical moans here*

Aye, to be fair the game was pish and we weren't very good but give it a rest. Were in the top 6 which is higher than we should be. If you don't have anything good to say other than moan like fuck then don't say anything at all. Maybe if the amount of noise that's made on here was made in the stands then it may spur the team on to do better.

Come on now, I think people do have the right to an opinion on here. Weve lost a late goal to lose at home to St Mirren on a cold wet and very miserable night.

Are you surprised that people have reacted like this? I don't think opinion wouldve been any different if we had drawn 0-0. We should be beating this shite at home, no wonder people are more than abit pissed off.

Just back and am totally bemused.

All credit to the 'midden they set up their stall 'not to get beat' and did it.

In saying that ,Randolph was the busier keeper, why?????

We are so one dimensional in attack. Put 2 men onto Humphrey and he's neutralised.

Can anyone shoot from outside the box instead of trying to walk it into the goal?

Why do we have possession well inside their half and the ball is passed back to our defence.

The high ball is all well and good if someone receives the nod on from Sutton but who????

Jeffers or Casagolda ? which one . Jeffers ,not the player he used to be (or is he).Casagolda the preverbial headless chicken ,lots of movement but ..........no end product.Positives ,not many, Hutch has stepped into Reynolds shoes and is filling them well.Jennings did well but had too much to do in midfield (yes, Forbes should have replaced Lasley). Murphy ,some nice mazy runs but I think he needs a few weeks of to recharge his battery for the rest of the season.Gunning looks good but should have been hooked after his being scythed down.Will I be there on Sunday? Yes, cos its the 'Well and you never know what will happen!!!!

Disgraceful performance yet again under McCall, devoid of ideas,passion and fight. We've got a 'captain' that would rather blame everybody else for his mistakes on the park than take responsiblity and start acting like a leader. Said it for a while about Hateley being a useless c**t and tonight typified that again, more interested not getting his shirt dirty.

The decision to move Gunning to right back was shocking you could see straight away that he has no ability to use his weak foot, like many others in the team ( Hammell, Humphrey, Lasley and Murphy to name a few).

Celtic will demolish us on Sunday and can see them scoring at least 4. St Mirren thoroughally deserved their victory.

Come on now, I think people do have the right to an opinion on here. Weve lost a late goal to lose at home to St Mirren on a cold wet and very miserable night.

Are you surprised that people have reacted like this? I don't think opinion wouldve been any different if we had drawn 0-0. We should be beating this shite at home, no wonder people are more than abit pissed off.

People may have the right to voice their opinion yes, but why do they not voice their opinions when we win? When we play good football? When a certain player has a good game? It's a complete embarassment this website, when we win you will find a thread with something like 2 pages, when we get beat there is threads with 9 pages full of the shame negative guff. We are Motherwell supporters, we are meant to SUPPORT the team!

People may have the right to voice their opinion yes, but why do they not voice their opinions when we win? When we play good football? When a certain player has a good game? It's a complete embarassment this website, when we win you will find a thread with something like 2 pages, when we get beat there is threads with 9 pages full of the shame negative guff. We are Motherwell supporters, we are meant to SUPPORT the team!

baws

22 pages for Aberdeen, 9 pages for Hamilton wins

Quite simply a game to forget, McCall baffled us defence panicked us, midfield bored us and strikers never turned up.

Franny the Fox more like Franny the Fanny and Sutton you can have a contract for McDonalds prize draw HQ, then you might actually win something. Wake me up on Tue after we get pumped by smellic.

Ps I want a refund under Trades Description, I paid to watch a football match Fook knows what i got! Professional footballers SHOULD be able to pass the ball 5 yards.

Well done St Mirren you got what you deserved and so did we.

I agree with your post, abit more support could be shown on here and it very often isn't. The "moaners" do support the team though, they are the ones that also spend their hard earned on games, season tickets, merchandise etc so they have their right to a wee gripe.

We'll just have to see what the reaction is on Sunday ;)

Go elsewhere if its such an embarassment its a forum for all views after all,theres generally nothing to moan about when going well but plenty when not. People are posting concerns and ideas to improve, cant do that when winning so moans will allways be the larger percentage

We were shite tonight. I thought Gunning was especially poor, really didn't seem to adapt to the game very well. To be fair though, playing reasonably well in a couple of games then having a stinker isn't exactly McCall's fault...Motherwell always seem to do that.

