Mfc Supporter Questionnaire

Gaag

Following the recent launch of the Supporters Advisory Committee, the group in conjunction with the Supporters Trust have launched a survey designed to gather your opinions.

The Supporters Advisory Committee the group met with representatives of the Supporters Trust and identified that there are many areas where we can work together, equally there are also some areas where each group would retain its own focus. The club do feel that the existence of both is important and vital going forward. This survey is one initiative with a degree of overlap and mutual interest.

We want to know your big picture gripes and ideas, views on reconstruction, safe standing, television and the like. In response the club have promised to be transparent on their position and policies in whatever we identify and where possible and appropriate, use their influence to push forward change.

Importantly though we also want to work in areas where the club have the ability to make the changes we desire. Stewarding, ticket allocations, pricing, initiatives, club policies, facilities, match day to name but a few. The list is really up to you to help us identify. These are really the most exciting opportunities for you the supporters and where we can most likely see some quick wins.

You can fill in the survey either online here (Fan Survey) which is preferred, in the central page pull out which will be in both the St. Mirren and Celtic programmes or pop into the Chapman Building where plenty are available for uplift, we may also be in a position to hand them out to fans entering the ground on Wednesday night. If you have filled out the online version, please don’t duplicate your answers on a paper copy. Paper copies can be posted back to the club or handed into the Chapman building.

Thank you very much to everyone taking the time to complete the survey, it is much appreciated.

MFC Supporters Advisory Committee

We can draw information from online submissions immediately, hence why we'd prefer supporters to choose that option opposed to filling in a paper copy, however appreciate a number of the support don't use or have access to electronic media.

We envisage drawing conclusions around mid March due to the time to receive, collate and manually input the paper copies.

As of today we have 650 responses.

So, as of today the club has only had 800 replies....out of a core support of 3,500? A 23% response. I would have though our support couldn't wait to fire their views into the club. Well if they don't take part they can't complain if their views are ignored.

Out of that 3500, how many aren't aware of the survey? How many think it is a waste of time (based on previous experience)?

The last UK election had a 65.1% turnout. 23% for a footy questionnaire isn't too shabby.

Out of that 3500, how many aren't aware of the survey? How many think it is a waste of time (based on previous experience)?

thats my main gripe.......i'll fill one in just now, but how many others weren't aware?

I dont buy programmes anymore so I wouldn't have known about it there.

Is there a presumption being made that everyone has access to the web?? or even comes on to this website?

In an ideal world we would have universal response from all supporters, both via the online version and paper copies. We would also have adequate media exposure to ensure those not visiting the official site, forums and don't buy a programme would be aware of the survey and it's importance going forward.

The majority of supporters recognise that we also don't have another home game until the 2nd of April making the issue, collection and compilation of paper copies particularly tricky.

We understand there may also be a degree of apathy through prior experiences of such surveys. We hope the support can see a distinct change in the day to day management of the club with fans representations coming back to the forefront of decision making process.

The club is getting close to making the decision on pricing and initiatives for the 2011-12 season tickets and the results of this questionnaire will be the foundation of those discussions, hence the deadline in 3 days time.

So just to confirm, this questionnaire will close on Friday so if you haven't already, please follow the link to the survey.

MFC Supporter Questionnaire

Following the recent launch of the Supporters Advisory Committee, the group in conjunction with the Supporters Trust have launched a survey designed to gather your opinions.

The Supporters Advisory Committee the group met with representatives of the Supporters Trust and identified that there are many areas where we can work together, equally there are also some areas where each group would retain its own focus. The club do feel that the existence of both is important and vital going forward. This survey is one initiative with a degree of overlap and mutual interest.

I filled in the survey but being a sceptic of both the trust and this new outfit, I have become even more sceptical when the two of them get into bed to come up with this survey, seems we as supporters can drum up committees, but cannot come up with an original idea between the elected members.

I look forward with some interest to seeing what conclusions can be drawn from the survey, looking forward even more to see if the club do anything about the issues taken forward from the results.

So, as of today the club has only had 800 replies....out of a core support of 3,500? A 23% response. I would have though our support couldn't wait to fire their views into the club. Well if they don't take part they can't complain if their views are ignored.

800 replies should give a fairly accurate representation of the views of the fans especially when they've got those sorts of 'rate such and such out of 10' type of questions. There will also be a fair number that will have filled in the boxes to give suggestions on it too so hopefully it'll be fairly useful.

Just as long as nobody said they could cope with increased ticket prices... :rolleyes:

800 replies should give a fairly accurate representation of the views of the fans especially when they've got those sorts of 'rate such and such out of 10' type of questions. There will also be a fair number that will have filled in the boxes to give suggestions on it too so hopefully it'll be fairly useful.

It'll be a reasonable representation but as folk on here have said some still didn't know about it. A fair proportion of our support still can't/won't use the internet and unless they bought a programme on Sunday the chances are they won't know about the survey.

Hard to say why folk haven't completed one. Many won't have known about it, some will be anti MFC or apathetic. The response is not bad for a survey of this kind but we must remember that, unlike most surveys, our support has a vested interest in it. However given that and also because folk go to Fir Park voluntarily and are not press ganged into it I would have thought it would be higher.

Still hopefully the club will get a decent appreciation of our views good or bad.

I personally found it too long! Two or three shorter questionnaires (one a quarter) on specific agenda's might have more impact? Yes, you run the possibility that people get fed up after one or two. But if they have an opinion on a particular subject, I'm fairly sure they will respond.

It's also a bit easier on those who have to collate the data.

Two thirds of the way through that lot and I was tempted to banging in anything to get the relevant bits in.

