2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Bit harsh. Can't see anything wrong with what he's done. He's still doing the same job (4th-6th finish, 10+ goals, cup runs(?) etc) as he did at 'Well, just for a bit more cash, which I'd says he's probably entitled to after serving his time with us and moving with minimal fuss.

We'd all do the same if the opportunity was there!

I would never sign for the Jambo scum, never

I would never sign for the Jambo scum, never

Wasn't quite my point. I meant more in a general sense, doing the same job for more money. Chances are you wouldn't turn it down. At the end of the day, big John's only doing a job the same as the rest of us.

Don't get me wrong, I still hate Hearts!!

I would never work for a company that I had no respect and an immense hatred for. I would rather sign for a true biggotted company than a fake bigot like the Jambos

If nothing else JS leaving is a good opportunity for Stuart McCall to start building his own team and show us what he can pull out of the bag. He was brought in primarily due to his knowledge and contacts in the lower divisions down south when Jim Gannon had a lot of success for us so lets see how that goes..

Players come, players go, that's just football. The might 'Well go on.

Big Sutton did score some important goals, but he did run like a big fanny. (Who's bitter whistling.gif)

I would never work for a company that I had no respect and an immense hatred for. I would rather sign for a true biggotted company than a fake bigot like the Jambos

Aye, but my point is that is a fan's prespective. Sutton is part of the footballing profession and, as an Englishman plying his trade in the SPL, doesn't share the same history with Hearts as the 'Well supporters do. It's just another (much better paying) job for him with, no doubt, a few guys he is already friendly with.

With respect to Craigan, I'd suggest whatever position offers him the greatest chance of continuing his TV career, Aberdeen is a 6 hour round trip from BBC HQ in Glasgow. However lets not ignore his ambition and desire to continue playing at the highest level possible.

Sutton came looking for a contract in February, to be fair McCall had only been in the job for roughly 6 games and his form had been up and down considerably in that time. Sutton then had a purple patch which propelled him into the limelight and he got noticed on Hearts radar. If he's got a wage rise, then fair play to him, he is going to a bigger club in terms of turnover and support and European football too. As long as he understands he'll be second fiddle to Kyle.

Re Craigan to the sheepy cnuts, following the way Broon shat upon him by telling him he was staying publicly blowing smoke up the big mans arse then shitting on him I'd be surprised unless its an assasination attempt on the old prick.

Even if they tripled you wages?? Aye right!!

Even if they quadrupled my wages I wouldn't go :nod: . As I said if I was to whore myself to another club it would be to one who could win trophies not one who promises and fails to deliver. And that is not just the perspective of a fan :nod: , if I was leaving my job for more money it would only be if I could gain success and happiness. Not phrases that I would associate with a move to Jamboland :wank:

Re Craigan to the sheepy cnuts, following the way Broon shat upon him by telling him he was staying publicly blowing smoke up the big mans arse then shitting on him I'd be surprised unless its an assasination attempt on the old prick.

To be honest, I'd be pretty surprised if he went to the sheep. I was only reporting that they reckoned it was a done (2 year) deal.

I personally think it's bollocks, but if he goes, then I won't lose sleep over it.

I really think he's pretty much done. They reckon he can bring on the younger defenders, but I reckon he needs someone more dominant beside him.

We'll probably find out over the next day or two, but I reckon it's keich.

You can spout names out til your blue in the face but unless you are familiar with the players from the Shrewsbury's, the Northampton's etc. then you will find we sign players you've never heard of. It's the Motherwell way.

• Like 2

Disappointed to see him go, but far from gutted. Wasn't convinced by Sutton under McGhee or Gannon, but he began to find form when Brown came in. After his performances between January and May last season I thought it was harsh when he was either played left wing or left on the bench in the first half of this year. Especially when Gow flattered to deceive and Blackman's all round game wasn't brilliant. Although at first I didn't rate him you could never fault his application and work rate. He has been superb since McCall came in (13 of his 17 goals if I remember correctly).

A 17 goal striker won't be easy to replace, but he's no Tommy Coyne or even Chris Porter.

You can spout names out til your blue in the face but unless you are familiar with the players from the Shrewsbury's, the Northampton's etc. then you will find we sign players you've never heard of. It's the Motherwell way.

Yep, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm far more interested in taking a punt on guys like Humphrey, Coke, Jutkiewicz, Randolph and Jennings, christ, even the Moutouakils rather than be picking up guys like Rankin, McBride, Hamill and Grainger. I want guys that are willing to come here, work their ticket and work their hardest to possibly get a move to somewhere bigger after a couple of seasons of doing the business. Seeing guys that have been shite at Hibs or Aberdeen coming here to be decidedly average is the least exciting thing we could do.

Even if they quadrupled my wages I wouldn't go :nod: . As I said if I was to whore myself to another club it would be to one who could win trophies not one who promises and fails to deliver. And that is not just the perspective of a fan :nod: , if I was leaving my job for more money it would only be if I could gain success and happiness. Not phrases that I would associate with a move to Jamboland :wank:

I enjoy the company I work for, but if one of our competitors came in and asked me to move to them for double/triple my salary, doing the exact same job (no additional expectations/responsibilities) then I'de be off like a shot! Even if they were c***s.

Looks like a few people will be changing their avatar now :laugh: What i don't get is this we've been punching above our weight mentality. In the current finacial climate and the amount of debt acrued by clubs Motherwell are in a pretty solid position. So someone please tell me what exactly is the weight we should be punching at? What level do you think Motherwell should be and anything more is punching above our weight? We have good games and bad games like everyone else but as soon as we put a run of good games together all of a sudden we are punching above our weight yet when we put a run of bad results together no one ever says we are punching below our weight.

Good point really. Hearts get pretty decent crowds hand have 10,000+ season ticket holders. Mad owner, lots of debt, and could go bust at a moments notice. We have, at times, poor crowds just over 3,000+ season ticket holders but at the present time are on a sound financial footing. Always felt that tag was in relation to crowds/money brought in via these people, staff at club, footballing and non footballing and so on.

When we can pay £4, 5 or even 6 Grand a week wages to players without spending way over our income level then we might stop using the term 'punching above our weight' when we finish above teams who can. Until then I'm quite happy for us to continue to punch above our weight and show up our far wealthier opponents.

Just a thought, see with this new UEFA rule about club debt etc, I think it's where wages cannot exceed club turnover. Where exactly would Hearts fit in with all this. Is there wages not at around 126% compared to their turnover so would that not mean that in the following years Hearts would in fact be banned from European football? Again just a thought not sure when this is being implemented etc. All the best Sutts decent servant had worse had better let's move on!