2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

What Motherwell fan would have 'contacts' with Shrewsbury anyway? I smell shite.

I live in the Midlands, and also have friends from Shrewbury, we dont all live in Scotland!

Wiki (for what its worth) says that he consistently topped the list of assists in League Two - so maybe the playmaker we are looking for.

Or not. Who knows with Wiki? In fact, I'm going to stop writing now and get back to my coffee.

See when they eventually change the cross the border compensation rule we will be fucked.

I've been wondering about that. I know a few clubs down south have been asking the FA for the rule on it to be changed, but how would they go about it?

Is it not the same rule that is applied for the player moving up here than it is to, say, Germany or France in that it is a move 'abroad'?

Would that not then make it a UEFA rule change rather than either of our FAs?

I've been wondering about that. I know a few clubs down south have been asking the FA for the rule on it to be changed, but how would they go about it?

Is it not the same rule that is applied for the player moving up here than it is to, say, Germany or France in that it is a move 'abroad'?

Would that not then make it a UEFA rule change rather than either of our FAs?

Yes, we are to England as foreign as Spain, France, Germany etc. when it comes to transfer rules. The FA have looked into it before I believe (or the Football League) but it was chucked out.

so basically your contact revealed details of a deal that wasn't finalised? Is that not what you're always slagging our own chief exec aboot?

Nope, there was no deal, as far as they were concerned he'd knocked it back and was heading for Fir Park.

What Motherwell fan would have 'contacts' with Shrewsbury anyway? I smell shite.

A contact I met through work. I never knew he was a Shrewsbury Town fan until I mentioned going back up to Scotland for a Motherwell match and he asked how Chris Humphrey's was doing. From there we got chatting about football and every now and then we discuss how our relevant teams are doing and he mentioned a few weeks ago that we were back to steal another of their players, he is still a bit miffed about Humphrey, and gave me the info. He took great delight yesterday in e-mailing me the BBC page about Taylor signing a new contract.