2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Where did you hear that?

I was told by a few Celtic-supporting mates that this rumour was invented as a cheapshot at us after Rangers beat us 5-0 last week.

Maybe it's made it's way onto the various Celtic forums and grown from there?

No, that rumour has been on the go a lot longer than that. I first heard it just before we confirmed his appointment.

It went along the lines of.....

"Rangers have engineered his appointment to get him some experience in the SPL as he's joining McCoist's coaching staff at the end of the season. Due to financial restraints Rangers cant create a position for him but once Wattie goes a vacancy arises"

The first part I dont believe a word of but the second part seems plausible enough.

I seem to remember that Jamie Langfeild was at one point the better Keeper in the Spl (Outside Old Firm).... got aberdeen to a Uefa Cup Quarter Final in 2008 did he not?. so, wouldn't say No to him signing on.... Then again,... I said the same for Fraser facepalm.gif

saw there that there's talk about John Rankin... He's the sort of player that will perform for a season, Score a good goal the next season and then be un heard of for the rest of his career... Looking at the list of players released from Hibs, I would take McBride back, Thicot and McCann any day! All good players who just play for the wrong team.

Dear lord am I glad you are not our manager.

Rumour doing around is that United going to be going for Jennings. Anyone else heard it?

aye mate i seen this mentioned earlier on dundee utd mad that jenings is supposed to be in talks with them.i have to say id be pretty shocked if jenno ended up at utd

There's a guy I know that lives round the corner from me. His dads cousin is the one and only Alex mcleish.

Anyways he's been telling me, since I'm a well fan, that mcleish has been up in Motherwell watching humphrey and jennings. At least the source is reasonably reliable

Would be amazing if Jennings stayed, i had thought it was nearly a certainty he was going to leave, hopefully he does stay as he's a really important part of our team, if hes going to go though id think it'd be down south rather than another SPL side,

It would but only signing another one year contract last summer showed to me what his intentions are for this June/July. No matter how much he enjoys it here, playing for the club, and having a good bunch of friends/colleagues around him I would be amazed if he isn't playing in the Championship in Season 2011-2012. One thing that has surprised me is the fact Rangers haven't been linked with him yet. Still early days right enough.

Well from my post on the previous page, allegedly and I stress the word allegedly, the board went to offer Jennings a new deal and he said don't bother. Which sounds like his mind is already made up!

Well from my post on the previous page, allegedly and I stress the word allegedly, the board went to offer Jennings a new deal and he said don't bother. Which sounds like his mind is already made up!

I heard he was at Tannadice today for talks, but the person who told me is a tim wind up merchant, so it could be bollox.

"Dundee United to hold contract talks with a midfielder from another SPL club within the next 48 hours - story in tomorrow's Daily Express." -- From that Scott Burns guy on twitter.

Could that be Jenno? I hope no! what a major sideways step that would be for the lad.

Dundee Utd can offer way more money than what we can - thats the reality. When he signed with us, he signed two 1 year deals. IMO, he was always going to use us as a stepping stone to bigger things whether that be to a bigger team or to make his bank balance bigger.

I obviously want him to stay at FP - even if its another 1 yr deal - but money talks, and at this stage its iffy between us and Utd who are going into Europe - that may sway his mind. I always thought though, that if he were to leave us, he would go back down south. But hey ho, look at Blackman - we thought the same about him.

Does anyone know of other SPL midfielders who are out of contract? who are they?

I dont know how these contracts work - would he go talk to them out of courtesy? (does that actually happen?) or would his agent just say to them - "nah, he's not interested"

Crazy move for Jenno if you ask me. They are losing a lot off players and I just don't see them as a step up from us at all. They are in a lot of financial trouble aswell and seriously need to cut the wage bill. They won't pay much more than us £1k a week at most.

Tbh I like Jenno as a player, solid midfielder but I think he is infinately more replaceable that Sutton, Randolph, Murphy, Humphrey or Hutch. Jenno would be a great re-signing but I wouldn't lose a load if sleep if he went.

Hately is starting to play well inthe centre and offers more creatively, the lad Carswell looks a prospect and we still have Innes aswell to return after a season of first team footie at Albion.

I re-iterate I would love him to stay but not at the expense of the wage structure and if he moves to Utd then personally I don't think it's a good move for him but I would wish him all the best.

Out of a matter of interest does anyone know how many games he had missed for us due to Suspension. Think im right in sayin it's 7 games this season alone.

The irony as well is he'll be hated the moment he lines up against us and we'll all be screaming for him to get sent off for aggressive tackles :lol:

Maybe making him Captain at the weekend was the last throw of the dice to keep him. I'm not bothered to be honest as I knew he was off last summer. Very 'UnMotherwell' (as of late) to sign him to a one year deal when they have everyone else tied up longer. I'm sure he will talk to them but what a shocking lack of ambition if he went to them. Stil convinced he will be in the Championship next season.

Make sure the armband goes no further than Craigan, Lasley, or Hammell this season as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13345913.stm

Out-of-contract Derby County striker Chris Porter is set to find out if he has a future at Pride Park this week.

Porter, 27, was manager Nigel Clough's first signing, moving to Pride Park from Motherwell in 2009.

But he has struggled with injuries in his two-and-a-half-year stint, starting just 25 games and making a further 25 appearances from the bench.

Clough has already signed striker Jamie Ward and agreed a deal for fellow forward Theo Robinson

Would you want him back? If he could keep fit and take a pay cut I definately would!

I'm sure he will talk to them but what a shocking lack of ambition if he went to them. Stil convinced he will be in the Championship next season.

Make sure the armband goes no further than Craigan, Lasley, or Hammell this season as well.

No ambition in that move for me at all.

Two very good points there Finlay.

In fact Captain Randolph has a good ring too it.

Crazy move for Jenno if you ask me. They are losing a lot off players and I just don't see them as a step up from us at all.

Footballers don't always have to "step up" when they move. Some folk just need a change of scenery now and again to keep them motivated. Would be an odd choice if he had better offers on the table of course, but there are worse places to play your football than Tannadice.

There's a guy I know that lives round the corner from me. His dads cousin is the one and only Alex mcleish.

Anyways he's been telling me, since I'm a well fan, that mcleish has been up in Motherwell watching humphrey and jennings. At least the source is reasonably reliable

Mind and tell your neighbour that his da's cousin is a wank

• Like 2