Thought the manager summed it up perfectly on the radio after the game, "we got what we deserved".

I'm pretty convinced we'll now turn in a performance against Celtic on Sunday!

Well surprise surfuckingprise.

An absolutely embarrassing result to lose to that shite and the players should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Fuck trudging along to watch this shite anymore. I'm done with it.

What you gonnae watch ????

Netball ????

Cricket ?????

The Tims???? The h**s ???

Naw you'll be back its in yer blood......it's like Heroin...........Tenner bag please Mr McCall ;)

We lack a spark in midfield. If you nip the supply in the bud with us then you're absolutely laughing. They played with at least seven in the box and a couple on the winger that had the ball. But as soon as one winger can't see a way in he either punts it in anyway which they'll win or we pass it back to Jennings and Lasley and at times Craigan who works it out to the other winger and continue until we either cock up a pass or they win the ball in the box or very occasionally we blaze a header over.

Having Humphrey and Murphy on the wing (and I grant both have played better than tonight but form isn't the issue) is fine. But teams have sussed that and double up on them. They sussed it when we beat St Johnstone 4-0 and three managers since then constantly don't seem to realise. We have absolutely no creativity in the middle. Jennings and Lasley are maybe our best two players but all they do is enforce and play the ball sideways. And whilst Gow never performed with us having him in front of those two at least had a potential plan B. But now we have hee haw there and are focusing everything on the wing.

Defensively - on the whole we are fine. Craigan shouldn't have been caught out as he was for the goal and Hutchinson a tad slow to react but even then Randolph looked like he had it until it took a heavy bounce. And for all we were terrible they deserved to win feck all either.

I've felt in a lot of games recently we have pressed a lot but tonight we didn't do that as well which let St Mirren break more often but they were so bad it barely mattered most times.

Overall I find it hard to blame effort and I think some of the guys are playing pretty well but it just isn't happening with the killer ball and its demoralising seeing us have the territory and possession but constantly ending on nil.

The Killie, St J and St M games we have always been unlucky to lose and we probably should have drawn them all 0-0 but scoring is an issue and until that is addressed I just see more and more games like this that are a battle to get in tune with.

Though I can see what McCall is doing - it is a pressing game with passing to create space but I think there are a couple of key cogs to that wheel missing which is limiting us. Sort that in the summer and we can be an effective team next year.

And can someone find the dough to tie Jennings and Sutton up please.

Try not to be to negative with my posts but fook me what a pile of keich that was tonight, what happened with the subs!! Humphrey ;) what does he give us apart from burstin up the wing every now and again and nearly decapatating somebody behind the goals. I`ve been on the rollercoaster for over 45 years and some of the displays this season are as bad as i can remember, we got 3 points on Saturday against accies but i think that has just paved over the cracks of how poor our displays have been recently. In no way am i saying that i`m goin to give up just can`t do that, but your not going to attract people to watch you playing like that. Will anyone dispute that football in the spl is at is worse standard this season ?

Aree with some of it then u want Sutton tied up, so do i and flung in the Clyde, player his height cant win an ariel ball is a disgrace when Hammell wins many many more.

Hammell doesn't generally play up against six foot clogging centre halfs. And Sutton wins his share. Again not a great game tonight but one we'd miss.

Took a penalty to beat Hamilton. Can't score against St Mirren(Cowdenbeath). These are by far the worst teams in the league and we can't get a single goal from open play against them at home. Im going to stick with my prediction of Opposition ? Motherwell 0 for the rest of the season i think. Pretty awful result tonight considering we will get hee haw off Celtic on the weekend & all the teams around about us have got games where they will probably be picking up points. This time next week could see us well and truly out the top 6 and have no goal threat to get back in it again.

Not we miss but he misses, hardly overtowered when going for the ball, pish game.

Don't disagree it was pish but Sutton won just about every ball he went up for, they had put Goodwin (absolute thug by the way) on him for the aerial challenges and I don't remember Goodwin winning a ball.

A shocking display tonight devoid of any passion or aggression. Changes should have been made at half time but weren't and substitutions were a bit baffling to say the least. The big problem was midfield which was awful - lacked determination and pace. I agree with many other views on here. As far as I counted we didn't have one solitary effort on target.

Just to provide a counterbalance - I've seen far worse in the past and I'll be back. No intention of giving up.