2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

How much does qualifying for Europe affect our signings? Does the bonus of offering a run in Europe appeal to players that we wouldn't get otherwise do you think?

I really doubt it will appeal to those not already here, as it would likely only be two games at the start of the season (as I don't think we have yet enough points to be seeded) for the round we enter if we win the cup. It might tempt those already here, and it would possible give us a one maybe two extra 0's onto our budget but we're not a regular/long term european side.

If we sold Humphrey for 1M plus we'd end up on Watchdog as a seller of faulty goods!

This season he has just about justified a starting place in our team due to SOME improved performances and our small squad which doesn't have many options but he is no where near Premiership level. Think of the stick Theo Walcott gets in the premiership and contrast his ability with Humphrey. Walcott is at a totally different level from Humphrey.

The one thing you need to play at a higher level is a good level of technical ability and Humphrey just doesn't have that. I don't think he really has the mentality of a top level footballer either as he disappears far to often, gets down when things don't got for him and is half hearted when tracking back.

Maybe he'll end up at a lower half Championship club but I'd be amazed and very happy indeed if we got a seven figure sum for him.

He's fast but if that was all that mattered Usain Bolt would play for Barcelona.

That just about somes you up YA BEZZER! what an utter load of rubbish, yes your opinion is valued but to slag the lad off for half hearted efforts is beyond belief, that lad gives 100% every match, whether he is injured or not, i wish i was sat next to you on match day, i cant believe you have written that, yes YOU might not think he is any good or in fact worthey of a start spot at Motherwell but some people including scouts from a number of clubs do think he is worth it, and i for one think its justified. You pick your starting 11 YA BEZZER, and i wonder if Humphrey would be playing, of course unless there are other options available which as you know there is not.

As for your comment about Walcott... yes your right actually, he would get slated, but try putting it this way...is Sammon at the level of Rooney....NO he is not, but he must be he is in the EPL..... There are various levels and standards in the EPL like the SPL, i doubt at this point Humphrey could play in any EPL team in the top 8, but any team below then he would be in with a shout.

What mentality is required to be a EPL footballer please YA BEZZER,i would love to know.

Chris Humphrey plays for your team YA BEZZER, and will run out in the Scottish Cup final saturday for your team. He gives 100% every single game he plays, your opinon of him as a player has not bothered me as its your right to have an opinion, but to say he does not give 100% is wrong.

Its a few days before the Cup Final, lets keep the comments on here about our own players positive and that may get us through to a Cup win, look at the Man of the match awards for this season YA BEZZER, but of course....and i quote you( This season he has just about justified a starting place) well if thats the case none of the starting eleven should be starting.

PRICE LESS one liner YA BEZZER.

• Like 1

The point is he is a Motherwell Player.. who gives 100% every game, and if other users do not agree i will challenge those comments, who ever it is, his ability, his crossing,passing and goals i wont challenge as that can improve, but effort sorry.......

I'm pretty delighted that in the past two days, Rankin has signed for United and Langfield has signed a 1 year deal at Aberdeen. :thumbup:

Good days.

Chris Humphrey plays for your team YA BEZZER, and will run out in the Scottish Cup final saturday for your team. He gives 100% every single game he plays, your opinon of him as a player has not bothered me as its your right to have an opinion, but to say he does not give 100% is wrong.

No player gives 100% "every single game".

I'm pretty delighted that in the past two days, Rankin has signed for United and Langfield has signed a 1 year deal at Aberdeen. :thumbup:

Good days.

Kevin McBride and Graeme Smith are still floating about out there without a club.

Don't know about Healy, Sieb. He has never really been incredibly consistent at club level and this season he struggled to make an impression in a Rangers team who were at one point just filling jerseys.

Still, I've seen a lot worse at Fir Park, but I don't think signing players like Healy is the way forward.

And no player gives 110%, ever. Totally off topic, but just thought I'd share a pet peeve :)

Seen as we're on it,

'Guesstimate'

What the fuck is a guess? What the fuck is an estimate. Unbridled rage.

Don't know about Healy, Sieb. He has never really been incredibly consistent at club level and this season he struggled to make an impression in a Rangers team who were at one point just filling jerseys.

Still, I've seen a lot worse at Fir Park, but I don't think signing players like Healy is the way forward.

Jeffers is a far better player than Healy

with the amount of players that have been released down in england over the last week or so i dont think we will be short of a few options to bring in. Plus its the daft time of the year where rumours come from everywhere we will just need to wait and see what the summer brings :thumbup:

I'm just thankful Broon isn't making our signings. Randolph aside, they were pish

Aye, McCall outdid him on that front; at least in his short term deals. Hoprefully, the longer term deals over the summer will be equally successful.