They were dishing them out in the Cooper before the game on Sunday.

The problem with surveys is that most people who complete them do so for a couple of reasons, out of a sense of duty or, because they feel particularly strongly about something.

So they are never an accurate reflection of the how the group being surveyed actually feel, but merely a reflection of those who responded.

A response of 800 is a bloody good return if truth be told, take away all the supporters under 16 who probably dont know, or care, that there is a survey going on, those from 16-25 with better things to do after a match than sit about filling in questionaires. the middle aged cynics who cant be arsed because its a bag of shite, and the elderly who filled it in and left it in a library book, or lined the budgies cage with it. 25% of the core support is excellent. It still means fuck all though.

Agreed, I think that's a great response when you consider the difficulty in reaching out to the fans.

Where's the difficulty, you've got them in the ground every couple of weeks.

Put a pile at every turnstile, every kiosk, give one with every purchase in the club shop, have a couple of schoolkids inside the ground at every entrance dishing them out to each fan as they come in. You could even arrange to have them as flyers in the Motherwell Times, The Wishaw press, and The Bellshill Speaker.

There is no difficulty in reaching out to the fans, it's getting them to take it seriously and fill the bloody thing in that's the problem. That's not a Motherwell problem, it's a common problem with all surveys.

There is no difficulty in reaching out to the fans, it's getting them to take it seriously and fill the bloody thing in that's the problem. That's not a Motherwell problem, it's a common problem with all surveys.

I understand what you're saying but surely this survey is a bit different. Its not like a normal consumer survey. I've been asked to complete a survey before about shopping habits to cite but one example. I don't feel any particular loyalty to Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys or whoever. I don't take my custom there because I like going there its because I have to - none of us can live without food. In such circumstances, there is no strong motivation for completing a questionnaire.

MFC is a bit different. Although we're all different, we all go to FP because we want to - through an attachment to the club. Given that you'd think most folk would be very keen to send in their views, to help the club. I suspect that most folk either don't know about the survey or don't understand its importance. Maybe quite a few aren't registered with the Official Site - who knows?

I understand what you're saying but surely this survey is a bit different. Its not like a normal consumer survey. I've been asked to complete a survey before about shopping habits to cite but one example. I don't feel any particular loyalty to Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys or whoever. I don't take my custom there because I like going there its because I have to - none of us can live without food. In such circumstances, there is no strong motivation for completing a questionnaire.

MFC is a bit different. Although we're all different, we all go to FP because we want to - through an attachment to the club. Given that you'd think most folk would be very keen to send in their views, to help the club. I suspect that most folk either don't know about the survey or don't understand its importance. Maybe quite a few aren't registered with the Official Site - who knows?

I know we are all different but you'd be surprised how many of the fans are only there for the football. A lot of them neither know nor care what goes on behind the scenes, as long as their seat is there on matchday as long as the team is on the pitch, they dont really give a monkey's about anything else, and that's true of all clubs.

I'm actually astonished that they got as many as 800.

I know we are all different but you'd be surprised how many of the fans are only there for the football. A lot of them neither know nor care what goes on behind the scenes, as long as their seat is there on matchday as long as the team is on the pitch, they dont really give a monkey's about anything else, and that's true of all clubs.

I can accept that. There will be a proportion of our core support with no particular attachment to the club - they like watching football and MFC just happens to be the nearest club to their home.

I recall when we hit 6 past Hearts a year or two back a middle aged guy was sitting in front of me with a C & A scarf on (probably just to keep warm). As goal after goal hit the back of the Jambos net all around were going atomic except this one guy who remained stoic and emotionless. He seemed oblivious to what was going on on the pitch. I suppose that illustrates your point. There will undoubtedly be more like him.

I can accept that. There will be a proportion of our core support with no particular attachment to the club - they like watching football and MFC just happens to be the nearest club to their home.

I recall when we hit 6 past Hearts a year or two back a middle aged guy was sitting in front of me with a C & A scarf on (probably just to keep warm). As goal after goal hit the back of the Jambos net all around were going atomic except this one guy who remained stoic and emotionless. He seemed oblivious to what was going on on the pitch. I suppose that illustrates your point. There will undoubtedly be more like him.

I'm not totally sure thats the kind of fan thelip69 was talking about. I don't think there many like the ones you describe (although I'm sure theres a few), it's just a large chunk of our support aren't as interested in the daily runnings of the club as others. I've got some pals that go to more games than me and have supported Motherwell longer than me and they really don't give a fuck about much beyond what happens on the pitch. Try telling them they have no particular attachment to the club.

I sometimes wonder if I'd care as much about the wee details either if it wasny for this forum.

I'm not totally sure thats the kind of fan thelip69 was talking about. I don't think there many like the ones you describe (although I'm sure theres a few), it's just a large chunk of our support aren't as interested in the daily runnings of the club as others. I've got some pals that go to more games than me and have supported Motherwell longer than me and they really don't give a fuck about much beyond what happens on the pitch. Try telling them they have no particular attachment to the club.

I sometimes wonder if I'd care as much about the wee details either if it wasny for this forum.

Them's the ones.

To be honest I was like that myself, turned up watched the match and went home. I only started taking a deeper interest in the club when we went into liquidation.

Final reminder this has only 24 hours to run, a gentle reminder to all that this is your last chance to convey your thoughts and suggestions on key issues going forward.

Please feel free to add any initiatives you feel the club should look at implementing either in the questionnaire response boxes, via email to supporters.committee@motherwellfc.co.uk or in an additional post to this thread.

Thanks in advance

869 responses by midday, Friday 4th