2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Sutton getting presented at half 3 today at Hearts, just heard from Scott Burns

Never did anything till his last 6 months anyway,

bollocks - absolute bollocks

the last 6 months he was played in his natural position - before that he was a sub or a left midfielder - and showed what he could do given the right service

there really is no pleasing some folk

I think we need a big target type striker and Murphy can't fill this role.

Is Gary Smith up for that job or should we look elsewhere?

Higdon out of contract at St Mirren - possibility?

So, do we now offer Jeffers a deal? If fully fit, he can be miles better for us than Sutton, presuming he can match the workrate. He's more mobile and has a better football brain. I just question his ability to stay injury free

I question whether he could get 12+ goals for us a season. Good stop gap signing but don't want to see him as Sutton's replacement.

Don't think it's as simple as that, they are too different in style and role. If we offered Jeffers a contract and he accepted, we'd still be looking for a replacement for Sutty.

Will be very disappointed if we don't at least have a crack at getting Higdon. Worst that can happen is he's not interested.

both him and his brother are w@nks noo.:wank:

Nah, if he acknowledges the Well fans in our first game against them, I'll happily give him a clap. Played his heart out for us and deserves a crack with a bigger club. Just gutted he's going to be playing against us.

can someone change the thread title :whistling:

Sad that he is away, would have preferred him to move out of the league, but cheers for the professionalism and effort over the years John.

don't expect any pleasantries in the future however

there are far better strikers than him about on less wages that would jump at the chance to play for us.

can you name them?!?!?!

cant see him gettin many starts for hearts, infact i recon he could spend alot of his contract out on loan.

even if he does - he is securing his family's future (3yr deal with us @ £2k per week = £312,000) moving to Hearts, 3yr deal @ 4.5k or 6k per week = 702,000 / 936,000)

gone are the days when footballers earned the same money as Joe Public and there was loyalty - him and his family are number 1, the clubs and the fans come down the pecking order - i dont see the problem with that

If someone offered me 3x my wages to do a job - I would be off in a shot - Why is that so hard to accept?

can someone change the thread title :whistling:

Sad that he is away, would have preferred him to move out of the league, but cheers for the professionalism and effort over the years John.

don't expect any pleasantries in the future however

Done as you were posting :lol:

I think we need a big target type striker and Murphy can't fill this role.

Is Gary Smith up for that job or should we look elsewhere?

Higdon out of contract at St Mirren - possibility?

I don't think we can put all our hopes on the back of a young, relatively untested striker. If he makes the breakthrough this year, then great. But I think we need a bit more experience up front. Higdon would be a great shout but I expect McCall will have his eye on someone from down south.

can you name them?!?!?!

even if he does - he is securing his family's future (3yr deal with us @ £2k per week = £312,000) moving to Hearts, 3yr deal @ 4.5k or 6k per week = 702,000 / 936,000)

gone are the days when footballers earned the same money as Joe Public and there was loyalty - him and his family are number 1, the clubs and the fans come down the pecking order - i dont see the problem with that

If someone offered me 3x my wages to do a job - I would be off in a shot - Why is that so hard to accept?

Although hard to read :evilgrin: this is spot on.

Don't think it's as simple as that, they are too different in style and role. If we offered Jeffers a contract and he accepted, we'd still be looking for a replacement for Sutty.

Yep. I'll be happy if Jeffers chooses to hang around, but he's not the sort of guy who's going to score ten goals a season from three yards out.

100% agree, Jeffers won't get us loads of goals but he'd set up plenty for a quick minded agile stiker.

Yeah completely agree. "The Fox In The Box" is long gone.... Jeffers' game is all about creating the space for the type of player you mention, and he's very very good at it.

No way are Hearts going to end up in the group stages of the Europa League and they won't win a Cup.

How do you know that? We were 1 goal away from the group stages and 90 minutes away from winning the Scottish Cup!

Lets face it Hearts is a good move for Sutton and I hope he does well with them.

2 points

1.) Is Scott Burns becoming the new Flow? To many folk on here are hanging on his everyword. Get a grip FFS - he's a professional "unofficial website" reader.

2.) How the hell do so many folk know how much a player is on a week at Fir Park? Some folk should remember we haven't got megabucks when suggesting a players name for next season but equally I doubt we pay as little as what some folk are saying for some of our current players.

Big Higdon at St Mirren or Atoine Curier at Hamilton would both be good replacements for Sutton. Both a similar player and also more importantly would fit our budget.

Mind you I think McCall will end up looking south for his strikers.