2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

£1m from an EPL side is buttons, let's try and get double that at least. Do what everyone else does, get the best money poss.

Or take £1m and Danny Wilson on loan for a season ;-)

Other clubs know we are not in the position to play hardball over player's contracts. Ok, he has two years left with us but I doubt he will be a high earner and isn't (yet) an internationalist. Given the fact we haven't been able to ship out a player for a seven figure sum in a long time (some of these players a wee bit better than Humphrey as well imo) I'd say a bid being accepted at the £1m mark (with add ons as their usually is) would be a major achievement by the Club.

I know exactly where you are coming from Finlay but I just feel that after the success this year that it could be a year that we play hard ball.

We do not have to sell players this year to make ends meet, the cup runs have saw to that. Maybe time to say £2.5m starting price. Then let the usual bargaining begin and get around £1.5m for him.

I agree £1m is a hell of a lot of cash to this club but fuck it £1.5-£2m is better. We are in a relatively strong position at the moment let's take advantage of it.

• Like 2

Other clubs know we are not in the position to play hardball over player's contracts. Ok, he has two years left with us but I doubt he will be a high earner and isn't (yet) an internationalist. Given the fact we haven't been able to ship out a player for a seven figure sum in a long time (some of these players a wee bit better than Humphrey as well imo) I'd say a bid being accepted at the £1m mark (with add ons as their usually is) would be a major achievement by the Club.

hibs manage to get very good money for their players

Were these player's already internationalists, what were the length of contracts involved, how many club's were interested, and how much money were the player's on? Just some of the things that might need to be considered.

What length of contract did Lee Hollis sign?

There is a feeling in the back of my mind it was only for one year and everyone is overlooking him as he hadn't played for us.

However, he looked good yesterday, one game doesn't make the man, but if we do get offered enough to let Randy go, it would be nice to know we have his understudy ready to fill his place, maybe then bring someone in to compete with Lee without having to worry about looking for a ready made number 1?

If we sold Humphrey for 1M plus we'd end up on Watchdog as a seller of faulty goods!

This season he has just about justified a starting place in our team due to SOME improved performances and our small squad which doesn't have many options but he is no where near Premiership level. Think of the stick Theo Walcott gets in the premiership and contrast his ability with Humphrey. Walcott is at a totally different level from Humphrey.

The one thing you need to play at a higher level is a good level of technical ability and Humphrey just doesn't have that. I don't think he really has the mentality of a top level footballer either as he disappears far to often, gets down when things don't got for him and is half hearted when tracking back.

Maybe he'll end up at a lower half Championship club but I'd be amazed and very happy indeed if we got a seven figure sum for him.

He's fast but if that was all that mattered Usain Bolt would play for Barcelona.