2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Are you mad, you don't think Lucas J was better than Sutton. My god the guy was tremendous and had everything Sutton has plus more.

He's more highly thought of than he should be because of the goal against Hibs.He's a decent player but sutton is a better target man and was more consistent imo.

Good luck to the big man, Can't help but feel he will be a bench warmer if Kyle is fit. Not sure if its the best move he could have made.

He will be replaced no problem. :nod:

Interested to know if i'm the only one to disagree with this? IMO all Kyle has that sutton doesnt is his thuggish nature and being a moaning faced b*****d. As much as I hate to say it i think sutton could be awesome in the hearts team if he is given time to settle...

• Like 1

Sutton just on STV. In his press conference he says he moved because he asked Motherwell for a new contract in the summer and again in January and wasn't offered anything until a week before the cup final, and even then there was nothing specific.

hmmm Sutton just said Motherwell didn't try enough to keep him. He asked on three separate occassions for talks right up to the end of the season and it fell on deaf ears. If so that is shocking, at least let him know either way.

Hope to christ that attempts are made to keep some of the squad or is Stuart McCall going for a clear out??:blink:

Sutton just made some interesting comments on STV. He said he wanted to stay at Motherwell but changed his mind owing to the clubs lack of effort to sit down and agree a contract. I'm sure the Hearts' deal is better than we could offer but this doesn't exactly fill me with confidence regarding keeping others in our current squad happy.

Sutton just made some interesting comments on STV. He said he wanted to stay at Motherwell but changed his mind owing to the clubs lack of effort to sit down and agree a contract.

It made interesting listening, you wonder if he would have signed an extension if we had offered one pre Christmas. I just hope we can find another 17 goals a season replacement!

Sutton just on STV. In his press conference he says he moved because he asked Motherwell for a new contract in the summer and again in January and wasn't offered anything until a week before the cup final, and even then there was nothing specific.

Summer would have been Brown in charge and Brown clearly didn't fancy him. January, McCall would barely have been in the door and no way could have considered offering a contract until he knew how Sutton/others fit in with his plans. Not entirely sure what Sutton was expecting there.

• Like 1

Summer would have been Brown in charge and Brown clearly didn't fancy him. January, McCall would barely have been in the door and no way could have considered offering a contract until he knew how Sutton/others fit in with his plans. Not entirely sure what Sutton was expecting there.

Difficult one this. On one hand we might not have known where we were financially. On the other we were dealing with a player who had already proven to be a success. Not sure what has happened. Club unable to commit to anything finacially until the end of the season. Possible and understandable. Similar situation to the one Jennings, Craigan, Casagolda, and Hollis are in. Sutton WAS offered a new contract a week before the Cup Final, or so he says, but McCall came out quite a while back and said he had been offered a new deal (I think). Obviously something doesn't add up.

Im going to give MFC the benefit of the doubt here. I think Sutton can be replaced. It was time for him to move on. Ok he's had a good couple of months but is he as good as Jutkiewitz, Porter, Macormack etc. McCall will have someone in to replace him and Jeffers. Keep the faith!! :thumbup:

Find it very odd that Sutton has this deal done, dusted, signed, sealed and delivered less than a week after our last game.... Strange...

Hearts rumous been floating about for a while now so obviously something in it. TC ribbed him about it at the Sponsor's night. If the contracts were a bit more equal financially he wouldn't be away. He *might* not enjoy his new surroundings as much or have a manager that is undermined by the owner (then again he might) but he, if rumours are to believed, will be earning the kind of money now that will look after his family for life. Not sure about his Motherwell allegations right enough. Something doesn't add up.

Im going to give MFC the benefit of the doubt here. I think Sutton can be replaced. It was time for him to move on. Ok he's had a good couple of months but is he as good as Jutkiewitz, Porter, Macormack etc. McCall will have someone in to replace him and Jeffers. Keep the faith!! :thumbup:

his stats prolly say yes, he is as good, if not better,as/ than them

Difficult one this. On one hand we might not have known where we were financially. On the other we were dealing with a player who had already proven to be a success. Not sure what has happened. Club unable to commit to anything finacially until the end of the season. Possible and understandable. Similar situation to the one Jennings, Craigan, Casagolda, and Hollis are in. Sutton WAS offered a new contract a week before the Cup Final, or so he says, but McCall came out quite a while back and said he had been offered a new deal (I think). Obviously something doesn't add up.

Aye, to me Sutton's comments don't add up to me. I honestly think this deal has been done for some time now and he had no real intention of signing for us so he makes comments that seems to shift the blame on to Motherwell so it looks like ha ain't the bad guy in all this. Jesus, it's only Wed and we are still discussing/hurting after the cup final but he has managed to find a new club, agreed a deal, had a medical and signed up... Nah, fishy if you ask me. Seems like undue haste. And what does he mean our contract offer was nothing specific?!?! Bizarre statement.

To be fair he has had more than a "good couple of months". He was a consistent goalscorer, against ALL teams in the SPL as well, for just about 3 full seasons. Can't recall him being injured in that time either. If he was it wasn't for long. He played 50 games for us this year as well.

In saying that I am confident we can get someone in just as good. If we have one thing going for us it is a track record of preparing and developing young players for big moves, clubwise and financially. This will not be lost on players from League 1 sides who have a good bit of ambition to reach the Championship level, yet feel they aren't getting noticed. Publicity is something that is assured for any player that does the business up here.