2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

Well he is from Liverpool...

EDIT: Hearing rumours from some Miami based papers that Jack Gough from Ft Lauderdale Strikers (formerly Miami FC) in the second tier of american football (or soccer as they call it :doh:) is going for a trial when pre season starts. He is a left sided midfielder, but has a good reputation for finishing.

aye but he's now living in Glasgow - does moving from Liverpool to Glasgow make him a social climber? :unsure:

I've always wondered why we've never seemed to have any longevity or make anything formal with links to some of the bigger English clubs.

I can't imagine it's very hard for the bigger English clubs to find teams that would snap up a fringe EPL or Championship player on loan or otherwise, so I don't expect there's much incentive for them to give priority to a mid-table SPL team.

Whats the script with Jenno.....

I though he was off for a fortnight and then coming back (and hopefully) signing at least another years contract. Was that not about 3 weeks ago?

The wages for Jeffers, Ross, Casagolda, Sutton, Jones, Gunning plus a few others must add up to a few bob. I would expect at least another 4 players signing, especially as our wage budget was NOT to be reduced from last year that and the fact we have only brought in Higdon so far.....

We are reasonably well served in defence, but I would like to see a creative midfielder and one more decent (ish) quality striker.

I can't imagine it's very hard for the bigger English clubs to find teams that would snap up a fringe EPL or Championship player on loan or otherwise, so I don't expect there's much incentive for them to give priority to a mid-table SPL team.

The lack of continuity in the managerial hotseat could also be a factor.

Moyes obviously trusted Gannon with his youngsters, Fat Sam was the Auld Bastards pal as well. Its the old adage, 'its who you know'.

ill make the statement small then......unless anyone knows of him signing a new contract... he is leaving the club, even if we offer the Captain armband, he will leave. I am hopeing its not to go North!

ill make the statement small then......unless anyone knows of him signing a new contract... he is leaving the club, even if we offer the Captain armband, he will leave. I am hopeing its not to go North!

have you been told personally he is leaving. He hasnt signed a contract as he is on holiday we will just need to wait and see what happens as we all know contract talks can take a while to get signed fingers crossed he stays

Finlay, as to his final location i dont know that just yet, but he did have a decent season, but i cant see many big clubs wanting him down South, so it would not be a massive shock if he went to the Brownster, but who knows.

Fair enough, but Everton giving us Ruddy and Lukas paid dividends for them in terms of what they brought in. That precedent has to be worth something.

Don't underestimate the TV exposure the SPL get compared to the English lower leagues and the chance to showcase your wares.

Fair enough, but Everton giving us Ruddy and Lukas paid dividends for them in terms of what they brought in. That precedent has to be worth something.

Don't underestimate the TV exposure the SPL get compared to the English lower leagues and the chance to showcase your wares.

I dont normally agree with Ladywelltoi, but that point is valid, at least 8 to 10 games live on TV a year, maybe more, EPL teams would be lucky to get that unless they are in the top 4... as for Championship the top teams maybe one or two games per season, with the chance of the play off games. SPL is the place to be if you like the look of yourself on the TV.

Its getting to the situation now that I'm not really bothered if he goes.

this, saying that, its always the same when players finish their deals and go on summer holidays

we dont deliver loyalty so cannot expect it from them, so just shrug shoulders and wait for the next Motherwell team that takes to the field

We don't agree because I'm always right and you're generally wrong :evilgrin:

Of Course, generally wrong,sometimes right,but always offer an opinion.....thats about the some total of it.

Most deals run until end of june. Cant have players going on their holidays without cash on their wallets.

Why is that? Our season never goes beyond May but we still pay them holiday pay even though they might not be returning. One item on the agenda for the first Members meeting :evilgrin: