2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

From the Beeb.

Motherwell winger Chris Humphrey insists he will be fully fit in time for the Scottish Cup final. (Sun)

Motherwell manager Stuart McCall has been told he will not have to slash his player budget for next season. (Various)

wrt the second part - a bit sobering given the finacial ground we've made this season and a potential to qualify for Europe.

Frightening to see what's required just to stay still.

From the Beeb.

wrt the second part - a bit sobering given the finacial ground we've made this season and a potential to qualify for Europe.

i dont think what we have achieved this season is what required to stand still - i think its more to do with what we have done in the past and the cuts we made, that we dont need to do it now (when everyone else is)

was there not a post from ages ago, probably from Flow, that said we had to make cuts but it would stand us in good stead?!?

anyway, i think depending on certain players performances in the final (shop window) could decide whether they stay or move on.

my opinion is that :

Jennings is away back down south

Sutton - still undecided, will only leave if a funny money offers comes in (Billy Mehmet / Connor Salmon)

Murphy - if he shines in the cup final, someone might be tempted to take a chance

Randolph - already rumoured with Ipswich, but from my ITFC supporting mate, he says they are already after some Wigan keeper

Craigan - think he will take another 1yr deal (might leave if he gets more of security offer ala Fitzpatrick)

Jeffers - think this one will depend on whether we lose Sutton / Murphy

Weesacs you've also got Jones, Ross and Gunning heading aswell. Only Ross likely to be here next year.

Could be 6 players leaving and if budget is the same potential for 6 players arriving. Or pay a bit more for some quality. Like we did with Hughes and Porter and only sign say 3 or 4.

Depends how highly SMc rates our young guns like Pollock, McHugh, Lawless Halsmann etc.

its in the paper today that United might be going for Rankin of HIbs - available on a free

i think he could do a job for us

on another note, the paper also report that Killie are looking at some young striker that has been released by Blackburn Rovers - do England have the same thing as the Exit trials???

if so, i hope SMcC is examining this very closely (although I presume every manager will be doing that)

Rankin is rubbish.

I'll be honest, I much prefer that we seem to have avoided players that have done the rounds in Scotland in the recent past. Rankin scored one lucky strike against Celtic and not much else.

Yeah, whilst we are far from comparing like for like with Dundee Utd despite winning the cup last season and finishing third they only posted a profit of £66,000...

FC Business

Thu 10th Mar 2011 | Money & Finance

Dundee United made a net profit of £66,000 for the year ending June 2010.

The news comes after they released their Annual Accounts today showing an improvement of £203K on the previous year.

Despite the demanding financial climate within Scottish football at the moment, on-field success, most notably the achievement of winning the Scottish Cup and finishing third in the SPL ensured the Club showed a net profit.

Turnover for the year was £6.052m, an increase of £260k over the prior year and an £2.24m increase over 2004.

Dundee United's bank borrowing remained consistent with the previous year with the balance of the term loan remaining at £5.4m.

However, it was revealed that Directors' loans for the year increased by £300k to £435k.

Chairman Stephen Thompson said "In extremely difficult financial times for Scottish football as a whole, it is pleasing to see the Club return a small profit for the year.

He continued, "It should be stated, however, in a season in which we won the Scottish Cup and finished third in the League, this modest profit only goes to show the harsh realities of the current financial climate within Scottish football.

"Despite the huge success enjoyed on the park, home attendances dropped by 10% in relation to the previous season. The Club remains committed to supporting Peter Houston in providing the best team possible but we also accept that any expenses incurred have to be covered by income generated.

"This is the challenge that faces us over the next few seasons. It is with the continued support of the fans that we can ensure the long term stability of the Club."

He added: "In summary, whilst the importance of the financial restrictions within Scottish football at present cannot be underestimated, the Club has, and continues to face up to its current challenges in a quiet and diligent manner.

"We will continue to monitor and pursue cost saving measures and over the months ahead the Club faces some tough decisions but, with the support of our loyal fan base, we remain totally committed to providing Dundee United supporters with both a team on the park to be proud of and also a football club run in a prudent and efficient manner."

and if you read it it's only a profit due to thompson loaning them £300k.

united have many more senior players than we do so it's definitely not like for like.

The way I read that he put in £435k up £300k on the previous season, ie he put in 135k the season before.

Dundee Utd have big debts so they probably are paying out more on interest and repayments than we are.

I heard we were shipping in Osama Bin Laden, rumours have it he is a world class attacker ph34r.gif

Due to international clearance that one could be dead in the water though

FIFA citing that cross-border thing again? Bunch of Swiss bawbags.

With his height he would have been dynamite up front.

FIFA citing that cross-border thing again? Bunch of Swiss bawbags.

With his height he would have been dynamite up front.

No chance. The guy has been hiding for most of his career and only performs when the cameras are on him.

I have heard a rumour from a decent source that Stephen Hughes might be on his way back......

I heard In January that he was supposed to be coming on loan from again a reliable (HP) source, but that just couldn't get the deal done so it wouldn't surprise me to see him back. Whether I'd be happy about it or not...

• Like 1

On the McCall issue I heard that rumour from a h*n who is at murray park park alot, they wanted him to join the backroom staff at Ibrox in the summer or join the mighty 'well there and then. Seemingly that's what caused the delay i him signing for us.

Good choice ginger one.

Hughes falls into the same category as Gow.

Loads of technique but just doesn't perform consistantly enough.

X 2. In his second season with us he was totally anonymous in crunch games and only performed in flashes throughout the season.

X 2. In his second season with us he was totally anonymous in crunch games and only performed in flashes throughout the season.

Have to echo that completely, was the jist of what I was going to post. He was superb in his first season, when the whole team was on top form. In his second season, when the going got tough, he was playing hide and seek, not quite to the Brian Kerr or Kevin McBride level but still. We could sign a lot worse though, heard a rumour today, albeit from a third hand source (my cousin's colleague heard from a director) that there is no chance Jennings is staying beyond the summer. Story could have changed various times before reaching me right enough!